It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Name Ronna Romney to RNC Chair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I do wonder if this is a bit of a slap in the face.

President-elect Donald Trump is expected to select Ronna Romney McDaniel as the next chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, according to multiple reports.

Ms. McDaniel, the niece of 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, currently serves as chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party.

www.washingtontimes.com...

I also am very curious if they think that they've garnered significant Republican backing in Michigan for any kind of long term scenario. I mean given that this was a really horrible election in my eyes, I don't see anyone sticking around the R ticket for long amongst us average plebs.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In my humble opinion and as said , I think the Mitt Romney consideration for SoS was just a poke at old Mitt . I dont think Ronna is. Maybe the one happened due to the other ?
But , I question any Romney appointed anywhere .

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've thought about that. Perhaps Mitt was never geared for SoS but simply wanted some advice on his niece. Or maybe ol Trumpy got him all worked up about the job and told him in private what his intentions were!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You've made some good moves, Mr. Trump.

But this nepotism needs to stop! NOW!

First McConnell's wife and now this? Sometimes I don't know what the guy I voted for is doing.

Note: No, I still do not regret voting for him.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ronna Romney, say that 10 times fast that`s a real tongue twister.

I`m not a fan of some of trumps picks but if they don`t work out he can always " you`re fired' and appoint someone else.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

First McConnell's wife and now this? Sometimes I don't know what the guy I voted for is doing.

Well, it is definitely interesting. I keep wondering what the hell he is thinking. This is giving us guys here on ATS a workout trying to figure out what his next move might be.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Well, it is definitely interesting. I keep wondering what the hell he is thinking. This is giving us guys here on ATS a workout trying to figure out what his next move might be.

Trump is following a well known business tactic. Keep em guessing , keep em off-guard . (Republican And Democrat Party both. Also the MSM) . You do not want a rival business knowing your strategy beforehand.
Wise move in this political climate
edit on 12/13/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

At this point I'm just trying to stand back and look at the long game.

Although it doesn't really benefit me in any substantial way, I can't help but seeing things (for now) through the lens of my goodness this is still so much better than if Hillary had won.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Tell them your name...

knowyourmeme.com...
edit on 13-12-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I laughed way to hard at that. I may be deficient.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Pay to play. Trumps biggest opposition as President isn't going to be Democrats, they're powerless. It's going to be in keeping a majority Republican congress united behind him rather than fractured and opposing him. If even 5% break away, anything he puts forward can be defeated. That means lots of giveaways to the various factions to get them to go along with his agenda.

new topics

top topics

join