It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shinzo Abe says Japan can have confidence in Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

“I will not go into details or specifics about today’s discussions with president-elect Trump, but I do believe that without confidence between the two nations, our alliance would never function in the future.”

Abe thanked Trump for meeting him while he was shaping his cabinet ahead of his inauguration as US president. “Despite his extremely busy schedule, because of decisions to be made vis-a-vis appointments or other related business, he was kind enough to receive me,” he said. “I renewed my conviction that together with Mr Trump I will be able to establish a relationship of trust.

“As an outcome of today’s discussions, I am convinced Mr Trump is a leader in whom I can have great confidence.”
SOURCE

I think we can all agree that Trump is about the most likable person possible to be POTUS. He has a Midas touch when it comes to communicating. I realize that there's a lot more to foreign relations than that. Let's consider the facts...

Trump got a massive thumbs up from Putin. Trump just got glowing remarks from Shinzo Abe.

Best of all is possibly the following...

Muslim Brotherhood: Trump victory a ‘disaster’
edit on 18-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
To be fair, most world leaders would have said the same thing, routinely, about any incoming American president. It's called diplomacy. You say nice things about the leaders of other countries, except when you're approaching a state of war.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
He has a Midas touch when it comes to communicating.

I love his last line here...

For such a pompous dim-witted hack, I can't deny he really does have an odd way of winning you over a bit. (I'd have voted for neither given the choice, but compared to Hillary I think the US might be ok.)

edit on 18-11-2016 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
There is only one right answer for him to say.. But what he is thinking may be another thing..

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
You do make a good point but Trump is certainly having more positive success with Japanese politicians than with UK politicians. Our politicians are so negative and miserable, still slagging him off at every opportunity with the same boring #. He's a racist, misogynist, wacko etc... with zero examples to back up their claims.

I guess they are still in the mindset... 'if we keep saying this, people will start/continue to believe it'.

new topics

top topics

join