It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the flight over Denver a U.F.O.?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It could also be a very standard survey flight, where they might be collecting data of some kind, weather data, navigation data (ie mapping). Here in the UK I admit they don't usually use wide bodied aircraft and they typically do them at night, but can be just as likely to fly around an airport/base as much as any other place they need to collect data from.

When it comes to planes, you can bet your backside that all our governments prefer we know as little as possible. We've had several local incidents where no information has been revealed, but clearly someone knew these planes were up there, as others have said, you don't fly about an international airport (or air base) without permission.

They scramble supersonic jets out to planes over the sea from the UK when there's even the slightest suspicion of something awry. Post 9/11, you're just not going to get an uncharted plane in this kind of restricted airspace unless it's approved to be there. But still, parallel universe is also fine with me!
edit on 17-11-2016 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

The Mercury doesn't carry that kind of equipment. They knew very well what it was, but they don't talk about their movements because of their mission.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Cool, thanks, so it's that plane doing the things wikipedia says it does then, being an airborne command post and communications relay? en.wikipedia.org...

Case closed then I guess, cos you can speculate its actual mission on this occasion til the cows come home!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

They are running a large force exercise over the Powder River operations area this week. The primary units are B-1s out of Ellsworth, but aircraft from other locations, such as tankers and fighters will be involved too. They may have been flying in support of that. They fly training missions all the time.
edit on 11/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: vlawde

Because they were still broadcasting their transponder. They weren't required to talk to ATC at that point in the flight, but they're still broadcasting their transponder.

Thanks. But wouldn't they then be able to identify more information about the plane with that info?
edit on 11/17/2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Only if the military gives it to them, or the FAA is willing to say. Neither of which is likely with the type of aircraft involved.

It looks like this one is from VQ-3 based out of Tinker AFB Oklahoma.
edit on 11/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Photos and video of a “mysterious” plane circling over Denver are making the rounds. But the aircraft was “just” a U.S. Navy Doomsday plane.

Source
edit on 17-11-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
forums.radioreference.com...

Gussing it’s the E-6B aircraft flying over.
ABC7 photos shows 4 engines and E-6B has 4 engines.
en.wikipedia.org...

“direct path to Oklahoma”

Some of the E-6B fleet is based in Oklahoma.

It was using mode-s code of 249249. One of the E-6B aircraft always used that mode-s miscode.

mil stuff. no worries.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Actually, the HF pods on the wingtips are what gives it away as an E-6.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What's the purpose of this craft?

I'm not being a smart-a I really want to know.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grayghost

When they first entered service they were used to pass orders to submarines. They use an antenna that stretches several miles behind the aircraft to send VLF messages that could reach subs without them having to surface.

In the 90s they added the Looking Glass mission to replace the EC-135. They carry a battle staff that can direct units in combat. They also have the ability to launch nuclear weapons if the ground command posts are knocked out.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And during 9/11 a few hours after the towers fell, many saw this white jumbo jet. no markings on it what-so-ever. Could that have been one of these? A CAC mobile platform to keep the government running during a strike? I saw the video of it live (or re-racked and run) that day.. and was considered a 'mystery plane' as well..

Could it have been one of these? just an older brother of it?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

No. It was an E-4B on 9/11. It was at Andrews AFB that morning. Similar mission, different aircraft.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Pharyax

No. It was an E-4B on 9/11. It was at Andrews AFB that morning. Similar mission, different aircraft.

Ah, yes! With the blue stripe. (And I was wrong, it was over Washington DC, not NY). But when I saw that, I knew WHAT it was for, which worried me about future attacks.. luckily, there were none that day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join