It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-27 F-16 dog fight near Groom Lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Google Earth keeps deleting the Power Line Overlook coordinates from the "community."

Coordinates are N37 27 32.38 W115 25 25.69

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The Su-27s that I have seen over the years around Groom Lake have been sky blue colour with white nose radome, maybe different airframes, who knows!

September-2014 around 1500 I watched a Su-27 near Power Line Overlook with a F-15 and 2x F-16s, at high level.

This one from April-2012 was dogfighting with a F-15 soon after dawn, finishing at 0700, in an area to the Southwest of Windmill Ridge i.e. Southeast of Groom Lake.
3.bp.blogspot.com...

This one from 2003 was viewed from Tikaboo Peak and flew for 40 minutes north-south along the valley between Tikaboo and Groom Lake before pulling up to medium level and landing at Groom Lake on runway 14, parking in the ('Red Hats') hangars at the northern end of the base (the ramp where the F-16s park and south of the helicopter pads).
3.bp.blogspot.com...
2.bp.blogspot.com...

The quality is poor but I have the original videotape and audio....will make it a New Year's resolution to sort that out.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spongthrush

As a reference, Windmill Ridge is about 36 miles north east of the base. More east than north.

The April 2012 dogfight location might be where I spotted the Groom Lake F-16, basically the area around the Tikaboo parking area. That would be the south side of Coyote Bravo.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join