It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz: 3D chess or one lucky baboon???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I find the Trump vs Cruz that began during the primaries with attacks on Cruz's wife and father, then ended with Cruz working the Trump phone banks, super interesting...

At first I thought it was a very revealing insite into Trumps character.

Cruz tried to bury the hatchet with Trump at the RNC, but wanted to have it both ways. By not blasting trump but not endorsing him either. He thought he could cozy up to trump while still keeping "I told you so" in his back pocket if trump failed spectacularly.

Well trump orcastrated the most effective WWF type political assassination I have ever seen. Posting supporters in the crowd with orders to start the booing as he did not endorse. Leading to Cruz being literally locked out of the big donor meeting held at the RNC and a flood of criticism from Texas trump supporters.

At first I took it as a negative personality trait. If trump accepts Cruz with open arms with or without his endorsement, then hypothetically. Trump gets all his supporters. So it seemed spiteful to me..he is hurting his presidential chances just to "twist the knife" he put in Cruz.

However now I'm wondering if it isn't 3D chess...

Trump has mostly liberal policies, so what if Trump "knew/thought" he was going to win and needed to set an example for the conservatives who might stand against him...

Conservatives who would be led by Ted Cruz...

For the lAst few years Cruz has been a thorn in the side of the establishment. The base loved him and he was always pretending to be holier than tho. Pointing out any GOP who was willing to compromise with obama as a traitor.

By cutting the head off of Cruz and forcing him bend the knee and kiss the ring. He not only decapitated the opposition leadership but also set an example for any republican who decided to oppose him on his bigovernment policies he has proposed.

So was it a spiteful blunder or 3D chess??

Thoughts??

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

There's something Trump and Cruz have in common, it's their large Wall Street Hedge-fund Billionaire donor, Robert Mercer. Mercer was one of the first billionaires to take advantage of Super Pacs when Citizens United was born. He supported Cruz until Trump got the nomination and when that happened he went to Trump and bought him. Cruz at that time still didn't endorse Trump and was very vocal about it but when Daddy Mercer told Cruz it's time to support Trump or find a new donor, well...

edit on 14-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I won't speak to the "Posting supporters in the crowd bit".... because I don't think that was necessary at that time.

That being said.... Ted Cruz for Supreme Court. I could live with that. I wouldn't be head-over-heels thrilled.... but I could live with that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Do you believe in the separation of church and state?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Good point made but I think it has more to do with Trump wanting to win against everybody. As it worked out Cruz was his last competition so he strategies against him like he does everyone else. Draws your flaw. For the world to see. Lyin Ted, crooked hillary, little Marco sweating like a pig, Bush no energy. Once he makes these references it's almost impossible to see these people again without the stigma he places on them. So with Cruz being the last nail he just hit him a little harder than the rest.
Now, your point in him making long term moves in advance to alter the party in his favor? Not sure he thought about it like that.
Main reason I think he felt like once he beats all their nominees and went after Ted's truthfulness who's left to oppose him? The party wants a winner after all.
All he had to do was keep on keepin on. But your pov could be another way to see it.
edit on 14-11-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes, I do.

I also think that a Supreme Court Justice should do their best to base their findings on the written word of the constitution/amendments.... rather than be "activist judges."

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I won't speak to the "Posting supporters in the crowd bit".... because I don't think that was necessary at that time.

That being said.... Ted Cruz for Supreme Court. I could live with that. I wouldn't be head-over-heels thrilled.... but I could live with that.

It was reported he had the RNC staffers start the booing.

He had to ensure people booed, you couldn't leave that to chance.. however once the booing started the mOb was going to join in.

Then Trump walks in as soon as the booing starts and every camera swings to him and his family scowling.

It really was perfectly orcastrated..

link   

Have you ever heard the man speak? And people think Trumps scary?

link   

I believe that Government worship that we see out of the progressive left is a form of religion and should be restricted

edit on 14-11-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem And if the left keeps crying, we will stick Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, and Pat Robertson on the supreme court. Houzz that grab yuh?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

Have you ever heard the man speak? And people think Trumps scary?

