It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready for the Trump Jobs Rally--What would we See If Trump Lost????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Trump effect, National Federation of Independent Business said that the owners of small firms are preparing for a brighter future. The survey said that firms plan to add jobs are up 5 points since October, this is the highest number since the recovery began. Also the number of firms that plannedon reducing jobs is down by 1 point, this is real good news.

Wonder if Hillary was elected if we would see the same news.

The National Federation of Independent Business monthly employment survey for November will show that owners of small firms are preparing for a better future. “A seasonally adjusted net 15 percent plan to create new jobs, up 5 points from October and the strongest reading in the recovery,” NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg tells us. “Not seasonally adjusted, 17 percent plan to increase employment at their firm (up 3 points), and 9 percent plan reductions (down 1 point),” he adds.
www.wsj.com...
edit on 1-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is optimism. Companies will begin to invest and hire instead of hording cash because they are starting to believe Trump will get the regulatory boot off their necks. The one thing companies and investors don't like is uncertainty. With Obama, there was always uncertainty... what regulations are coming down the pike? How much more are we going to pay in taxes? What other costs are going to increase because of government?

With Trump, businesses are probably feeling like they the future is brighter and government will be getting out of the way.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
LLCs and small business should get the same tax rates as the corporations. Set a flat tax rate on profit of 10% if they file a profitable schedule K greater or equal to the median wage. It's not that hard to come up with something people cannot abuse with unintended consequences. Maybe my rule isn't quite right but I have no doubt the rules can be setup so they are not abused.

Small business owners paying the highest personal tax rates is not helping small businesses grow.

I read somewhere the most large corporations pay zero taxes with all the loop holes and tax breaks they get through lobbyists.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Companies never wanted to move. It's the corp tax and regulations that forced them to do it.

Lowering their taxes is a great thing if they agree to stay. Jobs stay, workers earn, workers spend, spending generates tax revenue. When the jobs leave we get nothing but more social welfare.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I think that the cheap labor has something to do with them moving.

Ford said they were moving to mexico to be more profitable, I'm sure lobar costs was a major reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The economy will grow more in 4 years of trump than it did in 8 years of Obama.

Liberals don`t seem to understand that you can`t force a company to do business in America,in a free maket capitalist economy companies can move to wherever they want.punative taxes and regulations won`t work and have never worked to keep companies in America and keep companies growing.

you can`t use the carrot and stick method you have to use just a carrot,you have to make doing business in America an attractive proposition,and trump will do that.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Tell Carrier that they can move anywhere. How about a 35% tariff, wow they are staying.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Trump effect, National Federation of Independent Business said that the owners of small firms are preparing for a brighter future. The survey said that firms plan to add jobs are up 5 points since October, this is the highest number since the recovery began. Also the number of firms that plannedon reducing jobs is down by 1 point, this is real good news.

Wonder if Hillary was elected if we would see the same news.

The National Federation of Independent Business monthly employment survey for November will show that owners of small firms are preparing for a better future. “A seasonally adjusted net 15 percent plan to create new jobs, up 5 points from October and the strongest reading in the recovery,” NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg tells us. “Not seasonally adjusted, 17 percent plan to increase employment at their firm (up 3 points), and 9 percent plan reductions (down 1 point),” he adds.
www.wsj.com...

He Won, cut the comedy. Talking about it won't make it happen, and believe me, it won't.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is why there should be a law passed to guarantee tariffs on any American company moving to another country to ship their goods back. Penalize. Once trade deals are renegotiated this should be part of it.

On another note, I believe for every robot that replaces a worker companies should receive some penalty that would make it more profitable to keep human employees. I'm not sure how it would work out but we have to find every opportunity to put people to work. We have a major job shortage on our hands and should be considered a national security threat.
Starting a national construction campaign is a great idea but with all booms come busts. We have to also think for the long term. Big problems but so far so good.
I can't remember or ever heard of a pres-elect having such a positive effect. The guy hasn't even been sworn in yet.
So far war with Russia seems like it's on the back burner, Carrier is going to keep jobs here and companies are looking to expand. This is what we need.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Obama's message was "the jobs are gone, get over it." I doubt she would have done much but send more jobs elsewhere, increase dependence on federal handouts while simultaneously widening their reach.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I think we would have had plenty of work, with the draft and all. Russia ain't going to fight it's self.

new topics

top topics

join