It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS owners, mods or members been approached to edit, alter or censore content?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
With all the talk about fake stories in the media and conspiracy websites being targeted. I have one simple question. This question is not only for owners of ATS but staff, mods and members.

Has ANYONE who is a member here at ATS been contacted in an effort to sway, alter, or other wise censor or scrub subject or threads produced by members??

I have attached links of the attempt by some to censure content as an example.....

LA Times

NYT

The Gurdian

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
With all the talk about fake stories in the media and conspiracy websites being targeted. I have one simple question. This question is not only for owners of ATS but staff, mods and members.

Has ANYONE who is a member here at ATS been contacted in an effort to sway, alter, or other wise censor or scrub subject or threads produced by members??

I have attached links of the attempt by some to censure content as an example.....

LA Times

NYT

The Gurdian

Are you serious? Shoot the aviation forum alone.....*walks off shaking head*

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

LMAO How can I not be serious?? Let's see if the fake news peeps or shills step up? I would imagine ATS owners and people who pay for adds could easily shed some light on if there is a movement to stop so called FAKE NEWS or is this just a story to attack what ever news doesn't go with certain agendas?

I think it's a valid question.

edit on 5-12-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

yeah i know. its a great question,but id say yes they had to over the years. Especially some removals of top secret pictures.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They just kick it to the trash bin or hoax bin. And usually it's an individual.
It is NOT a policy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
They just kick it to the trash bin or hoax bin. And usually it's an individual.
It is NOT a policy.

So everything in the HOAX or trash bin are the real stories that have been covered up?? That would actually be too funny...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wonder if the pizza shop man with the gun was a member. That would be eerie.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know one topic-thread here that was heavily censored by request from an outside source.

I won't link it, but it was a few years ago and was politically motivated.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I'm sure there have been many past nut jobs that were members of conspiracy websites, fringe forums and news sources. Yes even some were probably even members of our beloved ATS...

You will never be able to stop crazy people from well.....being crazy.

My question is does that mean places like this should be censored and have members or ATS themselves been approached to censor certain subjects?? I'm totally serious lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How did you find out that bit of info?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I know one topic-thread here that was heavily censored by request from an outside source.

I won't link it, but it was a few years ago and was politically motivated.

You should PM me...I'm not aware of that one.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I would hope no censorship but that's the decision of the owners. We know there is some here but maybe not the reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No conspiracy sites are without a fake news or two, ATS is not an exception! But adding to this.. the ATS is the owners home, his rules!
edit on 5-12-2016 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Those meat-heads who think they know whats right and how to go about daily business forget we have minds capable of deciphering things on our own.
Puzzles are only puzzles until all the pieces fit?

Why defend with name-calling fit for a Freudian slip?
Fake news has been outed, plain and simple.

Those who are brave enough in the face of adversity will admit their faults.
If they were worthy of forgiveness, they'd ask for it?

Until then it's the same song and dance, my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Accusations against ATS or it's members (calling members shills) are not acceptable and never have been, since way before the hot-button issue of "fake news".

This thread is closed, pending further input by Owner/Admin, should they so choose.

Please see related response by ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/6/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join