It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Demands All Social Media Censor Fake News in 24 hour Or They Pass Laws To Censor It....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The European Union is demanding that Twitter, YouTube and Facebook censor “illegal hate speech” within 24 hours, content that includes so-called “fake news,” a term so broad that it includes perfectly legitimate news content.

Looks like the EU is threatening to pass new laws to help control the "fake news". The EU is complaining that censorship is taking too long so the EU may go and pass new laws. The EU is putting "Fake news" in the same context as jihadist terrorism.

Complaining that censorship is currently taking too long, EU commissioners are threatening to pass new laws if the “non-legislative approach” fails.
“The last weeks and months have shown that social media companies need to live up to their important role and take up their share of responsibility when it comes to phenomena like online radicalisation, illegal hate speech or fake news,” EU Justice Commissioner Vera Jourová told The Financial Times.

The fact that the EU is characterizing “fake news” in the same context as jihadist propaganda is chilling.

You Tube, Face B, Twit, and Mico are setting up a common data base and will remove extremist content, this will make it quick and simple to censor their users.

In a related development, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft have vowed to “step up efforts to remove extremist content from their websites by creating a common database.”
The database, which will see the companies share the “unique digital fingerprints” of content deemed “extremist,” will enable such material to be removed far more quickly.

eheadlines.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

EU is a fascist regime now? I guess I better start registering for my papers if I ever decide to visit Europe so I won't be questioned and detained for being a foreign aide to the underground resistance.

When does the book banning commence?

Then the banning of certain shops and markets that arent approved by the EU?

What about the EU creating a morality police for ensuring proper dress code is enforced in all of Europe?

Yeap. GREAT start to the new 1000 year reich!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Dang! Yeah, deadlines and threats... that always works

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think secretly the E.U. admired Turkey's handling of the media and this was the best they could do to emulate it:

www.theguardian.com...

Turkey has ordered the closure of 20 television and radio stations, including one that airs children’s programmes, for spreading “terrorist propaganda”, adding to fears that emergency rule is being used to stifle the media.

Expect Turkey to join soon

Additionally, this 'fake news' bullsh*t is just another method of control.
edit on -216002016-12-06T09:12:40-06:000000004031201640122016Tue, 06 Dec 2016 09:12:40 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Fake means anything that does not meet the consensus of the time and what officials deem as unacceptable for the members of their society to believe. Most conspiracies, whether real or not, can actually be considered fake news until proven real using allowed practices.

Mind control is important to them I guess. Actually what we are now experiencing in this internet age would never have been allowed years ago. If something is not proven to be real and the evidence allowed to be considered real by the state, then it is considered fake. Things like those glowing clouds and ground currents from the aurora were considered fake ten years ago. Sprites above clouds were not proven real till a couple years ago and were considered fake.

I am going to miss you guys from the EU. It has been nice knowing you guys. I guess you guys from the UK might still be here... thank god.

edit on 6-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Seems like we have seen this before.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is blatant media censorship.

It's so obvious and done with so much audacity that it's not even funny.

Incidentally "fake news" is the most pathetic excuse used for censorship in human history. Stalin was fond of "stopping the spread of counter-revolutionary lies and propaganda". Exactly the same, but with a far more catchy name for censorship.

The Totalitarians really have let themselves go when it comes to naming things.
edit on -060009am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Knowledge is dangerous.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Seems like we have seen this before.

History is making its rounds and we are next on its stop to pay (the world) a visit.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Lol, this is "Fake and Gay".

Remember that adorning every YouTube comments section?

At least we know why the build up to Fake News campaign in the main stream.

Let the banning begin. If you tell the truth, you're in for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The publishers of those pesky text books, the ones that are printed and hard to change, should have wrote a different story of WWII. This would make the whole genX generation blinded to the truth.

The great thing about digital books is the ease of changing the info.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The funny thing is that Breixteers have been warning about this for at least five years at least and we were called insane, stupid, conspiracy theorist etc. and now look, we are right. The EU was never a hope for a better tomorrow but a slow build toward a single government and possibly global government. I hope that Americans on here and out there would stand by the UK and say that they agree with us leaving and it being the right choice because I could never see them signing up or at least I hope they never do, something tells me that it might happen one day in the future when the older generation has passed and the younger generation will be to concerned with which Kardashian is being photoed on the beach with their new boo to concern themselves with the changing laws.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Funny happening in US aswell..

John Podesta sighted in R-Devin Nunes office HR6383 passed in house to shut down "Fake News" due to Russian propaganda.. Funny that..

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Does this mean that the next time President-Elect Donald Trump "tweets" the "fake news" that "millions of illegals" voted for Clinton, twitter will now immediately delete his rant?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
First they pass a law to make isp track all usage,
Then they ban "fake" non government approved messages from mainstream sites...

Who can see step three coming? Round up anyone who doesn't stay in line and put them in re education camps?

This is getting out of hand.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Knowledge is dangerous.

nah, they just want the fake news tripe to remain in the US where it belongs.
like Obama to sign executive order to ban walking...

you know, the kind of news designed for specific groups of people.
if your brain is already tingling, you know the people the fake news are designed for. please deny it, or convince yourself otherwise .

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Does this mean that the next time President-Elect Donald Trump "tweets" the "fake news" that "millions of illegals" voted for Clinton, twitter will now immediately delete his rant?

Y A know how trump gets around that? Punishing twitter with regulations for interfering with his presidential duties. its his responsibility to use all means of communication to keep in touch with the american and worlds people.

If i was him id say I dare you to do it because ill make you regret it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Don't worry, they will ban him all together soon enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

First the fire arms would have to be confiscated. No matter what, the people that are doing the rounding up want to go home in one piece too.

Although getting control of all social media would make it difficult to get the word out if any sort of "round up" was happening.

Who can see step three coming? Round up anyone who doesn't stay in line and put them in re education camps? This is getting out of hand.

edit on 6-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Who is the arbritor of what is and isn't fake news?

THE GULF OF TONKIN. Fake news that gave us a profitable war.

But there was no "second attack" by North Vietnam -- no "renewed attacks against American destroyers." By reporting official claims as absolute truths, American journalism opened the floodgates for the bloody Vietnam War.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join