It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Donald J. Trump Will Probably Not Accept the $400K Presidential Salary.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I flagged the OP because that's a noble gesture on Trump's part and I can appreciate that.

But no star for you because I didn't appreciate the jabs at our fellow Americans. Not just because it was petty and unnecessary, but because it cheapens Trump's gesture.

Sore winners are no better or worse than sore losers. It only makes one a willing pawn in the divide-and-conquer game, and therefore a soldier for the PTB.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That's an interesting perspective.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 12, 2016

To the relief of SORE LOSERS who are exclaiming, "Donald Trump is not My President!", it appears that President Trump will not accept the $400,000 Presidential salary. Maybe knowing that their tax dollars are not paying "evil" Donald Trump's salary, will ease their pain somewhat?

EXCERPT:

""In addition, he promised last year that he would refuse to take a salary as president, too.

During a campaign appearance in Rochester, New Hampshire, last October, the billionaire told a crowd he would not be accepting the $400,000 annual salary if he became president.

“The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s not a big deal for me.”"

FULL STORY: www.msn.com...

-cwm
I think $1.6 million actually is considered a substantial amount of money to someone with two billion in net assets. However, I'm not convinced Trump's assets really are worth more than about $400 million in hard capital. If I had to guess I'd say $400 million is what he can sell his assets for, which would make his $1.6 million substantial.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much of a choice he has. Part of being president is not having access to your personal finances etc... Now, he may just make a running tab for his expenses and such that are not already covered by taxpayers, but he won't be able to rely on his corporate income. Besides, $400k is a good bit too much anyway for a public servant.

Maybe he'll approve the lessening of all the extras that former presidents get (where Obama wouldn't).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Probably best for his Tax situation that he doesn't pay any of.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
not accepting a salary shouldn`t surprise anyone, trump isn`t in it for the money,or the political legacy, he truly wants to make America great again.

when will you folks understand that he isn`t a politician so his motives and way of doing things will be much different than what you are accustomed to seeing from the career politicians in the swamp.

he wants to make America great again and he really believes that he can do it.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. The man loves money so if he's turning this down that means other interests are providing him avenues to make even more money. I'm sure there's nothing shady about them avenues at all...

He said he has more money than he could ever spend in a lifetime.

What's the point in getting richer when you can't even spend it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Swills

We all love money. Trump is a billionaire. 400,000 is chump change compared to what his companies make. His children inherets the business and daddy moves on to bigger and grander things, like he has said, money isn't an issue and I believe him.

Why has he so much debt then?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. The man loves money so if he's turning this down that means other interests are providing him avenues to make even more money. I'm sure there's nothing shady about them avenues at all...

Oh get over it already....HE WON!!
Your queen took a dump, she is exponentially more shady than Trump and what is outrageous, you Hillary drones still don't get it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Too bad this conman refuses to produce his taxes. I'm sure he's not trying to hide anything...

Still going down the lonely taxes road?
The electorate didn't care about his taxes and you shouldn't either....HE WON
DOnt you have a protest to go to?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Founding Fathers would be proud of Trump and the American people for electing someone that has never held office or been a General.

A common citizen like they envisioned.

Not taking the salary is icing on the cake and I'm sure it will go to his fav charities.

And seriously, any decent former potus would not have to worry about money.

Maybe he will buy his own B-1 after he's done. I would.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I actually disagree with him not taking it, because I have an issue with lower tier politicians who do the same things. For example, it's popular for Mayors to include in their campaign that they won't accept a salary, in theory lowering everyones taxes. The problem is that unless you're independently wealthy, you need to have an income. If you set the precedent that a political office won't be providing an income, then you're saying that people who need an income are ineligible for the office.

In a society where we can all run for public office, that's a bad requirement to create.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
The Founding Fathers would be proud of Trump and the American people for electing someone that has never held office or been a General.

A common citizen like they envisioned.
Maybe he will buy his own B-1 after he's done. I would.

that doesn't sound so common, anyway, he has a jet...like the rest of us.

Oh! and besides, a common man was not really what the framers considered, one reason,(but not all) why they set up the electoral vote system in the first place, and of course Democracy is not mentioned in the constitution since it was a dirty word to most if not all of them. Neither did they envisage a party system, (nowhere does the Constitution mention political parties) So, regardless of the difficulties of geographics and little states etc, they did want to ensure a man of high standing, and calibre, in fact the electors themselves were sought to be men of standing, and be able to demonstrate the intellect, with a knowledge of who could be a good president, connections and all that would entail, that would again raise the bar for the qualities of the prospective president himself. Notably, George Washinton was the first president, and a federalist sympathiser...a pretty elitist bunch really giving the federal government the strength it has today.
Methinks times have changed in an ironic kind of way, since most of the politicians are obstensibly career people, but many of them are the common people, not all, but still they are the ones who get most criticised these days...by the common people.

edit on 12-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Good PR there for President Elect Trump , he does not Really Need the " Chump Change " . That 400 K a Year could be put to better use by Helping Reduce the National Debt .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Good PR there for President Elect Trump , he does not Really Need the " Chump Change " . That 400 K a Year could be put to better use by Helping Reduce the National Debt .

Nothing is preventing him from accepting the salary, and then sending it to the IRS to apply to the debt.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Nothing is preventing him from accepting the salary, and then sending it to the IRS to apply to the debt.

Maybe they were looking for it already, but keeping schtum under the circumstances!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Look at how much the founding fathers took in as pay. Maybe we are on to something here with this Trump dude. I mean old George was fairly wealthy and had the biggest distillery I believe in the states at that time.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
By not accepting a salary he's technically volunteering. If we as his employers are not paying him, technically one could argue he owes us nothing...

I'm not sure I like those implications...

Only Donald trump could refuse to take peoples money and have it be used against him!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Puppylove
By not accepting a salary he's technically volunteering. If we as his employers are not paying him, technically one could argue he owes us nothing...

I'm not sure I like those implications...

Only Donald trump could refuse to take peoples money and have it be used against him!

He's taken plenty of other people's money in his foundation and used it for himself as a slush fund for his business, in fact he should be under investigation currently. However the IRS is not like the FBI, you'll hear nothing about it until the investigation is complete.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join