It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you fear death?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I do not fear dying.

I fear doing it quietly.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Do I fear death? No, I can't wait. Oh, I won't do anything to help it happen sooner, no worries there, but when my time comes,.... I AM OUTTA HERE.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i only fear a painful amount of time leading up to death, death itself though is a sweet release. whats scary is my heart stopped for over 5 minutes once and during that time i had an experience that made death seem abit scary. not in the sense most people would think of but in the fact that were born back into suffering to do it all over again time and time again and time is not linear in death. left me with the feeling of being punished and all i wanted was for it to end.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Im going through death right now with my mother. The nurse has given her less than 48 hrs. She has been very afraid of dying. She is home with me and its been hard to watch. I am very grateful for the medication at this point. She is very peaceful and if she didnt have the drugs she would be scared out of her mind.

She is a Jehovah Witness so she doesnt believe she will just transition from this life to an after life. Im very grateful that I have a different belief system, but I think until we are confronted by death, its hard to know if we will fear it or not.

I'm so sorry for what you and your mother are experiencing. It is hard to watch and participate in, the entire thing is heart wrenching.

I cared for my mother in the end also. I can only hope that the morphine and xanax helped some although she was so out of it consciously that I'll never be sure. She fought death, physically, at the end. It was not a beautiful scene that is often portrayed in film, it was terrifying. It must have been horrific for her, as she essentially drowned. I suppose all of the hospice advice and family memories of so and so having been with their mother at their time of death couldn't have possibly prepared me, as everyone's situation is different. I am still rattled to my core to this day.

I wish for you endless strength as you will need it and it can be found in the deepest part of you that you didn't even know existed. I hope for some sort of peace to come eventually and for you to know that to be with someone at that very moment they leave this physical world is a moment, I believe, that will change you forever. We must simply adapt to the changes. It's a process that will come, to all of us and there is strength in knowing that the physical pain will end eventually for them.

I keep close the memories of those days, every time her eyes opened, every murmur, every squeeze of her hand, every nuance of expression...always trying to find her in there and hoping I brought her some comfort.

To the OP: I fear the struggle of death, the fight. I fear what that will do to those around me, if there is anyone with me at the end, so I would prefer it quick or me to be alone. I fear being horribly helpless and death toying with me and not taking me quickly, the suffering.

I don't fear what comes after the heart stops beating. I don't fear the 'afterlife' or whatever one chooses to call it or not. I believe we carry on, to where or in what form? I have no idea but, it's what I choose to believe.
edit on 1-12-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
yes, i hope

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seeing as how I have ALS & my time is very limited....death is death. In my humble opinion there are two types of deaths. The expected death. As in the earlier poster being with his mom ( I was in same position with my own mom), he knows she's gonna die, she knows she's gonna die...in a way both have time to prepare for that event.

The unexpected death....the one to where you get that phone call that your beloved one has passed...via car accident, heart attack etc etc etc.. In this type of death no one has time to prepare for finality of death. In my opinion this is far more devastating for the ones left living than the expected death is.

Then the third type of death in which a loved one has to make that decision to cut off the machines & let the person go.This in my opinion is by far the worse death possible. Especially for the ones making that decision. I'm not afraid of death. I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid for my family and the pain my death will bring.....in a way I feel ashamed that I'm gonna do that to all these people that love me, I can't prevent it & that's what bothers me the most.

It bothers me that my granddaughter is gonna lose her Pa Pa at about 8 years old. I feel guilty for the pain I'm gonna cause her. I love that child so much.
edit on 1-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I've been think about the light being a trap for some reason I hope I'm wronga reply to: droid56

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nope don't fear death, i would like to know what's next for me, if anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm sure I will when that time comes, but right now, I actually look forward to death. Earth was never meant to be seen as our final destination.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of death, not one bit.

What does scare me is the process of dying. Hopefully it's either quick and painless or I pass away during my sleep. Do not want to be sick for a long time, and feel like hell every day. I've already gone through that once, can not do it again.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I Got Injected With A Sedative Once... But Without Being Told.
Suddenly I Thought (implanted?) I Got Euthanized. So... I Thought It Was My Last Day.
I Thought It To Be A Pleasant Death And Rolled Over On My Bed To Die.
I Woke The Next And Became Super Pissed!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Death no, not at all.

I fear Living more than Dying.

Or waking up in a Coffin.

Or being trapped in Coma.

Or suddenly finding out it didn't work as planned.

Or... _ _ _ _ _T

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Will somebody please shoot me now to end this misery! I've been doing nothing for the past few days but binge watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix... and... 2 Broke Girls... and... and Everwood... please somebody shoot me now... or at least punch me in the face!

Uh... if you dig Dostoevsky, suffering is the fun part... death the release, no biggie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join