It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Check out Foster-Miller Inc.'s latest Golems. The Geteit-Chemosit. Heartless, mindless killers that can pursue you up stairs, down tunnels, in the daylight or dark, and shoot you. Accurately. Rapidly. Terminally.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'transhumanist uploads'...

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can you put a link to the article/whatever?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sorry for the general link, Chris. Click on this link to go directly to the Talon page. These combat robots are shipping out to Iraq.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have seen information on the Talon robot before but didnt know it could be fitted with a Barrett 50-caliber rifle
Thats some nice firepower.

I think if these robots can save one US life they are worth it. Better to send a robot into a building of hostiles then a 18 year old kid.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Its still a good idea to not to develop robots like this that could think and fight for themselves though. So its not really a ''robot'' its a souped up remote control car

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
what he said. still a step up though, any way to minimise our casualties while increasing theirs

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone know where I could see some "FIGHTING ROOSTER's"!
One's that have RED GLOVES on their WINGS!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Its still a good idea to not to develop robots like this that could think and fight for themselves though. So its not really a ''robot'' its a souped up remote control car

You are correct unless its autonomous its technically not a robot. Most current robots are not even as smart as a cockroach so its not good idea to arm them and send them looking for targets on their own yet.

The mechanical part of robots is all set the brains are lagging behing though. Give them 20 years and they will be ready to go.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ahh.. the SHADOW "storm trooper"!

Nice look almost looks like BUBBA FET!

Do you live on a DARK STAR!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
RED BULL will give you the wings your looking for!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Ahh.. the SHADOW "storm trooper"!

Nice look almost looks like BUBBA FET!

Do you live on a DARK STAR!

Nah I live at DARPA
its going to be the in military fashion in 2025

BTW Boba Fett is the man

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

The mechanical part of robots is all set the brains are lagging behing though. Give them 20 years and they will be ready to go.

In that case, I am sincerely dreading what they will be like in 20 years, I am really against artificial life, its just........wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nice.. Amagine if they were more like those seen in I-Robot though. Humans, right now, are better foot soldiers. We're more agile, we can handle a gun well, and we can think independently (most of us).

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

In that case, I am sincerely dreading what they will be like in 20 years, I am really against artificial life, its just........wrong.

Nobody is saying it will be self aware in 20 years only as fast as the human brain. Are you against using a computer a few million times faster then the one your on now?

Some people are doubtful if machines will ever be self aware but if it does happen why are against it some religous reason or scared some evil "skynet" will be born.

If it can be done someone will do it and self aware Machines should be given the rights we give to any intelligent lifeform. We are just organic machines to treat them any different because they are non organic would be racist IMO. Just as bad as treating blacks as less then human or slaves in the past.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of the "Land Warrior Stryker Battalions"?
These will be the way of the near future... They will then be replaced with
Future-Force 2025, then they will then incorporate more advanced UGCV's (Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicles). But it will be a long time, if at all, when humans are completely removed from the battle-feild.

But anything in the future is not set, the whole planet could be destroyed
by a nuclear holocaust at just about any time.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I dont think its wrong because of some religious reason (im not religious) but if we build them and give them intelligence, how can we trust them? If we make them our rubbish men and personal ''slaves'' will they think they are being taken for granted and fight back.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Everyones seen Terminator... I dont think scientists would be stupid enough to alow them to be artificially intelligent and independant and there would most definately be a fall-out system intergrated into them for just such an incedent.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So they make Fig Newtons too? I wouldn't trust a robot to my safety. I could see it getting hacked or running out of Newton Power.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I wouldn't trust a robot to my safety. I could see it getting hacked...

This is interesting... Can computer guided missiles be hacked aswell?

top topics

join