It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: British Guantanamo Terror Suspects Released Without Charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just one day after the return to UK of the last four remaining British terror suspects held in Guantanamo the farcical formality of British custody has come to an end casting further doubts about the legitimacy of their original detention by the U.S military. After initially arresting the British quartet and holding them for 24 hours in Paddington Green police station in London and finding no reason to hold them despite their refusal to answer any questions while in British custody, they were tonight reunited with their families.

The four British men who returned home from Guantanamo Bay on Tuesday have been released without charge by police.
Moazzam Begg, Martin Mubanga, Feroz Abbasi and Richard Belmar left Paddington Green police station on Wednesday night, Scotland Yard said.

They had been questioned by anti-terrorist officers in the UK after being held at the camp in Cuba for three years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This news is truelly disturbing. Why release these "terrorists" so they can go out and plot to kill more innocent "Godly" British people. This just makes me want to hang my head in shame.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Do you know the reasons WHY they where arrested?
Do you even know IF they are terrorists?
NO!
I say good call , no reason to hold them so why should we?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They'll probably blow themselves up either in Britain or Iraq in short order.

[edit on 1/26/2005 by djohnsto77]

dh

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They were released because their UK arrest was a sham, as the police and all involved knew full well
These people are entirely innocent like most of the people they left behind rotting in Guantanamo
The real terrorists are in power, getting re-elected, staging terrorist attacks
Some of youse - get a grip

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just because they are released doesn't mean they are in the clear. These people will be under constant surveilance for a long time.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Not 2 worry they will soon be back in jail.
They were given an apple and told to drive home.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrRobertCamp
This news is truelly disturbing. Why release these "terrorists" so they can go out and plot to kill more innocent "Godly" British people. This just makes me want to hang my head in shame.

Maybe they aren't guilty of anything...oh there's a concept. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Just because you are Muslim doesn't automatically mean you're a terrorist. Sheesh.

I hope they all sue the US government.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Im not sure but i think that anything that was gained from them in Guantanamo would not be admissible in an English Court. That's the reason they were released. So in effect the British Police have nothing on them. Rest assured they will be closely monitored.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Most detainees at Guantanamo are there because someone wanted the 5,000.00 USD reward in impoverished Afghanistan. Probably about 10 or 20 percent of them are involved in terrorism. Some are drug addicts or Father's-in-law who someone didn't care about more than they wanted the money.

Ruthlessly torturing people who know nothing and never giving them the chance to defend their innocence shows how far in the gutter the US has fallen.

edit grammar

[edit on 26-1-2005 by slank]

top topics

join