I'm not exaggerating here... Quite literally the scariest thing I've heard out of any politician in the twenty or so years I've been paying attention.... was when the sitting President, in regards to an alleged "do nothing congress" or an alleged "party of no," said..."I have a pen and a phone."

That was scarier than hearing about "banning people from entering the country from war-torn areas that can't be vetted."

That was (a tiny bit) scarier than hearing "we have to pass the bill so you can see what is in it."

"I have a pen and a phone." So regardless of the traditional means and methods of enacting policy... if it was too difficult to get his way he would, like a dictator of days long gone by, just declare it so.

In that context... you simply asked me if I ever heard the man speak?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Would it be a problem if conservatives justices overturned abortion and gay marriage or no?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Gov't worship? No, more like people who want gov't to provide basic human rights, like healthcare. They also want to end wars and the MIC.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Would it be a problem if conservatives justices overturned abortion and gay marriage or no?

Would it be a problem if liberal justices determined that anyone that hunts, shoots, kills and eats a deer is guilty of cruelty to animals?

Would it be a problem if anyone that grows their own crops to feed their family is guilty of stealing nourishment from the Earth that belongs to everyone?

Your M.O. here seems to be not much more than asking (in my opinion) absurd questions. So, I'll return the favor. We can go tit-for-tat as long as you like... (until I get bored, that is).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you believe in the separation of church and state?

*snort* Considering how many Catholics and Jews are already on SCOTUS, you apparently only care when it suits you.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gays dont have abortions. Just cuz they have a sex change doesnt mean they can get pregnant too. The colon cannot take the place of a mothers whomb

edit on 14-11-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Its about time for Judge Bader to go. Theres at least 2 spots that can be filled with some good choices. We can, as Bill clinton famously once said " givem the Litmus test first" LOL!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Yes, I do.

I also think that a Supreme Court Justice should do their best to base their findings on the written word of the constitution/amendments.... rather than be "activist judges."

Then that kills the second amendment..

It wasn't interpreted as a right for individual citizens to be armed till like the 1970s...

And there are loads of court decisions that back that up.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

There's something Trump and Cruz have in common, it's their large Wall Street Hedge-fund Billionaire donor, Robert Mercer. Mercer was one of the first billionaires to take advantage of Super Pacs when Citizens United was born. He supported Cruz until Trump got the nomination and when that happened he went to Trump and bought him. Cruz at that time still didn't endorse Trump and was very vocal about it but when Daddy Mercer told Cruz it's time to support Trump or find a new donor, well...

To be fair, I'm not sure that the Mercedrs "own" trump..

I'm. It sure anyone does.

They definitely own Cruz...

Contrary to popular belief the most of the big donors don't care about the social issues.. they just use them to motivate and control really the evangelical GOP base.

So I wouldn't be surprised if trump was a chance to cut loose the social stuff that scares off a lot of people.

They still get their tax cuts and deregulation but without the baggage that comes from abortion and gay rights.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Would it be a problem if liberal justices determined that anyone that hunts, shoots, kills and eats a deer is guilty of cruelty to animals?

Would it be a problem if anyone that grows their own crops to feed their family is guilty of stealing nourishment from the Earth that belongs to everyone?

Your M.O. here seems to be not much more than asking (in my opinion) absurd questions. So, I'll return the favor. We can go tit-for-tat as long as you like... (until I get bored, that is).

The difference is you could literally live your whole life and never actually meet a liberal who thought any of those things... I would be surprised if there were more than 6 actual real life people that agree with that and 99% of US citizens would prob agree that is what you call mental illness lol...

However if you randomly throw a rock you just might hit a pro life make America a cristin nation conservative. That is the opinion of what? At least 40% -50% of the GOP base right?

The right creates these cartoon liberals who want to "free all the animals and let's all marry goats" , but no one has ever personally met one...

While the cartoon version of a young earth conservative is not all that uncommon amongst republicans..

edit on 15-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join