It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MDMA approved for final trials to treat PTSD before possible legalization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

My apologies. I'm a touch headstrong at times. What I meant to say is that the names of those plants indicate a locale. My interjection was meant to note the chemicals were widely available in most civilizations.
edit on 2-12-2016 by mnemonicmania because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well no #. Not sure that's a road we should head down though. Not with all the depressed little snowflakes in society. Make 'em cope, not offer an MDMA crutch

It might actually be really healthy for society if all the snowflakes did some MDMA therapy and stepped back from all their rageful campaigns.
What needs to happen is all around the nation groups of 50% Trump supporters and 50% Clinton supporters assembled and all did MDMA therapy together. By the end of these meetings there would be no more animosity.

edit on 2-12-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I wouldn't give in to Mystic's rhetorical thoughts. Methinks such a mystic might have qualifications on what determines a horror.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It will probably have a an yearly price tag on it which is higher than what many people make in the year. Of course the government will be paying for all the soldiers meds and that money is paid by taxpayers. The drug on the street will be less than ten percent of the cost.

The costs are crazy.. In the UK Sativax.. A sativa cannabis spray costs about 70000 pounds a year.. for a plant that grows naturally!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

This sounds exactly like a therapy I was just reading about last week, though I can't remember if that's what they called it. It was similar to the eye movement during REM sleep and what I read claimed incredible results.

An interesting twist was another researcher's findings that with a slight modification of the technique those undergoing the therapy experienced what they believed to be actual visitations from deceased loved ones. They all reported that it was very liberating and life changing. I don't know, that's what the author claimed anyway...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Are You referring to 'Ayahuasca' ? That can be typed here at ATS™ .. It is legal here and now You don't have to travel to The Amazon to test it out. There is a retreat in Orlando. In the included links You'll see that Ayahuasca is VERY effective so You better hurry before the FDA™ makes it like Kratom and Cannabis...

reset.me...

www.bluemorphotours.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I tried to word my statement carefully to avoid passing a message that I could not prove. I have been having trouble getting enough sleep recently, so I have not been at my mental best- please forgive me for not taking more time with my post.

I should have said that there have been quite a few first person anecdotal reports that this Amazonian medicinal brew has been very effective at helping to treat (not cure) addiction (along with a number of other ailments). I am not aware of any proof made by clinical trials or scientific research. It might be that the spiritual/ceremonial aspect of this particular "treatment" may be the underlying catalyst for the beneficial effects that have been reported (and to some extent, recorded- see below).

The point I was trying to make was more about the 360 degree change that our cultures sometimes make when new information (and truth) affects our viewpoints regarding taboo/demonized molecules.

Can Ayahuasca be used as an Effective Addiction Treatment? Anecdotal and observational research, which can at best be described as preliminary, has suggested ayahuasca-assisted therapy could have positive effects in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. However, claims that ayahuasca can be used to cure drug addiction should be taken cautiously. In two Brazilian churches small studies have documented improvements among members who were substance dependent. The addicted individuals who participated in the studies self-reported that taking part in the churches’ rituals had a direct effect on their recovery. However, these studies include only subjects who are committed members of their respective religious communities, so it remains unclear whether being a part of a spiritual community or taking ayahuasca itself contributed to fewer reported substance abuse problems. Another preliminary study found that participants in a four day ayahuasca-assisted therapeutic retreat sustained improvements in the severity of substance abuse problems and showed an increase in quality of life at a six month follow up. Again, there was no control group in this study which makes it impossible to determine whether the psychoactive tea itself or simply being a part of a spiritual retreat contributed to the noted improvements. Documentation of complete abstinence and full long-term addiction recovery after using the drug is rare and limited to single-person testimonials. The lack of solid scientific evidence has not stopped people from claiming therapeutic benefits and attempting to use ayahuasca rituals as addiction treatment. However, there are significant physiological and psychological risks involved in taking this route.
SOURCE

Some of the same doctors and researchers who have, in recent years, gotten approval from the Food & Drug Administration for breakthrough studies involving MDMA and psilocybin mushrooms now are turning their attention to ayahuasca. Preliminary work suggests the brew could help treat depression, chronic addiction and fear of mortality. People with less-defined diagnoses but a hunger for something missing say that ayahuasca offers something ineffable: compassion, connectedness, spirituality. "Ayahuasca is penetrating American society, and its highly successful people, way more than any other psychedelic," says Rick Doblin, founder and president of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a nonprofit research association based in Santa Cruz. "The number of people who have had incredible experiences with ayahuasca, if they could all surface in the public sphere at the same time, it would be absolutely astonishing."
SOURCE

edit on 1222016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Wow! That is awesome. I saw a thread the other day about psilocybin in mushrooms and its benefits. Medical marijuana apparently opened the door for these other drugs to be better explored. It's about time.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: rickymouse
It will probably have a an yearly price tag on it which is higher than what many people make in the year. Of course the government will be paying for all the soldiers meds and that money is paid by taxpayers. The drug on the street will be less than ten percent of the cost.

The costs are crazy.. In the UK Sativax.. A sativa cannabis spray costs about 70000 pounds a year.. for a plant that grows naturally!

There is something rotten in Denmark. Is there a Denmark in the UK? Maybe you guys don't know that phrase much over there, it used to be common here in this part of the country years ago.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So Mary Jane IS a gateway drug! LOL

No, I think this has been slowly growing. There was a CNN (I know, I know, *SMH*) story about ayahuasca and before that about a guy with migraines dosing himself with shrooms on 60 Minutes (I think). That is over the last two years. Strange that there are two stories over two weeks over these two substances...

Maybe I can do away with my tinfoil hat and take a step outside my bedroom door! Or maybe the whole disclosure is gong to happen and there will be a lot of depressed and anxiety twisted people that will be given "new" drugs. Maybe I need that tinfoil hat after all.

Anyway, that these once taboo substances are being considered to actually help people is always welcome news! There are too many people out there suffering and nothing being done about it.

Thanks OP!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The right dose of MDMA for your weight, coupled with some some regression therapy has a remarkable effect on traumatised individuals.
After a course of MDMA therapy, the sufferer starts subconsciously associating his traumatic experiences with a "nice" feeling rather than terror, and our amazing brain does the rest. It's straight up science. It works.
The come down is minimal due to correct dosage, setting and the amazing purity of the pharmaceutical grade Molly. (....drool...) and has little bearing on the outcome of the therapy. Yes, serotonin can be depleted after taking MDMA but this is easily monitored and counteracted.
Damn... This conversation has got me wanting to "feel the love"

edit on 3/12/16 by homerJ because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join