It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Deadliest Day in Iraq for U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The U.S. suffered its highest death toll since the war in Iraq began. Preliminary findings suggest that the chopper crash that claimed 31 lives was potentially weather-related. 5 others were killed due to combat bringing the total to 36.

www.cnn.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Thirty-one Marines were killed in a helicopter crash near Iraq's border with Jordan, bringing the number of U.S. troops killed Wednesday to 36 -- the deadliest day for U.S. forces since the start of the war in Iraq.

Four U.S. Marines were killed during combat in Iraq's Al-Anbar province, and a U.S. soldier died when insurgents attacked a combat patrol north of Baghdad, according to the U.S. military.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The bloodiest day in Iraq and it wasn't anyone's fault but mother nature. More unnecassary deaths. The war in Iraq is continuing its irreverance and plans to vacate Iraq have been pushed to 2006. The unfortunate aspect of this day, however, is that this was the result of error, not active combat. On a side note, however ominous, is that today Condoleeza Rice was confirmed as our next Secretary of State. I doubt she is going to have an immediate,positive impact.

Related News Links:
english.aljazeera.net

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The official total is now 37. Unfortunate.

Deadliest Day Thus Far in Iraq War

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
seems like more deaths are being caused by machine malfunction in this war. It also seems like they arent doing anything to fix these problems. They just keep happening. It would be interesting to find out if its operation error or machine error. Sad, definitely

[edit on 27-1-2005 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Howdy "Shocked"

First let me congradulate you on your SKitz story!! For some reason I was not allowed to post there!

I suggest you read Mark (8:24-30) " The Syrophoenician Woman's Faith"

Has anyone thought that bearings DO NOT work so well, when there is sand in them. Especially aerospace bearings.. Duuh! Maybe we could ask TORRINGTON/FAFNIR (Fafnir named after a DRAGON in a PLAY)?? Oh yeah, they were bought by TIMKEN (no questions asked about a monopoly?), lets ask them. Or have they set up factories OVERSEAS already?

Maybe "Shocked the Monkey" could answer that?
Just don't touch the monkey.. know what I mean, wink wink

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Any questions about TIMKEN, let's ask the people of OHIO??

Anyone have a question about OHIO??

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
First, thank you for the kudos regarding the poetry.

Second, I did a bit of searching and indeed, Timken is a major player in manufactoring of components for several industries. The possibility for mechanical error regarding the recent crash is there(sand in bearings could concievably be called weather-related). No conspiracy about that though. Just a high one day casualty that needn't have occured in a war that is continuing past its usefullness, IMO.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with what you are trying to communicate, fourth?

Timken relation to Ohio

Quote from a different link:=http://www.business-journal.com/OhioDemocratsBlastBushEconomicPolicies.asp

“The Bush record is to ship jobs overseas, to provide tax cuts to large corporations, help those corporations reap big profits, and then lay off American workers,” said Rep. Sherrod Brown of Lorain. “Despite record profits for the Timken Corp. and President Bush’s promise of one million new jobs in 2004, 1,300 additional families are added to the unemployment rolls in Ohio. I find it ironic that a year ago the president chose Timken as the location to showcase his economic policy.”

As interesting as this is, this has implications towards the allegation of election fraud in Ohio. Not the recent helicopter crash in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So what's your point?? The movement of troops during a War, does not count as casualties of War?

Anyone know what a National Gaurd Reservist's family gets in life insurance, when that member dies?? (Maybe food stamps) Let's ask the people of NEW MEXICO? Well at least they have legislation up to try and raise it.

Heck, that makes the men almost as cheap, as the bearings!!!

PEEK-A-BOO.. I see you too..." And this little PIGGIE went to market....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
So what's your point?? The movement of troops during a War, does not count as casualties of War?

Not my point at all. The point was to focus on task.

Heck, that makes the men almost as cheap, as the bearings!!!

So big business is using the little guy. The aim is to get concrete proof of abuse.

PEEK-A-BOO.. I see you too..." And this little PIGGIE went to market....

Interesting.......

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who owns TORRINGTON/FAFNIR????? Are they a big player in aerospace?? Let's ask BOEING.. Oh yes, they've lost their position as the number one producer of Jet aircraft. That would now be AIRBUS, that has made alot of people in the MIDWEST and Northwest "estatic"??

You might want to keep to things you know.. Electricity! And let it flow!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman

You might want to keep to things you know.

No one ever learned anything new by keeping to things they knew already........sounds like you have a lot to say, just giving you an oppurtunity to say it.

top topics

join