It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guerrilla War in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"The United States invaded Iraq in order to be perceived as a decisive military power and to set the stage for military operations elsewhere."

I thought this article was going to be another lame propaganda spew. Instead it was written with knowledge that only the experienced can purvey. So here is a Link. Not that this article doesn't reflect the already obvious, it's just that sometimes the obvious ain't seen all the time. So with this in mind, propaganda may be easier to notice, or not.

Although I see this as having NOTHING to do with the war on terrorists, it does help reflect how our government may be thinking. Although I agree that guerrilla warfare might just be the best tactic to use against terrorists.

[Edited on 23-6-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A conventional campaign would never work against terrorists, unless you were willing to ignore civillian casualties.....and that isn't gonna happen....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Advisor, I told workmates of mine that the "war" was yet to come. I do not belive the Vietnam analogies apply specifically here although. The politcal fallout from a year of this will weigh on the '04 elections for sure. I think if we can stimulate the Iraqi economy(?) we have a chance at something great there. This also depends on our ability to get Sadaam and qwell the rebel uprising that is certainly nurtured by external forces laying in wait for us to weaken, as we did in Viet.

join