It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats Failure and Our Future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You don't have to be a psychic to see how Trumps presidency will be received. You actually think the divisiveness that's already a product of him is going to vanish?

People are angry, which is a good thing. That anger is driving them to learn about the political process and make themselves a part of it through their art.

My point (well, one of them), is that this divisiveness is not because of his election, but that is a part of it at the current moment (but it will die down, like it always does). Obama's presidency has caused more divisiveness than any other's in recent memory, at least when it comes to race relations and the like.

You may not have to be a psychic to see how his presidency will be received, but to be fair, more than half of America will either be excited or indifferent about it, so the hyperbole surrounding the doomsday scenarios of hatred and divisiveness because of our next president is fear-mongering, plain and simple. If it pans out to be correct, then so be it, but acting like this divide between "sides" in America wasn't extant prior to his campaign and election win is wrong.

But don't worry--your claims don't scare me, but they do tend to scare the apathetically ignorant who are abundant in America.

Do you even know what "classical" liberalism is?

Yes, and I subscribe to a lot of its ideals.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To everyone doubting my words here remember, ATS isn't representative of the thoughts and feelings of this country right now, especially the youth.

The majority of people in America didn't vote for Donald Trump. What you're going to see in the next few years going forward is a direct reaction to all of this.

Where it stops I have no idea, but the rumblings have begun.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

To everyone doubting my words here remember, ATS isn't representative of the thoughts and feelings of this country right now, especially the youth.

The majority of people in America didn't vote for Donald Trump. What you're going to see in the next few years going forward is a direct reaction to all of this.

The problem is that the entire middle class, or what is left of it, has been disenfranchised. The democrats used to be the party of the working man and they have abandoned their base seeking out votes among the fringes of the leftist population. Think of it as the party of taxation without representation, to coin a phrase.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

The problem is that the entire middle class, or what is left of it, has been disenfranchised. The democrats used to be the party of the working man and they have abandoned their base seeking out votes among the fringes of the leftist population. Think of it as the party of taxation without representation, to coin a phrase.

The illusion that there still is a middle class is part of the problem.

<< 1   >>

join