It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-nuking the Tonopah Test Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I caught this on fbo dot gov. In the past, they were moving contaminated soil.

Waste Shipping
Solicitation Number: NEPS17-1108
Agency: Department of Energy
Office: Navarro Research and Engineering Inc.

STATEMENT OF WORK
TRANSPORTATION OF LOW-LEVEL RADIOACTIVE WASTE FROM THE TONOPAH TEST
RANGE

For planning purposes, the Subcontractor is required to provide
transportation services to/from the following known locations:

• Transportation of approximately 5,000 yds^3 (approximately 300 waste shipments) of LLW from the TTR to the NNSS.

• Return transportation of empty flatbed trailers from the NNSS to the TTR.

• Subcontractor shall assume transportation of waste from the TTR to the NNSS will consist of 5 shipments/day, Monday through Thursday
(excluding holidays).

• Subcontractor shall provide one shuttle driver at the TTR work site, including the necessary equipment (e,g., tractor, flatbeds, etc.) to
prepare shipments for the following day. Over-the-Road drivers shall pick-up loads each morning at the TTR, for delivery to the NNSS, and return empty flat beds to the TTR at the end of each day.

• Subcontractor shall provide sufficient quantity of tractors and flatbed trailers with stake bed sides to support the anticipated shipping schedule.

• Subcontractor’s drivers are expected to stay in Tonopah during normal business working days (Monday through Thursday). Lodging and per diem will be at the government’s expense.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I went as a tourist to Trinity site , New Mexico ... it was spooky , in more than one way ; but- especially from a health standpoint .

Breathing that low-level dust will kill a percentage of workers, I would guess .

I hope they don't put it ion some stupid place ... like above and close to a major river . I guess it's low level,though ... so - why worry ?
Thanks , S&F.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia

I went as a tourist to Trinity site , New Mexico ... it was spooky , in more than one way ; but- especially from a health standpoint .

Breathing that low-level dust will kill a percentage of workers, I would guess .

I hope they don't put it ion some stupid place ... like above and close to a major river . I guess it's low level,though ... so - why worry ?
Thanks , S&F.

It's going to the Nevada National Security Site, previously the Nevada Test Site. It seems like they are consolidating the low level wastes.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It's going to the Nevada National Security Site, previously the Nevada Test Site. It seems like they are consolidating the low level wastes.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia
I guess it's low level,though ... so - why worry ?

Pfft. A little nuke-y never hurt anyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Low-level radioactive waste is a term used in communication. It may or may not be true.

The only way to know if it truly is low-level is to measure it.

2:26

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

A little radi` that will kill nobody...

new topics

top topics

join