It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music problem (electronic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So i made a track on FL STudio and converted to wave file and uploaded to soundcloud, though the sound quality is terrible, everything changed from sounding smooth on FL to crap after upload and i can't figure out why, i suspect it's the sounddriver FL is using which is ASIO4 ALL, any one got some help.

here is the sad result.

SOUND CLOUD
edit on 6-12-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

yea the bass in the bk ground is bein a noob iv had similar probs myself tbh jus pot luck sumtimes ..

but I'm sure sum one here would be able to help out no doubt ..

edit on 6 12 16 by robbeh because: nice track btw !!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've never used that tool, but will try and help. Is it a single track in Fl Studio or multiple tracks? Do you mix all of the tracks to a master bus?

Most DAWs give you options during the export to wave process that lets you choose which tracks and/or buses will be part of the export and if you don't select just the master then you can get bad results. THere are also options for bitrate and bit depth. Are you converting to 44.1KHz and 16 bit depth? That is the standard CD format which Soundcloud is probably expecting.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
So i made a track on FL STudio and converted to wave file and uploaded to soundcloud, though the sound quality is terrible, everything changed from sounding smooth on FL to crap after upload and i can't figure out why, i suspect it's the sounddriver FL is using which is ASIO4 ALL, any one got some help.

here is the sad result.

SOUND CLOUD

Convert it to mp3.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

here is the sad result.

SOUND CLOUD

This is stuff I'm sure you've already done but I'll repeat it for brevity's sake. Add some compression to the kick, the mids and lows are pretty high bring them down some, and bring out the highs. I think there may be some presets you can use if you're not comfortable with mastering. It is very complicated.

I had the opposite problem with GarageBand... All of my songs were muffled and quiet on SoundCloud, so what I used was AUPeakLimiter and raised the pre-gain by around 2 points or so.

Maybe you can do something like that with FL Studio in the mixer. FL Studio is much more involved I still haven't quite figured it all out myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Hi there! I can't listen to it from work but let me give you an advice, ASIO4ALL isn't really the best. You should really buy an ASIO soundcard to make sure it's not the software messing with your sound.

You could also make sure to not put any limiter on the master. In fact, no effects at all and volume lvl to 0 on master.

I personally had bad expériences with FL Studio as you did and changing my soundcard to get a real ASIO hardware has done wonders.

Let us know how it turns out

Edited to add a little suggestion for mastering. I tried this free software and it's pretty honest. You can analyse another wav you like and it loads presets. After you use the preset on your song and it magically adjust all sorts of stuff to make it sound like the track you liked.

www.curioza.com...

It's called AAMS and it's totally free. I strongly suggest you to give it a try.

edit on 6-12-2016 by bigwig22 because: missing info

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Another question : you didn't mention listening to your track after exporting from FL and before uploading it to SoundCloud.

Does it sound like in FL or like SoundCloud? And also make sure to export in 44khz 16bit if you want to make sure it's compatible with everything.

Good luck!

edit on 6-12-2016 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, another question : Did you pay for FL? I'm in no way affiliated with them but I also had trouble with a cracked version. Some plugins weren't 100% functionnal and were giving me trouble when exporting.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Did you master it?

Also, did you listen to it on multiple sources.

If not, then you won't get the best out of it.

I've used FL Studio Illustrial for 10 years, and never had a problem with files rendering badly, just with bad mixes and mastering.
edit on 6/12/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The mistake is in thinking what we all might do in our studios will sound great in others and in other formats, equipment etc. It takes a lot to standardize what we record on one thing...to sound the same of dozens of other things and places.

Thats why studio engineers are so talented. Knowing the levels so things sound the same everywhere.

PS Most real studios have small and medium speakers along with large ones to play the same tracks in each and get a decent level in all of them, before final mixdown.

You just gotta realize that when home recording...even try your track on other sites, computers, uploaded sites and even out in the car. Youll be surprised at how un-alike they are.

Go for balance by comparing...and good luck

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Sounds like you're clipping. Check your levels and make sure you aren't in the red.

top topics

join