It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwave "Poppers" deployed to pacify Iraqi Population

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The article is bias and slanted, but the actual information that filters through between the lines is fascinating...I don't know if I believe it at face value, but it is very plausible.

Microwaving Iraq
'Pacifying' Rays Pose New Hazards In Iraq
William Thomas

Janaury 25, 2005 - On the rooftop of a shrapnel-pocked building in the ruins of Fallujah, a team of GI's stealthily sets up a gray plastic dome about two-feet in diameter. Keeping well back from the sight lines of the street and nearby buildings, they plug the cable connectors on the side of the "popper" into a power unit. The grunts have no clue what the device does. They are just following orders.

"Most of the worker-bees that are placing these do not even know what is inside the "domes" just that they were told where to place them by Intel weenies with usually no nametag," reports my source, a very well informed combat veteran I will call "Hank".

The grunts call the plastic devices "poppers" or "domes". Once activated, each hidden transmitter emits a widening circle of invisible energy capable of passing through metal, concrete and human skulls up to half a mile away. "They are saturating the area with ULF, VLF and UHF freqs," Hanks says, with equipment derived from US Navy undersea sonar and communications.

But its not being used to locate and talk to submarines under Baghdad.

After powering up the unit, the grunts quickly exit the area. It is their commanders, fervent hope that any male survivors enraged by brutal American bombardments that damaged virtually every building in this once thriving "City of Mosques", displacing a quarter-million residents while murdering thousands of children, women and elders in their homes -- will lose all incentive for further resistance and revenge.

A dedicated former soldier, whose experiences during and after Desert Storm are chronicled in my book, Bringing The War Home, Hank stays in close touch with his unit serving "in theater" in Iraq. When I asked how many "poppers" are being used to irradiate Iraqi neighborhoods, he checked and got back to me. There are "at least 25 of these that have been deployed to theater, and used. Some have conked out and been removed, so I do not know how many are currently active and broadcasting."

Hank is still losing friends in Iraq, where front-line soldiers put their current casualty figures from all causes -- combat, accidents, psychological crackups and suicides -- at 5,000 dead and 22,000 to 30,000 injured.

Hank also blames those at the top for hospital counts of upwards of 65,000 children killed since the 2003 invasion. He is concerned that innocent Iraqi families and unsuspecting GIs alike are being used as test subjects for a new generation of "psychotronic" weapons using invisible beams across the entire electromagnetic spectrum to selectively alter moods, behavior and bodily processes.

"The "poppers, are capable of using a combo of ULF, VLF, UHF and EHF wavelengths in any combination at the same time, sometimes using one as a carrier wave for the others," Hank explains, in a process called superheterodyning. The silent frequencies daily sweeping Fallujah and other trouble spots are the same Navy "freqs that drove whales nuts and made them go astray onto beaches."

(snip)

www.uruknet.info...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In case you think it is totally outlandish, be aware that microwave weapons are a reality...

Israeli scientists develop microwave weapon

AFP[ SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2005 10:00:14 PM ]

JERUSALEM: Israeli scientists have developed a microwave weapon capable of taking out enemy combatants without causing them serious injury, the Hebrew daily Maariv reported Sunday.

The new weapon was developed in a laboratory in the West Bank Jewish settlement of Ariel, the paper said.

Its inventors boast that the weapon can incapacitate an enemy while causing nothing more than serious than a short-term burning sensation.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to the website of the author of the original article posted on top...he covers chemtrails, 911, and other interesting info...including microwave weaponry in Iraq.

www.willthomas.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I not suprise that they are doing this in Iraq...

This type of thing is now standard in USA...I think they are using ELF as well. It does not only change the person's mood...it also use to make them to do/commit some sort of activity (posistive or negative).

Questiong?
Is it really to make Iragis Pacifist or Extremist?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

But its not being used to locate and talk to submarines under Baghdad.

The silent frequencies daily sweeping Fallujah and other trouble spots are the same Navy "freqs that drove whales nuts and made them go astray onto beaches."

(snip)

www.uruknet.info...

Wow, great thread!!!

I have a couple questions:

There are submarines under Baghdad?

(probably old) the Navy admits to beaching whales?

This is fascinating, I havn't checked out the weapons threads much, but now I will!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So using weapons that discourage violence and leave no long terms damage is bad because......?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So using weapons that discourage violence and leave no long terms damage is bad because......?

