It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Loses Nuclear Device , Sparks GCC concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi again Above Top Secretions

Maybe they just misplaced it

Im less than surprised.

According to the newspaper, the device went missing after the car transporting it was stolen. Thankfully, the vehicle was recovered, but the radioactive nuclear device was not so lucky. The GCC has contacted the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) over the incident - both organizations are concerned that Iran’s nuclear program may pollute the waters in the Gulf, Asharq al-Awsat quoted GCC Emergency Management Center chairman, Adnan al-Tamimi, as saying. Most members of the GCC – which includes Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman – desalinate sea water from the Gulf. If contamination from the device were to reach desalination stations, an already critical situation becomes even more critical. The missing device is set to lose half of its power after 74 days of inactivity, Tamimi said, noting that it still should be handled with care even after that period

But who dunnit?

James Bond?
Archer?
Boris and natasha?

Or could it be some damn fool stole a car not knowing it was transporting a nuclear doodad?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The same happened in Mexico last year

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Military intelligence will say it's in Syria... Everyone's evacuated to the uk and nato goes in on a humanitarian mission... Just a guess.. Seems plausible tho.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Forget all the rest. How did they come up with something they are forbidden to have ? By the International community and the UN .
Speaks volumes on our current government . They used Obama's bribes well....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So what isotope has a half life of 74 days and what is that isotope used for?

Iridium-192 (73.83 days)
According to Wikipedia - "commonly used as a gamma ray source in industrial radiography to locate flaws in metal components.[3] It is also used in radiotherapy as a radiation source, in particular in brachytherapy."

Also from Wikipedia - Iridium-192 has accounted for the majority of cases tracked by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission in which radioactive materials have gone missing in quantities large enough to make a dirty bomb.[4]

edit on 27-11-2016 by CraftBuilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Forget all the rest. How did they come up with something they are forbidden to have ? By the International community and the UN .

Steve miller said it best...
"Take the money and run"
Whoooo, who....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

But who dunnit? James Bond? Archer? Boris and natasha?

My mate Bill told me it was Hilary, She's pissed at the right...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Gothmog

Steve miller said it best...
"Take the money and run"
Whoooo, who....

Another good belly shakin laugh . In my world , hard for me to do nowadays . Thanks.
On the other hand , Dude looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith) from a previous thread has now been replaced by that song

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The small canister is made of lead and marked with the black and yellow radiation symbol.
Not enough for any dirty bomb, but certainly a local health issue to anyone that would remove it from it's protective enclosure.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Hahahaha *cue Beavis and Butthead style laughing*

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wonder where it will end up

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Don't like the sound of that

Wonder what the device is and why it was being transported in a car.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I wonder where it will end up

Prolly in a water supply near you.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I sure frikkin hope not.
why?
What have you heard?

top topics

join