It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro Dead...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Hitler?

No. Saint, as you seem to be wanting to portray? Not hardly.

Nor hero.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Pray for Obama as he mourns his mentor, Fidel Castro. Never had he felt more accepted than under the iron grip of communism.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That is not my intention at all.

I am very well aware of Castro's life. But, I am under the impression that a lot of things about him are exaggerated, which is a common thing with the people the west dislikes. Trump is the latest proof for that.

Anyway, as I've said multiple times already on this thread, for his fight against colonialism and especially America's dominance, he will forever have respect of those people all around the world who oppose dominance of any super power. You can deny a lot of things about his life, but this you can not. He managed to successfully maintain somewhat normal life of 11 million Cubans even under sanctions, and he played a huge part for the non-alligned movement.

I see that a lot of people fail to realize that people who admire Castro, don't glorify his personal life, but what he represented in the world and his fight against colonialism

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Fidel Castro was both a hero and a villain. Colonialism is an evil that plagues the South American region, no one stood against it better than he did... he was brutal and merciless against capitalism and it's supporters but to the majority in Cuba he was about the equivalent of a saint.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This about sums it up for me...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Good riddance ...........bet he didn't go to heaven.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Indigent

Again with the f#cking Hitler analogy...

I admire Castro from the bottom of my soul, for everything he did for the people of Cuba, and then for his mythical fight against the strongest superpower in the world. He managed to maintain Cuba as independent as possible.

Comparing him to Hitler is just a pathetic move when you have no bloody arguments

You admire Castro? Have you ever spoken with a Cuban? Being born in Miami I sure have. You have no idea who you are admiring.

Castro is someone that killed his way into power. Along with his goon brother and El Che. They were murderers. They dragged innocent people into the street and shot them during the revolution( and many more since). Castro had to stop his brother from killing so many people that otherwise the revolution would of failed.

You have no idea what it's like to be in modern day Cuba. I have a friend that went recently. He snuck out from the resort and went to go into areas tourists aren't supposed to go. He saw how the people cringe in fear when the military walk down the street.

You say you admire Castro for everything he did for his people. You might as well say you admire Castro for killing his own people. You admire Castro for jailing Cubans that speak out against him. You admire a ruthless murdering dictator.

I'd say you are wrong to admire him.
edit on 26-11-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

What a day, what a year!

Ronald Reagan - Peanuts, Popcorn, Crackerjack

It is said that Castro was making a speech to a large assembly. And he was going on at great length and then a voice out in the crowd said peanuts, popcorn, crackerjack. He went on speaking and again the voice said peanuts, popcorn, crackerjack. And about the 4th time this happened he stopped in his regular speech. And he said the next time he says that I'm going to find out who he is and kick him all the way to Miami.

Let's face it, 2016 one of the best years in the entire history!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a little reading on Castro

babalublog.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Castro was a #

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Have you ever been to Cuba and talked to the Cuban people?

Fidel cared about Cuba and her citizens. Even before the restrictions were lifted, Cuba welcomed US travelers while the US was never as friendly.

The US propganda machine demonized Castro. The man was a revolutionary and a hero to many.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I've spoken to Cubans that have fled Cub.

One told me how he was taken from his family when he was a kid to go work on a farm in the middle of nowhere.

Another co worker told me about how there was always some dude keeping watch over everyone in the neighborhood seeing what they were talking about.

If what you say was true then no Cuban would risk their life on an inner tube to come to miami.

Castro is a murderering Stalinesque dictator.

You are free to believe what you wish. But when you talk to enough Cubans here in Miami about him.and I have some Cuban in laws as well. You get that Cuba isn't the paradise some people think it is under the Castro regime.

edit on 26-11-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Nov 29th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Nov 29th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Nov 30th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join