It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver fired for forcing two off bus in dire cold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A Niagara Falls bus driver was fired for kicking two students off his bus for being unruly.The temperature at the nime was 6 degrees.

NIAGARA FALLS - Niagara Falls Coach Lines fired a school bus driver Tuesday for making two children get off his bus last week and walk a half-mile or more to their homes in single-digit temperatures

www.buffalonews.com...

Should the bus driver have been fired for this? The students in question are 11 and 12 if they were causing problems on the bus is it such a horrible thing that they were kicked off the bus?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think the bus driver was in the right. A Question, just how safe is it to have unruly kids on the bus? How many lives is that putting in danger? If they were warned to behave and didn't...... well enjoy the walk.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
why should a 1/2 mile walk be a problem? if there were a decent sledding
hill and enough snow or ice within a mile of their homes you can bet they would be out there if they were bored of the video games they have, no matter the temperature was in the single digits.
i'm in missouri and they call off school nowdays if the wind blows hard or so it seems compared to when i was in school 25 years ago.
our driver put 2 older guys(juniors or seniors)off on a gravel road for fighting one day when it was 20 or so degrees with a wind chill around 0 and when we made the short loop to pick up a kid they were still standing where he dumped them out cause they knew we had to come back by there and when the driver stopped and let them back on nothing was said nor were there anymore disturbances from them. 5 to 10 minutes in a couple of feet of snow with a stiff north wind blowing up their cracks cured
them pretty quick.
it doesn't matter how old you are, if your parents did the job
right you know the difference between right and wrong,and you will pass along the same to your kids.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by cap_n_america]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey buddy the link is not working. Well asking for subscriptoin.

Could you get us another one?

Surf

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well if that's -6C that's not that cold, about 24F. You walk faster in the winter, so a 10 minute walk in that temp. is an inconvenience, not a torture. Hell, when I was that age I walked to school in -40, which is the same in F and C. That was frickin cold.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Exactly - I walked through Inverness in -23 weather. That was pretty cold even for a hardy Pisky like myself. -6 is cold but not that cold. In my opinion the driver should not have been fired. If the kids want to act the arsehole, lets see them do it while they're walking home.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think that the bus driver has the right to kick the kids off the bus, but if it could endanger the childrens lives then I dont think he should.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree with you all, the bus driver is in the right.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, we can see that people who deny ignorance aren't running the world
, or that school distrcit anyway.
How coud they fire this guy? If it were 6 yr olds, well maybe. Wanna bet at least one parent of those kids is a lawyer or someone who think too highly of themselves?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
the driver did make the best decision in terms of his options at the time...he could have let the kids on the bus if he had a taser or stun gun available....just a thought though: how much different would the tone of this thread be if those kids were picked up by someone and raped and killed and thrown in a ditch?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Maybe called the police. I dont think he has the right to put kids off in the bitter cold.

What if they died in the cold.

murder charges.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I walked to school in 5 degrees yesterday and have walked in 2 degrees. Those children are pathetic.

top topics

join