It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Popular Vote is a Forced Meme

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd like to share some insight and data I've been gathering since mid-November. CNN continues to be one of the largest culprits of supplying narratives to corrupt the opinions of any individuals they can. It seems they also love to push this popular vote meme even to email inboxes. I've been following their data on their results page and recording the changes of numbers day by day. It's astonishing to watch what is happening.

I like to filter their view to the popular vote, and then the 'all states' breakdown below the total counts. I've recorded each state's submission percentage as well as the total overall vote counts. Back on November 16th, CNN reports Clinton with a spread of +947,333 votes and today they report a spread of +2,302,743 votes.

No state has had any tally increased except for: California. California has gone from being 79% in to 84% in and no other state has moved a percent. There are several states that are still under a 90% recording rate...

So based on the data they present their viewers, what I am seeing is that counts are only purposely going up from California to continue to make it look like the popular vote is so contradictory to what the election should be if "we were a Democracy." It seems that by only counting a single, very left-leaning state they are able to craft this narrative and push it towards unknowing audiences who trust the media to deliver their education for the day.

Who would even be talking about this, and making it such a big deal, if the media were not pushing this meme down our throats? The United States has functioned the same way since the Continental Congress. And yet here we are, talking about pure democracy in a republic. Walking down the streets listening to strangers gossip that Trump has lost on the popular level, which is only crafted to create more disdain to a man who is still smoking from hits from the character assassination cannons.

I thought that once Trump won the election that people would be able to see past all of the lies that were used during the election process. Sadly it seems more lies will be placed on top of the dead ones and the process will go on and on until it will be impossible to dig our way to anything resembling reality. We will need to prepare for more forced narratives in the future. (But this is nothing new for us, right?)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

I've nothing really to add to this other than...

((((APPLAUSE))))

Well spoken, sir.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Indeed! Hear hear!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pretty soon California will be at a hundred percent rate for Hillary.

I can't understand those people from California, do they really think they have way more rights than other states. This time the Republicans won, next time the Democrats will win unless they keep up this insane political stuff they are doing. If they keep it up next time they may just as well not even have a candidate, nobody will want to associate with crazy people.

Maybe our government should take a good look at what they are eating or smoking in California that is causing so much obsession in some of their people.
edit on 30-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's like in Venezuela, the elections that Chavez lost were reported having like a 0.5% margin, but it was never published the final tally.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I can't understand those people from California, do they really think they have way more rights than other states. This time the Republicans won, next time the Democrats will win unless they keep up this insane political stuff they are doing. If they keep it up next time they may just as well not even have a candidate, nobody will want to associate with crazy people.

Maybe our government should take a good look at what they are eating or smoking in California that is causing so much obsession in some of their people.

I think Silicon Valley gives California a lot of clout. Couple that with Hollywood and, as much as I hate to admit it, a vast majority of the artistically creative minds, and it difficult to spurn California too voraciously.

To answer your question, I do think Californians believe that their vote and consideration should be weighed more heavily than other areas of the country. With Pelosi retaining her post, that's not likely to change anytime soon either.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

It seems like crafting a narrative via polls is not an exclusive practice to any one country..

I'm not sure how the madness can end, but hopefully the way voters have been responding will have some sort of impact to the printing presses around the globe. One can only dream...

Everyone keeps talking about various 'revolutions' and 'rising up', but people only ever talk these days, and probably for good reasons. How do we even begin to ensure our reports aren't fabricated? Let alone guard ourselves from future corruption.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I think Silicon Valley gives California a lot of clout. Couple that with Hollywood and, as much as I hate to admit it, a vast majority of the artistically creative minds, and it difficult to spurn California too voraciously.

To answer your question, I do think Californians believe that their vote and consideration should be weighed more heavily than other areas of the country. With Pelosi retaining her post, that's not likely to change anytime soon either.

Here's a little exercise to do when you're bored. Do some research on how much California's tech , aerospace, and manufacturing industries depend upon US Government contracts. Now do some research on Route 128. Route 128 was the tech leader until the 80s, but when they lost the government contracts they suffered greatly, and many of their leading scientists relocated to Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is a few government contracts away from being the next Route 128.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Here's a little exercise to do when you're bored. Do some research on how much California's tech , aerospace, and manufacturing industries depend upon US Government contracts. Now do some research on Route 128. Route 128 was the tech leader until the 80s, but when they lost the government contracts they suffered greatly, and many of their leading scientists relocated to Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is a few government contracts away from being the next Route 128.

