It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It turns out, world map is fake aswell.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

As you know, more and more people seeking truth. We have been lied in almost everywhere. We grow listing to fake news and fake documentaries. I attached link to the world map related artical below.

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

www.buzzfeed.com... What els is fake? " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">It turns out, world map is fake aswell.

As you know, more and more people seeking truth. We have been lied in almost everywhere. We grow listing to fake news and fake documentaries. I attached link to the world map related artical below.

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

www.buzzfeed.com... What els is fake? " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">It turns out, world map is fake aswell.

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

If the second picture is 'actually' what the world looks like, why is it a square?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Seems like version that's supposed to be "authentic" is horizontally distorted.

Satellite imaging helps a lot.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Its just a first link i find.. please. Do look around. Apparantlly everyting seems fake.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Oh come on!

I've been a keen viewer of the ISS feeds for ages and I can tell you the vision from the ISS matches the maps you can view tracking it "where is the ISS now?".

Real people seeking truth don't fall for the "Earth is not round" sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Clicking on the contributors name and seeing her other works tells me she's not the best person to get your info from, unless it's about Drake.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Another liberal driven insane by a Clinton loss?
An example of someone who proudly went to a public school and then got their degree in basket weaving ?
Another "flat earther" trying to hide their true agenda?
Someone that just doesnt live in this reality ?
Someone addicted to non-prescription medication ?

ETA = "Fake News" ?

I vote all of the above .

I like the video being pulled due to multiple notifications of a copyright violation . Buzzfeed and this idiot should have known better

edit on 12/13/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The bottom one is technically more accurate, but there are problems with both projections, problems that are not easily, or even possible to be addressed.

After all It is rather difficult to accurately portray a spherical planet on a flat, rectangular map.

Buy a globe. That's the best you'll get at the end of the day.
edit on -060001am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

Well the premise of this article is fake, the top map which they label as incorrect is accurate.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hammaraxx
Real people seeking truth don't fall for the "Earth is not round" sort of thing.

I see what you just did there.. nice try..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Bingo! Fake News.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The problem is how do you overlay a map on a flat surface when the world is a globe? The OPs approach is wrong as the world is not flat. The original is more correct because it attempts to demonstrate the un-flattness of the world.

Regardless, if all maps are wrong how do people successfully navigate from A to B?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Skim milk, decaffeinated coffee, turkey bacon, etc. Need I go on?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, just geometry.
Since the world is a sphere, any attempt to represent it on a flat surface will necessarily be a distortion. If we want a flat-surface map regardless, we're obliged to make a choice between different kinds of distortion.
This has been an issue for mapmakers ever since America was discovered. How do we "project" this sphere onto a flat surface? Mercator's Projection won favour by offering the least inconvenient forms of distortion.The relative sizes of Greenland and Africa are not important to someone who wants to sail across or down the Atlantic. The projection offered by that site probably gains accuracy in relative sizes by losing accuracy somewhere else.

All maps of the world will always be wrong, because maps are flat.
If you want accuracy, buy a globe.

edit on 13-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Following video briefly explains why a globe looks the way it does.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

All maps of the world will always be wrong, because maps are flat.
If you want accuracy, buy a globe.

Exactly, every map uses projection so every map is basically projection.

To be correct: It should not be globe but rotational ellipsoid ... if rightly deformed (gravitational pull is not constant, there are hills etc), we can talk about model.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Please tell me this is a joke, more flat earth brain damage?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

www.buzzfeed.com...

What els is fake?

If the second picture is 'actually' what the world looks like, why is it a square?

Cuz the Earth is flat, duh...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Cartographers for Social Equality is just a shell organization for the Soros Foundation intended as a distraction to prevent individuals from establishing with certainty ones true location within the universe...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Bingo! Fake News.

fake news? it's not news dude, its science.

The earth is round, maps were made to articulate a way to see it as best they could, to navigate, at the time. that's changed now we see the globe as it is.

Good grief, this is obvious... but mouth breathers wont ever get it.

edit on 13-12-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join