It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A to war with North Korea...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Me and my brother were talking about this the other day. What it would be like if the US went to war with North Korea? That was the question asked. We both came to a conclusion that it would destroy the world because of their powerful techonology they have. And plus, wouldnt they be importing from Japan or China ? We all know they have better technology than the US. The only thing I would really be afraid of is a nuclear holocaust. Their advanced weapons and vast amounts of people out number us by alot. What are you guys' opinions on this ?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They would probably devestate South Korea, but I don't they'd be able to attack the mainland U.S. although maybe they do have one or two nuclear missles ready that could attack the U.S. northwest.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
And plus, wouldnt they be importing from Japan or China ? We all know they have better technology than the US. The only thing I would really be afraid of is a nuclear holocaust. Their advanced weapons and vast amounts of people out number us by alot. What are you guys' opinions on this ?

First N korea aint importing anyting from Japan.

Better tech then the US where did you get
China basically copies anything they can get there hands on, not the actions of people with better tech. N Korea with advanced weapons were did you come up with that one too? S Korea has much better tech they could likely take the North by themselves.

and the population the US has 10times as many people as N Korea.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They would probably devestate South Korea, but I don't they'd be able to attack the mainland U.S. although maybe they do have one or two nuclear missles ready that could attack the U.S. northwest.

If I had to take a guess, it would be that both of those missiles are aimed at us right now, left and right side of the U.S. They are going to end up getting PO'd at us later for something stupid. That communist over there is crazy in the first place. Im sure he'll find a stupid reason to start was with us.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Whooping North Korea's butt isn't the issue, it's the aftermath that is the problem. The South is terrified at the thought of 30 million refugees destroying its prosperity (think East Germany) The North has no industry or infrastructure and its agriculture has been destroyed by flooding brought on by poor farming techniques. Remember also that after generations of only knowing what the Kims wanted them to know, the entire country would be severely psychologically scarred when the reality of the outside world is made clear to them. (You mean Dear Leader DIDN'T invent opera and tractors??)

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
creamsoda - are you sure you're not from north korea? You seem to be impressed by north korea, but at the same time critical.

War with north korea would be unfortunate and most likely lead to destablization of the entire region if not more. Who wants to go to war? Americans don't want war, although I know there are a lot of conspiracy theories about alternate motivations (ex.oil, money,etc....). Why does north korea insist on obtaining humanitarian help by being bullies.

Long story short - north korea launches a nuke or perceived nuke, the nuke is shot down. America (without hesitation) launches a massive strike and takes out every major city or military complex in north korea. Game over.... estimated duration, aprx 3 days. The worst problem with this scenario is the destablization factor. Russia would probably be pissed.

I doubt the U.S. would ever attempt a ground invasion of north korea. Too expensive.

Wouldn't you think north korea should be more concerned with its people and their livelyhood than to have to try and pick a fight to keep thier image up?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well I hear that their leader is a really weired person, hes power hungry

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
heh

for one the US wont start # with north korea because of one: japan wont help us because they only fight if attacked. two: china might come to north korea's aid and thats no good sence they have the largest military in the world.

it would have to be the doing of the north for the US to start kicking ass over there.

new topics

top topics

join