It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Son just scared me a little bit...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It sounds to me like he doesn't like the cold. To paraphrase he's saying a big wind and then a cold freeze. Is he sensitive to the cold?

And also, for the nightmares get him a kitten or puppy to sleep with, that should end the bad dreams.

STM
edit on 6-12-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not silly at all. He doesn`t like sounds or light at night. (sensory thing)

He doesnt wake up from bad dreams or even seems bothered by them, just tells me (matter of fact like) the next day or while we`re talking about having good dreams at bedtime.

Honestly, he is very happy. I just want input on this whirl-wind , blue footprint thing while we are camping! Trust me he is happy and perfect. Just happens to freak me out from time to time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

With puzzles or equations, he`s been years beyond his sister who is turning 8.

Definately don't forget his little sister... she may feel left out and suffer the consequences at a later age.

I hope you treat them equally? I am sure you do...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I know with autism food is difficult, but eating a real food diet with hardly any processed stuff will do wonders on the mind.
If I drink conventional milk before bed, I get horrible, nightmares regarding gum, steak and other stuff in my teeth. I wake up disgusted and gagging.
This doesn't happen when I eat dairy without the extra junk.
I used to have nightmares all the time, but due to my kids allergies, I started to eat cleaner and the nightmares stopped. My dreams can be weird, but there not terrifying anymore.

My three year old says some strange things that remind me of your son. She's more intuitive and I wonder if she remembers a previous life or before she was born. I have an older daughter who never said these things, so I don't think it's a stage.

As for the blue foot.... You're in British Columbia. It could be a high kp for northern lights, or a tsunami or a heavy rain cloud.
I'm in western Washington and we're currently getting hit with winter weather. Maybe the weather, like the atmospheric pressure, is affecting him and he's explaining it the only way he knows how.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WishIhadknown
Tonight when I put him to bed though (out of the blue) he said that when we go camping there would be a big whirl-wind, and then a giant blue footprint would come down on us.

Tidal-wave.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WishIhadknown

Hi, I am interested in what these "fireballs" are, would you be able to talk about what these fireballs are some more or ask him? It may be important.
edit on 6-12-2016 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Interesting to hear about this and everyone's responses. The ideas given probably are worth looking into further, given the intensity of the concept he was talking about. One thought, though - perhaps it's less literal and more figurative? Maybe not, but don't rule out symbolism that he is simply using words to describe concepts that he doesn't yet know about or know the best way to describe them.

On a different note, I am not a parent yet, but I can't help wondering if you trying to force your son to remain happy all the time (specifically at night or while dreaming) is the best thing to do. I mean, these things are certainly always case-by-case situations...but perhaps there are things that he needs to get out of his system or to convey to you. Trying to bottle those things up just because you're worried that he isn't happy may be less healthy. Have you considered trying to dig a little deeper into these things? For example, conversations at various times of the day/night to figure out where these thoughts/images are coming from and perhaps even trying to ask him why he thinks these thoughts are coming to him (versus you or other people).

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

drives me nuts that you havent said this already but, when are you going camping?
i want to know what time frame i should be on the lookout for "whirlwinds" or "big blue feet"...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

With puzzles or equations, he`s been years beyond his sister who is turning 8.

Definately don't forget his little sister... she may feel left out and suffer the consequences at a later age.

I hope you treat them equally? I am sure you do...

Kindest respects

Lags

When you are back online could you please respond to my question in order that I/we can understand better your situation with your children and NOT just one child who has a disability or should I say a learning disorder (to be politically correct) or an ability which is different from the common norm sadly accepted.

A little bit of reading material below :

Autism Is Not a Disability, It's a Different Ability... :

www.experienceproject.com...

In my own opinion and just a suggestion coming from someone who has dealt with this issue for nearly 18 years with my own son : All the kids in your family should be respected and treated in the same manner (of course special needs should be taken into consideration...)

Although for our own personal situation this has been a completely natural process, we have learned that everyone is equal in our family and no-one should be treated differently.

He/she should also be treated as a "NORMAL" person and ONE WHOLE part of the family...

In my opinion.

Thanking you in advance.

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 6-12-2016 by Lagomorphe because: More crap grammar

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Could your son be talking about this Whirlwind ? He may have been exposed to the Skylanders series ?

leolady

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

It sounds like a child watching a storm.

