It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeffery Dahmer Inspired Headless Artwork Proudly Displayed in John Podesta Bro's House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Again,
Relax, the model means just that. A starting point. If you can look the pics and not see a striking resemblance that's ok.

I think it looks very close. In short we disagree.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The story doesn't get into whens. Is there more than 1 of this headless art work.

Her Wikipedia profile lists two, the one in Canada and one in the Centro Andaluz de Arte Collection.

Not sure how Podesta has this if it is in a museum. Are we certain that is his home being depicted and not the museum itself?

edit on 28-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

According to many reports this is Tony's home. This pic is captioned in their home.

edit on 28-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

According to many reports this is Tony's home.

Which reports?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

If you look close it looks like the "kill room" is a walk in freezer/cooler.

Yes that is what it looked like to me as well. I was just not entirely sure of it. And then those other comments from his friends, that blew my mind really.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: seasonal

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Look closely at the picture of the victim and compare it to the work of art.

The victims arms are bent sideways and the knees are tucked. The only similarity is that their backs are bent backwards and that's IT.

Stop flooding the forums with all this noise.

One pizzagate thread per week is enough.

It is a piece of art mimicking something quite disturbing in its source of inspiration. There are some kinds of people that collect serial killer and other murder related art or authentic items. Some auction sites cater to this particular market.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Okay, I found this:

Married, With Art.

This article was written in 2004 and does appear to be their home. They no longer own this piece as it is in Canada.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The story doesn't get into whens. Is there more than 1 of this headless art work.

Her Wikipedia profile lists two, the one in Canada and one in the Centro Andaluz de Arte Collection.

Not sure how Podesta has this if it is in a museum. Are we certain that is his home being depicted and not the museum itself?

His home. The original photo was in a magazine spread showcasing his home and art collection.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Psst. Look above your post.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The Podesta's got in a huge pi$$ing match over the art when they divorced.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I am pretty sure this one was gone before their divorce.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Okay, I found this:

Married, With Art.

This article was written in 2004 and does appear to be their home. They no longer own this piece as it is in Canada.

From your source:

Folks attending a house tour in the Lake Barcroft neighborhood in Falls Church earlier this year got an eyeful when they walked into a bedroom at the Podesta residence hung with multiple color pictures by Katy Grannan, a photographer known for documentary-style pictures of naked teenagers in their parents' suburban homes.

"They were horrified," Heather recalls, a grin spreading across her face.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There's also this...

issuu.com...

Regardless of inspiration, who sees a piece like that and thinks I gotta have that?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Someone into her art. She seems to be rather well known from my initial searching.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Different strokes.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Are you sure that Polaroid is real? The piece is called Arch of Hysteria and according to the National Gallery of Canada:

Stemming from her interest in the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of pain and fear, Bourgeois was drawn to the arch of hysteria as theorized and represented by the nineteenth-century neurologist Jean Martin Charcot (1825-1893). While working at the Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris, Charcot sought to represent hysteria by documenting the performances of his female patients. The physical tension of the hysterical arch - an intense muscular contraction, resulting in immobility and paralysis of the limbs - is emblematic of an equally extreme emotional state. Bourgeois makes this highly vulnerable position even more so by suspending her male figure from the ceiling. In choosing to represent him in an attitude traditionally associated with the female, the artist transgresses the social and sexual roles assigned to women, challenging the misconception of hysteria as a female malady.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It was theirs at one point and they sold it to the gallery in 2005.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No I get that, what I'm questioning is this idea that the sculpture was somehow inspired by Jeffrey Dahmer.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh, gotcha. I doubt it. It appears she was working on this in 1992 from what I read and Dahmer's trial began in 1992 so I cannot imagine that she had the victim trial photos prior to this.

Additionally, as per the artist, it was supposed to be a male figure in what is typically considered a female emotion, that of hysteria.

edit on 28-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh, gotcha. I doubt it. It appears she was working on this in 1991-1992 from what I read and Dahmer's trial began in 1992 so I cannot imagine that she had the victim trial photos prior to this.

What are you talking about?

The pictures were provided to her by the NWO handlers that orchestrated the murders and framed Dahmer.

Member?

/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join