It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure For Alzheimer's disease? 1 hour Flickering LED lights-a Day reduces Plaque By 50% (Mice)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's the trick, getting scientists to release the data so people with your skills can get the suffering people help.

I can guarantee that there would be a line around the building if they said they were looking for subjects to try this, even if it was unproven. The suffering is legion.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
If you could use 30Hz and get results, then making it would be easy. You could get an old stepdown transformer that outputs 6-12volts and put a diode in series with a resistor of the proper value and then connect that to the LED. The diode would only allow the LED to turn on for half of the AC waveform 60Hz /2 .

Actually the half of a 60Hz waveform you would get with a series diode (and resistor) would only be the positive or negative going half of the full sin wave, but that half would still have a frequency of 60Hz.

However the point you make is that the electronic circuit to produce an led flashing at about 40Hz is very simple and very cheap. This is certainly true...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I had more time, and if ATS had a non-fiction section, it might be fun to do a design from start to finish so people could see how engineers' minds work.

Using the replacement glasses, of course, plastic work is miserable and pricey. If you used the other guys' specs, the electronics would be a snap.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Having dealt with a family member with Alzheimer’s here is what I have seen in the way of research and ways that are being looked at:

There are some schools of thought that point out that coconut oil helps with such, but it is unproven so far.

Another test came out and it showed promise was the use of low frequency ultrasounds at the base of the skull to loosen the barrier, as to allow for the increase flow of blood to remove the plaque and tangles in the brain.

This is another potential for the aid in helping with someone with Alzheimer’s.

As far as the use of animal experimentation, here is the thing:

While it may seem cruel, most if not all laboratory animals are clones. They are bred to have one set of genetics, with no variables at all. Then the scientists can give or have them develop various conditions. The brain of a mouse is not as complex as a humans and thus they can see how the disease progresses and see what areas can be targeted, and which potential treatments have the best to work in humans. They also can see if there are any potential side effects that could make the treatment far worse on humans as well.

The other reason why such is done with laboratory animals is that like most breakthroughs, it needs to be verified and duplicated in other labs, to show that it can work. So right now they are saying light is a potential treatment, so other labs would have to follow the instructions and duplicate the same experiment and get the same results.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It seems that a lot of the root cause of Alzheimer's advancing to the stages where it's causing cognitive decline is brain inflammation. Keep that down and it either slows, stops or reverses.

Some things that work on that and seem to work in the lab:

1) tight sugar control

Some docs are calling Alzheimer's "type 3 diabetes" - excess sugar causes both insulin resistance in neurons and inflammation. My paternal family side is prone to poor sugar control, and tada! Alzheimer's. So for us, at least, that's a problem. Not even diabetes, really, just if you look at the glucose tolerance test numbers we're all over the damned place when the sugar hits the fan before we recover, and then it's type 2 diabetes in our later years.

I discovered in college I could not eat starchy crap food or drink sugar drinks without becoming an imbecile for hours. So, I quit. I have bread, pasta or potatoes about once a quarter to remind me how bad I feel after I eat it. I measured my CRP before and after once, I have a measurably bad inflammatory reaction to it. So, it's something like paleo for me, all the time.

2) low dose anti-inflammatories

There is at least one NSAID that crosses the blood-brain barrier and reduces inflammation in the brain, and that's mefenamic acid. It's a very old school first gen NSAID. In animal studies, it reversed Alzheimer's. It's pretty cheap. I take small doses daily. Bonus: you can easily stave off the potato-retardation by taking it. But the inflammatory reaction I have to sweets and starches lasts longer than the Ponstan dose, so if you're going to eat that chocolate cake, you have to take Ponstan every six hours for about 24 hours. In general, it's not worth it. I've about stopped any crappy carbs and now sugar tastes too sweet anyway.

3) leukotriene inhibitors

Part of why your brain becomes inflamed is that white blood cells become alarmed by various false alarms, among them sugars and I'd suspect neurofibrillary tangles as well. They rush in and sound the alert by releasing leukotrienes, and then you get swelling, decreased circulation, and more tangles. So a leukocyte stabilizer that crosses the blood-brain barrier can limit that somewhat. There is a cheap one with a long track record called montelukast. It also reverses Alzheimer's in animal studies.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

There is the PGA project right there!

Make the money and retire.

I think that sugar is nefarious in large doses. We are not made to live off of that like ants.

Mouse and ants... what a wonderful life!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Make no mistake, the sugar industry knows the damage they are doing, and they don't care. Lots of $$$ to be made til the ride is over.

There will be class action law suits just like the tobacco suits.

XL5

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
NickK3, yeah your right, I forgot that one cycle was one positive and one negative wave.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

just get this $3 digital frequency generator attach it to an output amplifier,get some red beads leds for $4 and start the flickering process..total cost less then a beer.

Here are the links to the parts...

www.ebay.co.uk...:g:pcgAAOSw4G VYHVze

www.ebay.co.uk... _nkw=2+channel+frequency+pwm&_sacat=0

www.ebay.co.uk... w=red+led+beads+with+heatsink&_sacat=0

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

you can get this for digital frequency generator for $3.... plug into usb power bank...attach red led to output of frequency generator,adjust the PWM to flicker and of you go...so simple and cheap.

Under $5.

www.ebay.co.uk...:g:2BsAAOSwAuZX2R 0f

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

i just did the design for you.see my post here.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

I have listed the parts already. This DIGITAL frequency generator which costs $3 from ebay.see link below....power it by using any micro usb phone charger......connect any red led from toy or ebay to output of this frequency generator.

Adjust frequency to 40 hertz and adjust PWM and you get your flicker device for $4 and 5 minutes work.

www.ebay.co.uk...:g:rc4AAOS wJ7RYUNO2
edit on 18-12-2016 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I haven't read any of the details of the equipment or specification , but sounds like a perfect app for vr.

You can get a vr headset that works really good for 30 dollars or even make your own with cardboard. Then all you would need is your cellphone .

Unless it of course it requires specific LEDS and not just flickering lights?

edit on 421231America/ChicagoSun, 18 Dec 2016 09:42:30 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Here is the full research paper..Could somebody translate it to normal english?

www.nature.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There have been lots of studies that have reduced amyloid-beta accumulation in the mouse brain, none so far have gone further than early human trials. This might be one that does but there is a long way to go yet.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Sry, bump

edit on 20161218 by tikbalang because: WANA1244

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Is there a possibility to make the flickering lights into random patterns and colour?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

yes.

Get those 4 for a Dollar flickering led/color changing leds candles.
edit on 19-12-2016 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join