It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Wake of the Election, Many are Wearing Safety Pins in Silent Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: roadgravel
This is a reflection of the fact that a Trump win has left a good part of your population feeling vulnerable. The level of discourse on this thread merely confirms their fears. I wouldn't be feeling too proud of that.

No, what has left so many inhysteria is the strawman they have created of what they imagined their political opposition to be. Then the media told them over and over that there really weren't that many of him so they started to feel arrogant and superior and started swinging around their invective. Then the results of the election revealed the lie to them.

At that point, they had a choice: realize they'd been lying to themselves all along becaue roughly half the population can't actually be the horrid caricature strawmen they'd been so afraid of -or- double down and refuse to believe they'd been lying all along and denirating a good number of blameless people.

You can see teh result. It wears a safety pin.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Abysha

Seems any form of resistance from wild protest in the streets to quiet symbols worn on ones clothes is still too much for the people who believe that we should just bend over and 'take it " without a wimper.

For so many years the Right has stated that the Left is weak, they don't fight back, they just bend over and take it.

So, now, when the Left says "we aren't gonna be quiet and take it" - - - they get thrashed for standing up and fighting back.

Guess what Right - - - your problem.

Then "the left" probably should figure out screaming about the EC is the wrong move and go storm the DNC for screwing Bernie over and placing the neocon in liberals clothing, Clinton. MANY of us would have voted for a Dem with some decent ideas rather than Trump. Id prefer a candidate with a real solution to a scorched earth method of effecting change.We wont switch to mob rule over a republic for a few safety pins and protests.. or even a revolt. There WAS a chance to make serious change in this country.. the DNC let you down and used you. Be angry with trump and the right all you want.. but lets get real about where the real anger should be placed. The Clintons screwed you and all of us out of another option.. a real option.
My opinion anyway...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

It appears to be:

Ah screw it. Give him a go, if he messes it up, we will deal with him when he's already ruined millions of lives, scuppered the economy even more, took a fat dump on the constitution and buried his detractors under the foundations of his wall...

I would have added divided the nation and increased tensions between demographics to ridiculous levels by inflaming said tensions for political gain, but we are well past that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That should be happening...

...as well, not instead.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Seems any form of resistance from wild protest in the streets to quiet symbols worn on ones clothes is still too much for the people who believe that we should just bend over and 'take it " without a wimper.

For so many years the Right has stated that the Left is weak, they don't fight back, they just bend over and take it.

So, now, when the Left says "we aren't gonna be quiet and take it" - - - they get thrashed for standing up and fighting back.

So you are rioting?

In teh end, how does that work toward your goals?

We stood up and we fought. We started teh TEA Party. It began with protests but moved quickly into setting the Republican Party on its ear, and you see the results. It took years. And no cities were destroyed along the way.

I also note these protets are taking place largely in large blue meccas, not states with heavy gun rights for the most part.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So you are rioting?

In teh end, how does that work toward your goals?

We stood up and we fought. We started teh TEA Party. It began with protests but moved quickly into setting the Republican Party on its ear, and you see the results. It took years. And no cities were destroyed along the way.

I also note these protets are taking place largely in large blue meccas, not states with heavy gun rights for the most part.

Yes, well the Republicans left me with the Neo-Cons.

I was a Republican for 40 years. I am not ignorant of how the Right thinks.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It is the Trump supporters who are vulnerable and under attack by violent mobs.

The safety pin means you are safe from persecution.

It is actually a way for the proven violent attackers to identify who is not conforming to their little peer pressure fad so they they can ostracize, attack and beat the people not wearing a pin.

Especially young people in schools who have already been violently attacked for being seen as Trump supporters.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I hadn't thought of it like that, but yeah if you ain't got the pin then you hatin' n racin'
Almost psy-op tactics when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's not about how the right thinks. It`s about how to achieve what you want politicially.

The Democrats are weak abd now is the time to turn your energy in and start taking over that party from the ground up. It`s what happened to the Republicans. You can do it too.

The only other alternative is to actually start a war to try to overthrow the entire government, but I don`t see your lefties as having the staying power. You can cause chaos, but the real fight hasn't even begun yet. For one thing, no one is actually shooting back.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The only other alternative is to actually start a war to try to overthrow the entire government, but I don`t see your lefties as having the staying power. You can cause chaos, but the real fight hasn't even begun yet. For one thing, no one is actually shooting back.

Seeing as how the left is mostly anti-gun, they will most likely find themselves outgunned!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am fond of America and its people, so I certainly wish you all good fortune in the days to come.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I am fond of America and its people, so I certainly wish you all good fortune in the days to come.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Good on ya dude

There's not enough popcorn in all the world though

(warning: contains lots of bad language tantrums and crying)

edit on 14-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Safety pins, the mark of the loser.

I like it, interestingly I have no seen any person in my neck of the woods wearing one, oops I forgot I live in a Red state.

edit on 14-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I just became aware of this recently. I am going to watch for one. I think I'll see zero though.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Lol I would agree more with you "ignorant foreigner" (which you really aren't!), than other ignorant or dangerous (or both) foreigners I can think of.

I don't know how long you have been watching from across the border, but I saw too many "God fearing", flag pin wearing Republicans over the years who neither feared God nor cared for what the US flag represented. Purity and innocence destroyed by war, hardiness and valor devalued as they avoided wars themselves by sending everyone else but them to fight, justice changed to justice for "just us" not all.

Eight "Red" states wanted to secede after the 2012 election, along with a sizable portion of flag wavers.

From a 1930s quote .....

Hearst and Coughlin are the two chief exponents of fascism in America. If fascism comes, it will not be identified with any "shirt" movement, nor with an "insignia," but it will probably be "wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What is there to protest? You lost the election.

Trump is not the prison/pedophile/murder candidate. That would be Hillary.

If Hillary was nominated then you would have a valid law abiding reason to protest, instead of protesting that you just got out voted.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if the people wearing these safety pins are being trolled and too blind to realize it. I mean WTF? A safety pin?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I will too, after all I am a minority latina, and while I appreciated the support, I wonder, support for what, I don't see Trump been president as a threat my safety at all, I'm informed enough to see the lies and crap of the character assignation that has been going on against Trump before and after the election.

edit on 14-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Eight "Red" states wanted to secede after the 2012 election, along with a sizable portion of flag wavers.

But, its not because Obama is black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join