It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Covenant, May 19th 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The sequel to Prometheus and prequel to Alien, served by Ridley Scott. May cant come soon enough.

If anyone has forgotten about Prometheus, heres a recap made by yours truly:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Finally, lets just hope the " Hallywuud " writers writes a decent script, seems to be lacking creativity.. Usually happens when nepotism, shows its ugly face...

People who believe they are smart cause they know a thing or two, but are more f## up than anyone else..
Havent seen a good hollywood movie since the 80s maybe early 90s..

i hope this is a good movie

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

To be honest, I'm in 2 minds about Alien Covenant.

I loved all the Alien films. I doubt there will be anything better.

BUT, Prometheus was a major let down for me. It lacked any real substance. It didn't draw me in and have me on the edge of my seat. It was kind of a feeling of "been there, seen that".

Saying that, I'm very likely going to watch the new one lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Good find, Jungian! I can't wait either, if the ensemble
is anything like the caliber of Prometheus. Hope Rapace
is in this one too, Noomi is nummy. Talented, too.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Good find, Jungian! I can't wait either, if the ensemble
is anything like the caliber of Prometheus. Hope Rapace
is in this one too, Noomi is nummy. Talented, too.

Fassbender is said to reprise his role yes, and Noomi will be back in a scene or two. For this movie, Im NOT gonna watch the trailer. As I did with Prometheus. The intro to Prometheus is still something of the most surprising and awesome scenes Ive ever seen at the cinema. Everyone was expecting facehuggers and xenomorphs but Ridley made his own 2001 instead as a backstory.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I loved Prometheus in theaters and was the very first movie I pre-ordered through Vudu. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and have been patiently waiting for this sequel. Thanks for the heads up !

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's a horror movie. Not sure why people get so bent out of shape about it and expect it to be this ground breaking sci-fi drama. It's not that movie. Just enjoy it for what it is. Very groundbreaking horror scenes in the first one. It's fun entertainment.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Of course, to most in the audience, any movie is just solely there for entertainment. Alien 1 is a good example of horror, and Aliens the perfect sci-fi action horror and sequel. Theres no room for debate there for how awesome those movies are. But as far as discussions have gone, it was always about the beautiful beast created by HR Giger (It was created years prior to the movie I'll add), and both movies had really good characters. Aliens is probably the movie I still quote the most. Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Burke, etc. So many good characters. But the story was the same: Expendable humans for the sake of the xenomorph. This echoes through the entire franchise.

But then came Prometheus, which spawned a bunch of discussions, just not for the hardcore franchise fans who expected facehuggers and the usual stuff the prior Alien movies had before it. Human origins, and 'facing our makers' wasnt exactly something anyone was prepared for. Instead they dicussed how stupid the scientific humans were. Dont they really know that Weyland hired these "stupid" people for a reason?

Fact is, theres a lot of silly decisions made by the humans in the entire franchise.

Alien Covenant however will be more of a direct link to Alien. But still will carry some DNA from Prometheus.
Scott was bold for going that route in my opinion, and while some of the writing in Prometheus wasnt up to par at times, its ideas and concepts and visuals was really something intruiging.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

They made comics about the engineers didn't they?

I've never read them but I've watched all the related movies such as Predator and Alien etc. It's a fascinating franchise.

Prometheus was a must to be produced. It basically is the keystone of the whole franchise, without it the next generation of movie watchers would be left wondering what the hell its all about.

I'm hoping for some Predator references, I don't feel I know enough about them.

Looking forward to this movie.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

They made comics about the engineers didn't they?

I've never read them but I've watched all the related movies such as Predator and Alien etc. It's a fascinating franchise.

Prometheus was a must to be produced. It basically is the keystone of the whole franchise, without it the next generation of movie watchers would be left wondering what the hell its all about.

I'm hoping for some Predator references, I don't feel I know enough about them.

Looking forward to this movie.

Aliens vs Predator are pure popcorn movies, like Jason vs Freddy. They are not canon to the franchise. Their origins are not related. Those movies were pure entertainment based on some comics that played with the idea. Hell, theres even been a Batman vs Predator comic. I'd watch that.
A new Predator movie is coming though, directed by Shane Black, the guy with the pussy jokes in Predator 1

edit on 1-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hope they make it 2 to 3 hours long. All of these 1 hour 40 minute movies bull# is just pissing me off lately.
It's so much work to make a bunch of episodes, yet cinema movie are just a single lazy episode and even then they screw up the script or casting.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IVANV
I hope they make it 2 to 3 hours long. All of these 1 hour 40 minute movies bull# is just pissing me off lately.
It's so much work to make a bunch of episodes, yet cinema movie are just a single lazy episode and even then they screw up the script or casting.

Probably will be 2 hours. And if Ridley Scott is supercool, he will release a directors cut adding an extra hour.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I've been a big fan of the Alien movies and in turn H.R. Giger for a long, long time ever since I was young and found all the original 3 on video at a secondhand store. I will agree with what some other members have said, Prometheus wasn't quite right, but all in all I enjoyed it. The way it expanded on the history behind the Space Jockeys was done well and it is one of the more faithful prequels in the movie biz imo. The Engineer/"pilot" and beacon was so striking in Alien and was always a mystery to me, so I was pleased to see it make a come back.

Another thing, David/Michael Fassbender was brilliant in his role.
Very much looking forward to May!
edit on 1/12/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought

I've been a big fan of the Alien movies and in turn H.R. Giger for a long, long time ever since I was young and found all the original 3 on video at a secondhand store. I will agree with what some other members have said, Prometheus wasn't quite right, but all in all I enjoyed it. The way it expanded on the history behind the Space Jockeys was done well and it is one of the more faithful prequels in the movie biz imo. The Engineer/"pilot" and beacon was so striking in Alien and was always a mystery to me, so I was pleased to see it make a come back.

Another thing, David/Michael Fassbender was brilliant in his role.
Very much looking forward to May!

Fassbender was simply amazing in Prometheus. Outstanding performance, definitely my favorite Fassbender role so far. Should have gotten an Oscar nod ffs. And totally agreed on your other points. Fascinated by Giger in an early age. I wish they could remake Darkseed.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My reply may have *Spoilers*.
Danger

I like when the scientists learned that the vessel may have been a bio weapons thing headed to Earth. Or at least that was one of their working theories if I recall. Instantly I imagined, what if they were doing this because they NEEDED bio weapons to fight a war they may have been having with the predators. And if they did a movie that tied that in, they could hopefully throw an Easter egg reference to the end scene of AvP2 where he is presenting that predator tech to some empress of royalty lady. Maybe that was a deleted scene? cant find it on youtube and I don't have it no more .

Sure would be a nice throwback to the video games. Which I must say were pretty damn badass.

top topics

join