It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones - Prequel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I love the GOT franchise, if i can call it a franchise.. The Narrative of the Books are sometimes sort of sleepy, to much storyline, dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it..but.. R.R. Martin from time to time seems like he is seeking perfection in his world of stories, but i learned the hard way, its the imperfections that makes it human, real and relatable.

HODOR! - Hold the Door - Was for me one of the catching moments of the last season. A great scriptwriting twist, and the creative work behind is nothing but, brilliant..but.. It wasnt R.R. Martins, Georges narrative came from the [Höðr]. A already written narrative from a Prose, mimic a script in a different scenery, is human.

HBO has never made a prequel or spinoff series from one of its scripted hits. But Game of Thrones could change that.

The network’s programming president Casey Bloys confirms HBO is still talking to author George R.R. Martin about ideas for a follow-up to the international Emmy-winning hit series, which is seen by more than 20 million viewers.

“I would say it’s still kind of preliminary ongoing talks,” Bloys replied when asked if he’s zeroed in on a specific idea from Martin’s thousands of years of Westeros history to potentially develop into a new show. “There are areas we are exploring, but I wouldn’t point to any one and say, ‘This is what we’re going to do.’”

It seems like a plane, if it is executable? Only the Gods know.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I'm a massive fan of GoT, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Yes, Martin doesn't write this last season, but he set the tone and pace up until this last season. I'm very surprised at the quality of last season, is as good as any of it so far.

But.............if a prequel is done, they might want to set it in an unfamiliar setting outside of Westeros. After all, we book readers, and to a lesser extent show watchers, know how everything panned out previous to the current timeline.

Gotta admit though, it would be very interesting to see the Battle of the Trident! Would be interesting to see the Robert Baratheon and his warhammer always talked about in the series and books that we never got to see.
edit on 14-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would love to see Rhaegar and Robert at the Trident, or the Targaryen conquest that was so long before the show's time it would feel completely new and different.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
From what I've heard they are in serious talks for a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms AKA Dunk and Egg prequel, but there is also rumors that they might do A Dance of Dragons that covers the Targaryen civil war.

I would be glad to see either.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It would be marvelous if there would be an orange troll with whispy hair. That troll then wins the hearts of westeros and then builds a wall to keep out the immigration of the wicked ice queen and her supporters.

Oh wait...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
All I know is that if it's GoT, I want it. I've run out of books and seasons of the show...and I still want more!!!

I wouldn't mind a series that started at the very beginning, the landings of the first men and the Andals, the battles with the children of the forest leading to the creation of the white walkers...all of it, up to the current storyline.

I'm trying my best to stay occupied with Westworld and Bates Motel, but its just not the same

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

[ Research topic ] Dunk and Egg

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Yes like the Summer Isles. I would love to see a main character of color. No, not a servant translator, or a savage or a ball-less unemotional general. A real charismatic character. Just one. Either way, I'll still watch.
edit on 15-11-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
All I know is that if it's GoT, I want it. I've run out of books and seasons of the show...and I still want more!!!

I wouldn't mind a series that started at the very beginning, the landings of the first men and the Andals, the battles with the children of the forest leading to the creation of the white walkers...all of it, up to the current storyline.

I'm trying my best to stay occupied with Westworld and Bates Motel, but its just not the same

I agree. And with a planned run of at least 30-40 years.

I'm not being sarcastic. I want new GoT episodes until I'm old enough to settle into Murder She Wrote and Wheel of Fortune.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Please take your political crap back to the political threads,it's not wanted here...

On topic~

I would love to see them cover dunk an eggs,just about anything would be awesome. There will be a giant hole in my heart when game of thrones wraps up, so please HBO make this prequel happen!

~meathead

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Please take your political crap back to the political threads,it's not wanted here...

On topic~

I would love to see them cover dunk an eggs,just about anything would be awesome. There will be a giant hole in my heart when game of thrones wraps up, so please HBO make this prequel happen!

~meathead

You seriously cannot take a joke? Wow triggered much?

It's not my fault the similarities between the ice wall and the supposed wall of trump. The thought of a game of thrones prequel sounds horrible. Anything that is going to be relevant to the timeline is already going to be shown on the series that's running now. All the lore that is important should already be explained by the end. The only thing they could possibly show is how and why the wall was built. Nothing else could possibly be interesting enough for them to warrant throwing millions of dollars into an already waning viewer base.

But it's ok there's a safe place for you and all you SJW's. They don't judge North of the wall.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Triggered?

Social justice warrior ?

What the heck are you rambling on about?

I didn't realize asking you to save the politics for political threads was me some how championing social justice ..

I guess you learned two new buzz words and had to use them.

~back on topic~

I would enjoy watching a bran the builder series, he seems like an intriguing character. Then again I wouldn't mind a comedy spinoff "the Bear Island Bunch"

~meathead

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Oooooh, I wouldn't mind a sequel series that followed Lady Lyanna Marmont. She is amazing! And I'm sure her reign would make for interesting storytelling. I mean honestly, how many ten year old girls are totally bad ass island rulers who can make grown men cower with her glare?

top topics

join