It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France passes law that crackdowns on Pro-Life websites.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Bluesma

I once asked a Down Syndrome parent how they cope they responded the child was Gods gift to teach them about true love
Personally, I am of the same opinion. I have a mentally retarded sister that I adore and cherish.

But, I also grew up in a different land and culture, so she grew up very differently than she would have here in France , and my parents lives were very different than if they had been here. If here, mom would have had to stop working outside the home for the rest of her life, be dependent upon dad to support her completely, and she'd have to stay mostly out of social and public life.

I would do it anyway. But I don't feel a need to judge and condemn women who felt they couldn't handle that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Not everyone wants to live in a free society.

They mostly believe that to divise a people against each other leaves them weak and makes them easier to conquer. So they try to preserve solidarity.

It goes against our american belief that "the more divised we are, the safer we are."
"My kid is being fed sugar like a drug at school, so he can be easily trained by the media and too unhealthy to use his brain... but I got a gun here at home, so we're free and safe!"

edit on 7-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think individuality is something to be cherished and embraced.

Just my opinion, same as it's my opinion that we enjoy more freedoms (and more risks as a result of those freedoms) than most European countries.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think individuality is something to be cherished and embraced.

Just my opinion, same as it's my opinion that we enjoy more freedoms (and more risks as a result of those freedoms) than most European countries.

I share the value on individuality. I guess I have just gained an added value on solidarity as well. I have come to consider that both are equally important and interdependent. Now, instead of trying to be a loner all the time, I try to balance my life between social contexts and individual ones. Probably because in some ways, I experienced more individual freedom here then over there, because the collective power works to keep that free for me!

Like in the states, I could not go to any doctor or healthcare facility I wanted to- I was obligated to go to the ones my insurance provider chose for me, for example.

Remember that the reason for these decisions is to protect individual choice. People still experience peer pressure, but that is only from individuals in their environment. I guess I prefer that the condemnation for my choices just come from some lady down the street, rather than big powerful entities using the public media. I prefer one- on -one opposition with real people.

But like I said, it's a matter of personal preference and it's a good thing everyone is in a place which conforms to what they'd like to experience!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join