It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really care..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
An expression once said by René Descartes;" Cogito ergo sum" - I think, therefore I am. Does the word mean anything to the most of you? Are your thoughts something you learned growing up? Are your words pre-programmed like a conditional computer program?

If i say a word of kindness;" How are you feeling today? " Do you say those words cause you care ? Do you really want to hear the answer if the person says;" No, im dying ". Do you feel cause you are taught to feel, do you love cause you are in love with the ideal of love? Do you really care?

Do you think or do you imagine? Do you understand or are you a book with knowledge? Who are you? Ask yourself a single question;" Who am i ? "

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm a robot, stuck on self-destruct.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Writer looking for a muuuuuuuse

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

When some one says "have a good day" I always look them in the eyes and say OK.

You would be surprised at the positive reactions.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
who am I ?? My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”
I AM SMAUG!!!!!
or..... I am a machinist in a small town in Michigan. cant remember which

edit on 18-11-2016 by Zimnydran because: witty humor

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I believe what Descartes was trying to imply is that existence is dependent upon thought. I disagree with that. One can be blacked out or comatose showing no brain activity and yet still exist as others are witness to the fact. It is like the eternal riddle of Schrodinger's Cat: Does the cat exist if you cannot see it? Even though you cannot visibly see me right now I exist though that cannot be proven.

We do not learn to think or feel, we experience thought and feeling. An example: A person with psychopathy cannot learn feelings of empathy but can only learn to behave as if he were empathetic. As far as thought goes thought patterns are shaped and formed by our life experiences. We do not learn to think but by experience we do learn how to sort our thoughts.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

That's enough, go home, you're drunk.

j/k. Just had to. Your post was thoughtful.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I mean it when I ask someone that. I really want to know. I have made a great effort to become more caring and more thoughtful. I have had a couple of people very close to me die recently.

Since then, even though I was caring before, I try to make sure I am even more caring and think about how others feel. And not just think it, but make sure they know it.
I hug more friends when we part, when I was never really a 'hugger'. I felt my cerebral virgo personality often gets in my own way. I am trying.

I think, therefore, I am and can be more.
edit on 18-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It is like the eternal riddle of Schrodinger's Cat: Does the cat exist if you cannot see it?

The cat exists. The riddle is whether the cat is alive or dead.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I think that has been solved. It was like the 'if a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there, does it make a noise'? Not a noise as we know it, because there is no live thing present for a brain to interpret the sound waves. However, it did make some type of 'noise'.

Is the cat there? Yes. There was just no one living there for a brain to interpret the sight, sound, smell.

The cat is there thinking. So it exists. The existence doesn't require a second brain.

edit on 18-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A lot of the time I find it difficult to relate to the feelings of others or the expression of them. I mean bits and pieces surface from time to time but nothing solid.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
I like that about you. We may disagree about certain things, but I do find you to be a genuine, caring, sensative, thoughtful Lady

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I`m always too busy thinking about stuff so I have pre-programmed responses to most of the common questions or comments people make,that way I don`t have to interrupt my train of thought to respond to them.
I automatically go to a pre-programmed response,

them: have a nice day
me; ( preprogrammed response 5,825) thank you, you too. what I`m really thinking is: do I have a 18mm deep well socket for my 1/2 drive rachet?,should I buy one or should a whole set of metric deep well sockets so I don`t waste time looking for the 18mm deep well socket somewhere in my garage.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join