You also have take into account the Negative use of it as well...

Notice how it affect the whales...I wonder how it would affect human on the negative side as well.

Also, why the grunts were...

Originally posted by Geneticus
After powering up the unit, the grunts quickly exit the area. It is their commanders, fervent hope that any male survivors enraged by brutal American bombardments that damaged virtually every building in this once thriving "City of Mosques", displacing a quarter-million residents while murdering thousands of children, women and elders in their homes -- will lose all incentive for further resistance and revenge.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I suppose you are right. Until testing proves this thing safe, the military will have to rely on bullets to control crowds.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Does anyone think it is harmless to direct plenteous levels of microwave radiation at living organisms?

It's always the case that nobody has to admit long-term affects of a technology that is new because there have been no long-term studies to prove what common-sense would sugggest.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I suppose you are right. Until testing proves this thing safe, the military will have to rely on bullets to control crowds.

I am sure it will be used with reckless abandon until scientists are able and/or allowed to prove the threat from that particular type of microwave radiation to living organisms is significant and compelling.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Does anyone think it is harmless to direct plenteous levels of microwave radiation at living organisms?

It's always the case that nobody has to admit long-term affects of a technology that is new because there have been no long-term studies to prove what common-sense would sugggest.

Never mind the ethical considerations of mind control...

Puh-leeze. There are really people who defend this shtuff? Wonders never cease...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Told ya.

If you listened to Coast2CoastAM last night... you heard ALOT about poppers.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Are you sure they're being deployed exclusively to pacify people?

They can be used for that, but they can also be used in another way, presumably...

It's of equal tactical value (especially to those 'intelligence weenies') to be able to start riots. Quelling them is comparatively easy to do with conventional means. These 'poppers' would be much more valuable to the powers that be if they could do both, and I suspect they can.

The Israeli device is a little different, no? It's more like a molecular agitator, a heat gun. Makes you itchy and hot under the skin, starts boiling the water in you...

Used on full blast I suspect you could kill someone in a very unpleasant way with that technology. The 'poppers' could, perhaps, be the same way? If they were turned on full blast, emitting as many layered waves as possible, creating interlocking spheres of influence between emitters, could it actually 'pop' heads? Scanners-style?

That would really be something...

But what happens if the insurgents grab some of these and figure out how to work them? That could be bad...

But talk about perimeter security, if only they weren't so vulnerable to sniper fire and mortar attacks. The problem, as I see it, is that it can't emit efficiently if it's hardened and armored against attack, and it can't survive long enough to be cost-efficient if it isn't armoured.

They should put these things on UAVs instead, maybe a use has finally been found for the laser-tethered/powered/controlled UAV? Would there be enough power to support the broadcast? I bet these things suck juice like crazy..no way you could use a battery except for short sorties, and I get the impression these things are meant to stay on and have a cumulative effect...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hank said it was like giving someone a bottle of whiskey to drink and seeing what happens. Some people are "bad drunks", so they might become abusive and belligerent. Another person might be pleasant and accomodating. Eventually, Hank said it is possible to turn off the civilized part of the human brain and leave only the reptilian portion active. Under this influence, people have unpredictible reactions and become extraodinarily susceptible to suggestion.

The problem was that you had to turn it on and see what happens, then fire for effect once you dial in the desired result. In the process, you are guaranteed to have undesirable effects on some.

The program was halted because 5 of the devices malfunctioned simultaneously. That means someone targeted the technology.

[edit on 5/8/06 by Geneticus]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Its bad because if it works they'll be setting them up in your hometown so you don't complain when the government robs you of everything you own and your freedoms.

Its bad because if the Iraqis find out that we are messing with their minds they might go totally out of their mind with rage.

Nothing we do will make them love us after what we have done, not even microwaving their brains.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh Please.

