It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Terrorist Rap Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Go, go, go, go go Al Jamma. Yes, the Anti-Terrorist Rap Culture. Not too far away in Iraq and Iran.

Today, the younger generations are upset. They deserve more than they have. They deserve the support from Europe and the rest of the Middle East, which currently, has been quite lacking.

The Eminem and Fifty Cent of Iraq and Iran is in the making. These upcomming stars in Iraq and Iran will inspire the younger generations. They will influence the young to think its cool to disrepect and badmouth Terrorists.

Television stations in Iraq, similar to MTV will sprout up and saturate the young with Advertisments and shows that suggest what the average 16 to 25 year old should be like. It will show shows similar to Laguna Beach, Boiling Point, My sweet 16, etc...

People like 50 Cent, who has lived through multiple gun attacks will lead the anti-terrorist pop culture. This will give confidence and inspiration to the many.

There will be shows where kids who were told they must strap a bomb to themselves talk about their life and how they stood up against family pressure.

And over time, no one will want to be a terrorist. Being a terrorist would be synomymous to being a loser in America.

On a side note, Eminem, if you are looking for a life changing oppurtunity, I'd suggest taking a talented musician in Iraq under your wings.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
haha...interesting view point.

Although, you may be somewhat correct. Media is a heavy influence to many, and I would not be suprised if a US-led station popped up filling Iraqi airwaves with influences similar to this.

-wD

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No, It cant be done by the U.S. government. It should be done by Iraqis.

It should be done by the people within Iraq who want to live their life. Who care about their children and despise terrorists killing their babies and wives.

Don't forget, Iraq was a pretty secular country when Saddam was in power. I think this secular Iraq has a lot of potential.

Upcomming businessmen and women need to think about ways to spruce up their neighborhood. One way would be my building clubs near schools.

So you ask yourself, what happens if a terrorist suicide bombs a club? The kids in school get pissed off at these terrorists. They get more inspired to do what they can in school, socializing with the future leaders and workforce of Iraq to let them know its not cool to do what suicide bombers do.

What else can be done?

Muslim retreats where men and women discover their spiritual side with one another. They do icebreakers to know each other better. They are given a problem and they have to find a solution. They are taught about problems in society and how resilient people bounce back. At the end, there could be a dance for them to have fun.

Those are just some ideas.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Check this out. Go here: www.euphrates.ca...

Click on the Audio and Video section and skim through the music.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RPVillanova
No, It cant be done by the U.S. government. It should be done by Iraqis.

It should be done by the people within Iraq who want to live their life. Who care about their children and despise terrorists killing their babies and wives.

Don't forget, Iraq was a pretty secular country when Saddam was in power. I think this secular Iraq has a lot of potential.

Upcomming businessmen and women need to think about ways to spruce up their neighborhood. One way would be my building clubs near schools.

So you ask yourself, what happens if a terrorist suicide bombs a club? The kids in school get pissed off at these terrorists. They get more inspired to do what they can in school, socializing with the future leaders and workforce of Iraq to let them know its not cool to do what suicide bombers do.

What else can be done?

Muslim retreats where men and women discover their spiritual side with one another. They do icebreakers to know each other better. They are given a problem and they have to find a solution. They are taught about problems in society and how resilient people bounce back. At the end, there could be a dance for them to have fun.

Those are just some ideas.

ok, so you're talking about it coming about HONESTLY, as in, a needed part of society suddenly springing up when and where it is needed. sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

ok, so you're talking about it coming about HONESTLY, as in, a needed part of society suddenly springing up when and where it is needed. sounds good to me.

exactly, this culture is needed. The whole point of rap is to get your message across to multiple people. There are a lot of people in Iraq who had enough of the bombing. These people need some sort of medium besides a news station to share their common feelings.

What is a better medium for teenagers than music? A teenager, in my opinion, would rather listen to music than hear about an old guy talk about standing up to terrorism. Because when someone around their age comes out and speaks up against terrorism, they say to themselves, "Wait a minute, this guy thinks the same way I do. I guess it is okay to think the way I do!."

Freedom of speech at its greatest.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Don't Follow the Infidels

Iraq and Iran, Palestine
You gotta take whats yours and mine
The freedom in which you were given at birth
Denied by Saddam, Al Zarqawi and Osama

Stand up and fight for your right to live
You only got one chance to make it great for your family
Show Allah that you are manly
Don't give your life away, stay
Make a difference today and stand up and fight
The traitors to islam, the true infidels
Follows like sheep to Al Zarqawi and Osama

You might as well be aborted before your birth when you come to this earth if you're gonna follow the infidels.

Anyone who is blowing up our brothers, sending them to hospitals because we want to vote, they got a lot of nerve to do what they do.

And we will stand up and fight them and make the whole world see,
How truly free we can be when we fight the infidels.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by RPVillanova]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yes, let's exchange one form of terrorism with another form of terrorism. What will you really exchange? Artists like Eminem and 50 Cent promote things like violence, sex and drugs. In the Middle-East, they don't promote sex and drugs as much as they do in the United States of America.

Is that what you want? The youth speaking up against terrorism, and while doing that, to rape young women, kill eachother and take drugs. Sure, it is a good way to destroy a country, slowly. Inspire.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yay...lets rape Iraqi culture with rap. That way, after they use it as a weapon against terrorists, they can begin to rap about babies' mommas and drugs and busting caps with ak-47s.... hopefully it won't come to that.
Someone said the point of rap was getting your point across? Please, show me where I can find some of that in American rap? And by point, I mean something half intelligent.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
In old rap, you can. In new, you probably won't. Though, Eminem has written anti-Bush propaganda. Also done a great video. That's about what you might find today.

top topics

join