It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix for non-fiction - Curiosity Streams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have always loved science, well, i love the sci-fi genre, about the unknown and a puzzle your mind tricks you to, seeing the world from another narrative than your own subjective mind, but still the same mysteries and puzzles..
--
I found something, well more to it, it was actually "google advertising" , called Curiosity Streams..

CuriosityStream is like a Netflix for documentaries: nothing but videos about the real world, for under $60 a year. CuriosityStream launches with a library of almost 1,000 titles that totals hundreds of hours of content, much of it short form. The site is also working on original videos by commissioning work from companies like the BBC. The ad-free service costs $2.99 per month for standard resolution, the same price point as Vessel, another recent online video subscription service. A subscription for high definition content runs $5.99 per month, and the company has plans to roll out ultra high definition 4K video later this year.

The man behind the Channel John Hendricks says, quote;

"I've always been convinced, and Discovery proved it, there's a big appetite for factual and informational content," Hendricks said in an interview with Mashable. "That's what CuriosityStream is designed to do."

He should know. In 1982, Hendricks founded the company behind the Discovery Channel, one of the first cable channels bringing non-fiction content into the homes of Americans. That company, Discovery Communications, is now valued at about $13.7 billion.

Hendricks retired as chairman of the board of Discovery Communications, which owns 14 cable television channels, in March 2014.

Source

Curiosity Stream
John Hendricks

join