Heavy winds followed by heavy rain.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My son has Asperger's and also sees pictures and puzzles differently. Their brain does not process information the same way we do.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I didn't notice your location when I posted. Yes, tornadoes would be pretty uncommon for your area, but something else just occurred to me. A scary thought actually...

While tornadoes may be uncommon in BC, another phenomenon is not. The Aurora Borealis (or Northern Lights) are commonly observed in BC and further north in AK. The Northern Lights are caused by charged particles reacting in the Earth's magnetosphere. These particles are charged by "solar winds" (waves of energy traveling through space from our Sun). So the "whirl wind" your son is talking about could refer to the 'solar wind'. But here's the really weird part...

Most often the Northern Lights are generally observed to be green or red. However, during times of particularly strong solar activity (electromagnetic storms on the Sun), the Northern Lights will be observed to be blue or fringed in blue...ergo, the great "whirl wind" (Solar Wind) causes the Sun to interact with the Earth's magnetosphere and leave a giant "blue footprint".

Has your son ever seen the Northern LIghts? To the uninitiated the Northern Lights can be a pretty scary and memorable phenomenon. In fact, throughout hundreds of generations of history they have been referred to as 'dancing gods' and 'bridges of fire". Another interesting note is, your son's references to "fireballs" also has relevance here. The Northern Lights have caused grave concern among millions in history as they were perceived as the sky being on 'fire'.

On a side note, the first time I ever witnessed the Northern Lights up close was as an adult fishing one night in southern Alaska. As a kid (in the lower 48) I had seen them faintly from time to time and they just looked like stationary colored clouds, but seeing them full-on in AK was an awe inspiring experience. They way they shifted and danced around was pretty startling at first (bordering on fear almost, until I realized what I was seeing).

ETA...you've indicated your son is very observant. If he had ever been exposed to the Aurora Borealis this would likely be something he would definitely notice, and definitely remember. Humans are funny creatures, we fear what we don't understand. Perhaps teaching your son about the wonders of the Northern Lights might change his fear into enchantment.

edit on 12/6/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
um dont go camping?
ask him what age he was?

put a night light in his room.
the music is a good idea.
put one drop of lavender oil on some thing in the room.
it is calming and healing.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I could see how a blue car, trailer or truck falling from the sky during a tornado might look like a big blue footprint.

You might want to check the weather forecast before you go camping.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My son has Asperger's, and even though it's on the milder side of ASD, throughout his 13 years of living, he has said some pretty--interesting--things throughout his life.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, at all. When my son creepily peeked around the corner of an aisle in the grocery store from about 50 feet away and loudly whispered, "I can smell your insides," I just shrugged it off, and now it has become a running joke over the years. He does, however, have a pretty damn good sense of smell, so who knows.

But I wouldn't let it freak you out too much--children with Autism have a brain that works uniquely in their own ways, and what may weird you out or not make any sense could be wholly logical to them and be a very benign comment.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

when i was a child i used to have the same bad dream regularly , i was stood on a vast ball and in the distance another vast ball was rolling towards me , as i ran to the side so as to avoid the ball as it came closer to me , the surface of the ball in contact with the ball that i was on got bigger and bigger so that i could not avoid it . i don't remember what happened next

and it was around 60 years ago . What i am saying is the your child will out grow these dreams in time just like i did .

i have thought about this dream and the only conclusion that i can think of is that this was a primal memory of some thing that i witnessed in a past life .

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WishIhadknown
a reply to: flice

Thank you! I see what you mean.

Stop going camping. that solves the problem.

Oh and let him try to solve some of those unsolvable equations. a savant might break/solve them.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Love him for himself and don't take everything he says as literal truth. Why do you look on his dreams as actualities? they may just be dreams. As for the counting bit that can be hit or miss but you look on and only notice the hits.
Example:- we had an autistic man in our darts league and everybody used to let him do the scoring (ie subtracting the scores from 501 down more quickly than anyone else) and even bragged about his ability to do it. No-one ever questioned this ability till one night it was discovered he made numerous mistakes but because he was right the majority of the time people thought he was right all of the time.
Just because children are autistic or savant does not make them seers or prophets but everything the do or say has to be reasoned out. Not just taken at face value.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Only thing that comes to mind from whirlwind and blue is the Norway Spiral. I think some autistic kids may have some kind of connection/link beyond normal perception? Interesting either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join