It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We sat down and had a dinner this weekend, some old friends of mine, discussing everything from politics to games. I wont say everyone has a brilliant mind, but what symbolizes our friendship is that we all have a conscious mind.
Our own path, our own learning and our own knowledge is shared among each other during a meal. Maybe its to tell a tale to make the time pass or maybe, its how nature taught us tell a tale of survival..

Most of us are pre- programmed to think alike. Just cause they can talk and walk, doesnt mean its anymore alive than the computer i do most my work on. An empty vessel which can be taught anything your desires wishes, but all to often to fit someones perverted primate mind.

First time i heard these words, were only a few years ago;" I want to hear your words ". A lifetime of going in circles believing you were the only one who was alive but with no purpose nor no meaning. And on that day someone stretched out their hand and said;" You are not alone " and with troubled words they said;" Let go of everything you know ". Its human nature to be fearful on the unknown.

Ive seen brilliant minds go to waste, cause they cant let go of what they know. Ive seen creative minds loose control when they are starting to let go of the things they know. Its a fine balance in between.

But the thing is, we helped each other in need, even though the journey is yours. Once in a while listening to someone else could help you far more than believing the safety of your own lies. Just so you can keep that mind from breaking.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i don't like interacting with people too much. There is too much pressure to maintain social grace, which sometimes is against my will. I find that stressful, so reduce it as much as i can. Work relationshihps...im great with. And if i really know/like you, i may enjoy your company. But thats maybe 5 or 6 people.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i don't like interacting with people too much. There is too much pressure to maintain social grace, which sometimes is against my will. I find that stressful, so reduce it as much as i can. Work relationshihps...im great with. And if i really know/like you, i may enjoy your company. But thats maybe 5 or 6 people.

im like that too except my social circle outside of work includes 1 person and he lives in south africa so i dont have to have much face time with him.
i tolerate people at work because i have to. outside of work though. i cant do it

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Greetings-

Something like this fellas?

www.sunfell.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I live..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Right now? No. I am not alive. It's probably going to be half past one in the morning by the time I finish this post, and I am not awake because I need to be. I am awake because just as I was about to drop off to a nice, natural sleep at about twenty five past midnight, I got a text message from a lady who does not know that I care for her a great deal, and long to know her better.

I text her back right away. I am sure she fell asleep right after sending the message, because I got no reply...but the idiot in my brain decided to stay up this past hour, and make a big deal of itself, loudly in the confines of my skull.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?... You know where this is going.

In any case, right at this moment in time, I am not living, I am existing. A sleepless zombie going through the motions, a machine winding down to a stop. In some hours to come, I will no doubt start living again, but as I am right now, with mind clogged by probabilities and possibilities, and by frustration and doubt.... No. This is not life, this is mere existence. Life will begin again tomorrow. I have work to do, a driving lesson to attend, perhaps a trip to the bank, and maybe, just maybe a life to live.

Strange thing, living.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
school turns people into mindless zombies.

new topics

top topics

join