It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obsolete US foreign policy dangerously provokes China towards a nuclear conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The US should stop threatening the world and stop threatening nuclear powers. The US still operates a kind of 19th century foreign policy. It's a gunboat foreign policy. It's so out of date, but no one wants it because everybody knows where it could lead.

Africa is very interesting, where the Chinese have gone and instead of the old Western routine of saying 'countries can only develop on our terms', on World Bank terms, IMF, the Chinese have gone in and said 'let's have your raw materials and we'll build roads and bridges and ports for you.'

The US response has been entirely military. So, you have right through Africa, AFRICOM, which is the newest US military command, with headquarters now in Addis Ababa, has a military presence in almost all the major countries in Africa, in which military hardware is given to often unstable governments. That's a colonial, a 19th century imperial way of dealing. The Chinese on the other hand are expanding in business terms, not in military terms.

:MOD EDIT: Do not Spam your personal blog until approved by Admin
edit on 12/23/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoba

Maybe you should read economic hitman by John Perkins. The west uses the same initial method, they lend money to third world nations to build infrastructure. The money lent actually goes back to Western contractors who do the work. When payback gets tight, they don't call the debt, they demand resources at a discount and political steering control of the country, install military bases, etc. When the debt is actually defaulted, they send in the jackals to create regime change. If that doesn't work, they send in the military to force regime change and take full control.

If you think the Chinese method is different or fairer you are sadly mistaken as the end result will be exactly the same.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yea, youre right.
lets send them an apple pie while at the same time we stop buying their arsenic laced, low quality, child labor produced Crapola.

And start manufacturing stuff in america.
the only thing that says made in the usa these days are drugs bombs and missiles.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Some background, reasons why Africa is poor and divided...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomoba
The US should stop threatening the world and stop threatening nuclear powers. The US still operates a kind of 19th century foreign policy. It's a gunboat foreign policy. It's so out of date, but no one wants it because everybody knows where it could lead.

Africa is very interesting, where the Chinese have gone and instead of the old Western routine of saying 'countries can only develop on our terms', on World Bank terms, IMF, the Chinese have gone in and said 'let's have your raw materials and we'll build roads and bridges and ports for you.'

The US response has been entirely military. So, you have right through Africa, AFRICOM, which is the newest US military command, with headquarters now in Addis Ababa, has a military presence in almost all the major countries in Africa, in which military hardware is given to often unstable governments. That's a colonial, a 19th century imperial way of dealing. The Chinese on the other hand are expanding in business terms, not in military terms.

failedevolution.blogspot.gr...

Well the Chinese build the roads, railroads and ports so they can ship out the raw materials, no point otherwise, just copying previous imperialists.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Chinese and Russian propaganda.

Not saying its therefore 100% nonsense, just saying this comes from RT, who is getting the info from long time critic of the west, John Pilger (who of course is selling books and documentrys specifically on his criticism of American and British interests in the east).

OPs is amusing "all China is saying to Africa is give us all your crap and we will build you roads". lol...sure. all the nice man in the alley is saying, is give me your wallet and I will let you leave with your clothes is closer to the truth here. Chinese government is not to be trusted..not by others, and certainly not by their own people. If the government will harvest the own civilians organs for profit..what do you think it will do with other nations?

Anyhow, just poke and prod a bit on the source here.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Well the Chinese build the roads, railroads and ports so they can ship out the raw materials, no point otherwise, just copying previous imperialists.

China also will give the added bonus of taking your kidneys, lungs, and hearts

edit on 13-12-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Didn't china build a load of empty cities in Africa?.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Didn't china build a load of empty cities in Africa?.

Not sure. don't see the point. I know China builds tons of ghost cities in China in order to continue propping up the intense housing bubble that will lead to one of the deepest recessions the world has ever seen in a decade or so.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Just checked Angola.

www.citylab.com...

Now I'm not saying they plan to move 500k chinese over there but it would be a good way to get a bigger foothold in Africa.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Just checked Angola.

www.citylab.com...

Now I'm not saying they plan to move 500k chinese over there but it would be a good way to get a bigger foothold in Africa.

China has a very unique way of expansion. I guess its better than rolling in tanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
we need to start arming the mongols stat!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As a human being.... I support what the people of Taiwan want.... If they were to vote and declare themselves a free country..... then I would expect all freedom loving people to protect them and their right to decide for themselves if they are a part of China or a sovereign nation.
....... but then again I live in a country that doesnt care that the citizens of Crimea voted to be part of Russia.

It is not up to men in suits to determine a countries sovereignty, that responsibility belongs to the people who live there........ and the day that an American president has to ask China (or anyone else) for permission to talk on the phone to the leader of another country... is the day we might as well turn in our guns and start learning Chinese

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Top Gear praised the quality of the Chinese roads in Africa. That's good enough for me.

new topics

top topics

join