Yes good point. I actually knew a few guys from the DEC, Wang, NEC era who had gone to MIT and had settled into MA Rt 128 Tech hubs. Though, as I recall it, they were more focused on industrial than the Silicon Valley counterparts...also, with respect to the IT, I don't think people think of Bell Labs often enough on their influence and tend to think SV. were it not for them, the CCD, laser, transistor, unix, C, C++ may never have seen the light of day.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm so happy every time I come on ATS...

Poor liberals and their whiny sensibilities...

Bye bye obama legacy...it will be of unending joy watching Obamas impact on America completely erased..

Barack will be reduced to a parentheses in American history...

Someone pray for all the liberal fools who supported the Infallible Queen..oops, I said "pray"...well, lemme fix that...and suggest progressives pray to the all merciful allah so as not to offend democrats by mentioning the Judeo-Christian ethos....

-Christosterone

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Exactly, and if William Shockley's mother didn't get sick, he stays back east and Silicon Valley probably never exists to begin with.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Honestly I can't believe companies still use buildings anymore located inside states with harsh regulations and promises having to hold up.

When they could move entirely online, without much issue, public schools would benefit as well from at home teaching, of course with some modifications to monitor students and make sure workers aren't in their PJs smoking a doobie and watching cartoons instead of being productive same for the students too.

California is a mess to me, one hand they have focused heavily on public liberties while not improving underlying structures like income and family supporting jobs. I want to see true innovation, not what they should of been doing.

All you hear from silicon valley lately is the whining of pay from six figure salary holders and the public service sharing culture affiliating itself.

You became a state via the american people and you should focus on helping the american people, not wanting to leave when things get tough.

Sorry but wear your big gender pants California...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

Well it's a shame that people are dumb enough to listen to the outright shilling of CNN but thats the World we live in.

I do not and cannot watch the MSM as I feel like kicking my t.v. through the wall as the lies and propaganda are immediately transparent and the arrogance of these teleprompter reading buffoons with a bloated sense of self importance spouting a biased twisted Establishment narrative makes my blood boil.

I see two real enemies of the truth and the nation state that causes social division and uses the publics ignorance to formulate uninformed mislead political opinions,one of them is academia and the other is the MSM.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

,one of them is academia and the other is the MSM.

I just consider the MSM to be continued 'academia' beyond educational institutions
. "Continued adult education" ... whether that education be reality or a manufactured narrative...

I do feel like our school system needs to be heavily analyzed and cared for - because ever since moving half the population to be taxed there have been a whole loss of parents raising their own kids with their own morals/intelligence. Then the academia are the ones who produce the mind, rather than the family. This can be debatable between which one is better, but due to the way our educational system is set up I would argue against it in our age.

The sad part is us as humans rely on each other for truths we cannot discover on our own... Who knows if the sinister side of humanity will ever not take advantage of this natural trust we have in each other.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Coming from a California native, I can tell you that 75% of California is against Hillary. The only places that are for Hillary are places like San Francisco and Los Angeles. Those areas have a very high concentration of ethnic brainwashed groups. Come to the real California and you'll see Trump stickers and signs on every corner.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Remember that although Hillary received over 6 million votes,Donald received over 3 million.We are not all bad,we're just fighting an uphill battle.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

CNN continues to be one of the largest culprits of supplying narratives to corrupt the opinions of any individuals

Though your sentence is poorly written I think I get the meaning.

This is very ironic since conservatives have been using supplied narratives to control and destroy people for thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I would have to agree with you - it is both sides. My wish deep down is that Trump would annihilate the GOP and reforge it like a phoenix. Not sure what will happen, but we've definitely struck a chord with the population at least.

FOX news is just as bad, by the way...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

The only places that are for Hillary are places like San Francisco and Los Angeles. Those areas have a very high concentration of ethnic brainwashed groups. Come to the real California and you'll see Trump stickers and signs on every corner.

It sure seems like most of the votes being counted are coming from areas like that in Cali right now. Los Angeles county alone has ~2,000,000 votes for Clinton (~+1,000,000 above Trump).

Nice to hear from you and buckwhizzle - the same thing could be said about me in MN

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Well, that is nice to know. I know people from California who used to be from here and I cannot see them voting for Hillary. I doubt if they wanted to vote for trump either but they would vote for him just to stop Hillary. I think that Sanders should have been the one who ran instead of Hillary, Hillary has too many skeletons in her closets, and she has lots of closets.

I read somewhere that Northern Cali has a way higher amount of republicans but less population.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join