1. _MICROWAVE_
Anything above from 300-30GHz in the 1-100cm wavelengths. Theoretically, this can contain the lower TV and Radio bands but more typically it is reserved for the 1GHz+ range of purely radar and cell wavelengths. It in NO WAY includes the lower frequencies which are almost entirely intended for long range comms and harmonic capture of same.
2. ULF
Ultra Low Frequency. 300Hz to 3KHz. A frequency so low that the antennas used look like giant baseball diamond backstops. And are typically installed in remote areas because at the power levels necessary for global transmission, they are a known hazard to human neurologic and cell function.
3. VLF
Very Low Frequency. 3-30 KHz. A frequency so low that it's wavelengths (and thus it's antenna sizes) are measured in METERS.
4. VHF
Very High Frequency. Covering the bandwidth 30-300MHz or channels 2-13 on your _TV_.
5. UHF
Ultra High Frequency. 300MHz to 3.16 GHz. Technically can include 'microwaves' but is more typically associated with the channel range starting at 470MHz which you are familiar with as _TV_ broadcasts on Channels 14-70.
6. EHF
Extremely High Frequency. Covering the range 300-30,000GHz. Which includes everything from _millimeter_ wavelengths to ionizing hard radiation like X-Rays and the like.
7. Super Heterodyning.
A system which splits an incoming signal between to frequency bands (harmonics) aboce and below the base frequency the summative value -and difference- of which in amplitude is used to set the IF or intermediate frequency chain that defines a stable 'channel'. While a signal can have several harmonic isolates above and below it's intended beat frequency, it can never incorporate more signal strength OR bandwidth than that contained by the total frequency range between the upper and lower harmonics or beats.

Thus, what these folks are stating is:

A. That these multifrequent generators are broadcasting across a HUGE total (instantaneous) frequency band and yet are neither interfering with nor detectable by local transmit:receive elements of radio, TV or cell operating in the same wavelengths.
B. That the various propagation (distance through turbulent air that signal strengths will travel before attenuation) and penetration (distance through stone and metal that a signal will travel before absorption) problems are being resolved by using 'carrier frequencies' so far apart that there is no way that the upper bands could contain the lower frequencies for wavelength (wavelength is the inverse of frequency thus the number of subcarrier or harmonic elements that could be carried within it.). Yet the antenna size problem is never mentioned as a function of how you get all these additive waveforms piggybacked onto one signal.
C. That the use of ULF as a _known_ hazard to human life _inside_ a **civillian target area** is occuring without Hague violations being recorded by multiple international agencies including the Red Cross? This would be akin to Germans popping mustard gas in downtown Paris during WWI people.
D. That this 'networking' principle of presumably multiple single-dipole transmission array functioning without _U.S._ troop hazarding in _unguarded_ installations?

Baaah. If it's happening, somebody needs to be a lot more specific about the dynamic bandwidth interleaves being used and the methodology of both the engineering and the tactical deployment. Otherwise, you're in the same 'foreign propoganda as character assassination by scientific commentary' grey area that said we were putting 'bizarre, mind altering chemicals' in the Vietnamese' water.

To which the answer was "Soitnlee! And they were called _chlorine and fluoride_."

My belief is that this is closer to being a Steven King level _Cell_ construct designed to push peoples' buttons. Which doesn't say much for the poster or his supposed 'sources'.

I am among the first who question the morality of less-than-lethal weapons systems and DEWS in particular. But throwing out acronyms without 5 minutes of Google'd research only serves to muddy the waters of what may be a real threat to 'public awareness' with junk-science.

KPl.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A 3-hour interview with Hank is alot better than a Google search...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 5/9/06 by Geneticus]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yep gotta love these anonymous sources, they're very believable, LOL. The article was very bias and is clearly designed to push an agenda.

A dedicated former soldier, whose experiences during and after Desert Storm are chronicled in my book, Bringing The War Home, Hank stays in close touch with his unit serving "in theater" in Iraq. When I asked how many "poppers" are being used to irradiate Iraqi neighborhoods, he checked and got back to me. There are "at least 25 of these that have been deployed to theater, and used. Some have conked out and been removed, so I do not know how many are currently active and broadcasting.

So who is this Hank, he seems to know alot about these ' poppers ' considering only the no name intelligence spooks are supposed to know how they work and what they do.
Sounds like a load of BS, incredibly vague, with no way to confirm anything.

LOL, I love how the author plugs his book as well, yeah he's really credible.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

[edit on 5/9/06 by Geneticus]

Your source is "Coast to Coast"?
LOL, you might as well quote Rense or Bob Lazar.
Coast to Coast, oh yeah man that's what I call a reliable source. Not.

Think I'll move on to the next thread, this one is done.
Thanks CH1466 for the technical explanation and debunking.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join