It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing pulling out all the stops for "Make in India" program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Wedgetail was done in the US. Boeing Integrated Defense was responsible for the modifications to the aircraft. The radar itself was from NG.

India is one of those countries where they announce a contract, and you might as well not even look for updates for 2-3 years at a minimum. When they announced the interest in the Chinook and Apache, I thought for sure it would be at least 5 years before they signed the deal. I was shocked when it only took 2 years for them to sign it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

You are right, if India wants to send product, tough our trade reflects exactly yours.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is probably why the F-16 was much more successful than the F-18 over the years. I believe that many countries actually built their own F-16's. Turkey is one that I know of for sure. And in that time it didn't stop the F-16 line in the United States.

In effect, I think this is a good move for Boeing.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The F-16 is cheaper, and has better legs than the Hornet of whatever model you want to select. Turkey and Japan both license built them, with Japan modifying the airframe into the F-2, which was larger and carries more payload.

The Hornet would be a great aircraft if it had legs worth a damn. As it is, they need tanker support close by for any kind of long range mission with a heavy payload.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join