It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House and Pentagon Now Support Registering Women For Military Draft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree 100%....but women are not men. They are physically weaker, have less stamina, and leave the seat down.

Women are instinctively nurturers, while men are instinctively protectors. An interesting dynamic on the front line.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is a draft now or will be?

Bring back the white feather and Rosie the Riveter instead!

Women should register if need be, they should not be in combat tho, imo.

Unless of course they have their own brigades.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Still like Israel's idea to train every single person 18 and over...2 years, youre trained and out and can be called on in a minute.

That would be a great idea here in America...and no draft....just everyone is trained 2 yrs..go off to college whatever...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

I totally agree Maam/Miss! But as far as some not suited for it? In my emergency response team..we dont care what you CANT do!

Can you take notes? Pass out directions? Order supplies? Drive? Answer phones? Everyone can do something based on their abilities...even the disabled.

Thanks

MS

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Agreed. Thank you Echos....

Best, MS

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
nobody should be drafted or sent anywhere to shoot at anybody, unless a declaration of war has been voted on and passed by congress.

people went to war over taxation without representation, that was nothing compared to being drafted and sent to die without representation.

shouldn`t our representatives in congress have the final say in whether their constituents are drafted and sent to die?
if our representatives vote to send us off to die at least we have a recourse,in the next election we can vote them out of office.
The way it is now,when the decision is being made to fight or not we the people have no representation at that meeting to protect our right to life.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

If thats how you take it...that whats interesting. Draft? NO. Mandatory so everyone in this country is trained! Even you...so you can keep your freedom...

1,000%

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And those that don't want to be 'called on in a minute'? Are they just forced to do it? Doesn't sound like freedom to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You know what would be really symbolic?

Abolishing the draft.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So the answer is yes, you're anti-freedom. You want to force things upon people they may, or more importantly do not want.

If you don't like freedom so much, why live in a free country?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Furthermore, can you name a war in the last...let's say 50 years, that had anything tangible to do with OUR freedom in THIS country?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
White House and Pentagon Now Support Registering Women For Military Draft

Equal rights, equal responsibility!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Wow are you messed up...sorry...youre not getting it...I work for your freedom and safety every day. You? Thats ok....

MS
Emergency Response Team/EMT
1st Responder
edit on 2-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What? You don't work for my freedom at all. My freedom was won when we became a nation. I'm also not the one who us saying people should be forced into military service, so you calling me "messed up" is laughable.

Notice you didn't answer the questions. Very telling. You won't answer them because you know the answers won't back your position. Nice ad-hom/deflection though. Can't argue the issue? ATTACK! Lol. Typical tactic of one who can't back their position.

I would love to know, after you answer my questions, how exactly you think you work for my freedoms. I could use a chuckle, or two.

You're the one not getting it. In this country, we have freedom (or at least the illusion of) you want to take that away. Thus, you are anti-freedom.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I am looking into ERTs in my area, and I thank you for the kick in the pants

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Respectfully? Incorrect and misguided. Perhaps your experience, suppositions, interpretations and impressions...including your mis-understanding of the issue, prevents you from comprehending my replies and explanation, so it's pointless to argue with you, and I wont. Thats ok....

If you and/or your family need to call 911 for emergency medical, police, fire or rescue...give us your address so I won't come. I guess that would allow you your freedom to take care of you and yours without help. You have that right with our freedoms.

America is a great country. Good luck to you.

Mysterioustranger
1st Responder, EMT/ERT, Advanced Disaster Life Support
I.S.C./Incident Command
FEMA/ Dept. of Homeland Security,
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI, U.S.A.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

Great!

Community involvement is a great thing and should be supported by our communities. There are many programs and Emergency Response Teams needing citizen involvement of every age. Or one can choose it as a career.

Trying to explain the need for EVERYONE to have this training...perhaps even by mandatory service by everyone age 18...fell on deaf ears here to another member.

Glad you get it. Thanks...and good luck. Should you need any info...U2U me. Best..MS

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you for your time in service. One of the greatest regrets of my life is that I didn't do military service.

One of the reasons I didn't serve is because we use war too much, for things that don't warrant it. I agree with you.

I may be wrong, and only time will tell, but I submit that if everyone were required to serve, including the Legislator's and President's kids, that would make more people put more thought into what wars are worth fighting.

With the bonus that those who serve would have a better idea of what to do in an emergency, and what actually constitutes an emergency in the first place.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No to draft, period.

Did Vietnam teach us nothing? At all? Stupid politicians.

<< 1   >>

join