It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israel to wage psychological warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Israeli army has activated a Psychological Warfare Unit (PSU) in an attempt to influence public opinion in Israel and Palestine. Thier influence may also extend to other countries in the Middle East as well. The unit, which was disbanded 5 years ago, is comprised of Arabic speaking intelligence officers. As early as last year Moshe Yaalon, the Israeli Chief of Staff, spoke of the need to impress upon the Palestinians that resistance is futile.

english.aljazeera.net
The Israeli army has decided to activate a special unit skilled in waging information warfare and influencing Israeli and Palestinian public opinion, reports say.

The Psychological Warfare Unit (PWU) will also disseminates "disinformation" and "carefully manipulated information" about Iran and other hostile and potentially hostile countries in the Middle East.

According to Israeli press sources, the unit, which was disbanded nearly five years ago, is staffed with dozens of mostly Arabic-speaking intelligence
officers as well as Shin Bet (Israel's domestic intelligence agency) operatives.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not surprised that there are psych-ops planned for the area. I am surprised that they disbanded the unit 5 years ago though. Israel is very very active in this arena. In the U.S. one only has to look as far as AIPAC, the Israeli lobby. They exert huge amounts of influence over politicians in a way that would make the NRA jealous. However, this type of operation can easily backfire, and I would be interested in seeing why the unit was disbanded in the first place, and what has changed that they feel its tenable again.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It seema rather curious to me that the unit was disbanded 5 years ago and then violence between the two groups picked up again not too long after. Maybe it was this unit that was keeping the area calm.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Have'nt they been doing that ,like forever..!! Just when they should show the world that they 'really' want peace.Abbas is doing all he can,and tell you something else,Assad is doing dealings in Russia to buy Nuks as we speaK..
So there's gonna have to be a change in their startegy for the better,if they want to put the 'Horrors' of the WWII behind them,or else !! the rivers will not run red but dry!!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Israeli embassy in Moscow has called on the Russian authorities to respond toughly to all acts of anti-Semitism and xenophobia.
It follows a letter signed by members of the Russian parliament calling on the authorities to close down Jewish organisations across Russia.
The letter - since withdrawn - accused Jewish groups of fomenting ethnic hatred and fuelling anti-Semitism.
It was published by the Rus Pravoslavnaya nationalist newspaper.
The newspaper claims that the letter was signed by 500 academics and intellectuals and by 19 members of Russia's lower house of parliament, the Duma.
It called for Jewish organisations to be investigated and closed down, condemning Judaism as anti-Christian, even linking the religion to ritual murder.

Excuse me,but did'nt the Russian's get to their rescue first in awshuitz..how could you call your saviour a xenophobe,it would be like the Iraqi's turn and call the Americans ,Dictartors..now that's debatable right ! ..emm

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
These devils never cease to amaze me.

May the Sword of Cosmic Justice smite The Synagoge of Satan; and soon.

Again; these European Zionists are not real Semites.

Arabs however are Semites.

So it looks like the Israelis(not Israelites) are the real Anti-Semitic ones.

top topics

join