It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Shoots Dog and Own Finger In Call to Homeless Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well, she took it like a champ though.

Deputies were sent to a 'homeless camp' Saturday after authorities received a call about a man being mauled by a pitbull. The sheriff’s office released body worn camera video of the incident. The video is from Deputy Bray. You can hear her call out and whistle when she arrived. Then you hear a dog bark, and begin walking towards her. She says, “Better stay there brother,” and it attacks. You can hear the dog growling on top of her and she wrestled it. Two shots were fired. One grazed her finger. The animal died from its injuries. Jim Ames was there when it happened and is an acquaintance of the dog owner. “The dog just kept coming, there was nothing you could do," said Ames.

At least the department does a good Mannequin Challenge

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't like pitbulls, in my building there is a bitch super docile, but her head is as thick as my torso, I fear one day I will smell as a yummy sausage and she won't resist the urge.

Mannequins freak me out too.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well with all that mannequin challenge training it's amazing she didn't shoot one of her colleagues instead of just her finger

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't like to be that guy, but isn't this forum for police abuse of power and force. Nothing indicates that. Some loyal house dog wasn't shot when a cop was in its yard. Just a violent stray that has already attacked and attacked the officer.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I don't like pitbulls, in my building there is a bitch super docile, but her head is as thick as my torso, I fear one day I will smell as a yummy sausage and she won't resist the urge.

Mannequins freak me out too.

Pitt bulls are not monsters, it has been shown that golden retrievers have a worse temperament than Pitts , so it's not the breed, it's the dog.
I have owned 3 over the years and none ever showed a tooth in anger , they are smart and one of the most loyal dogs you could ever own. My older one is 14 years old in January and he has played with my and my friends kids and protected my ffamily like it was his job.
Not to mention that he was a huge help in training my bulladore ( half English bull dog, half black lab.....looks like lab though ) my cat is more aggressive than my pit and the dog stays away from her. Not trying to be mean but do a little research on the breed and see that it was America's favorite breed until some a* holes started breeding them and TRAINING THEM TO BE MEAN .

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I can tolerate a bite of a golden retriever, as I said its the huge muscular head of the pitbull that I don't like, if it decides to bite you are done.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I can tolerate a bite of a golden retriever, as I said its the huge muscular head of the pitbull that I don't like, if it decides to bite you are done.

I doubt you would tolerate a bite from a golden retriever , I saw someone provoke a jack Russell terrier and had to get stitches, and I'm not disagreeing that a pit would do more damage. I guess you could look at them like cops, some bad apples in the bunch but we aren't supposed to say that they are all bad but it's OK if it's a breed of dog?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I been bitten multiple times by a husky and I'm alive, I doubt a retriever is much worse.

top topics

join