It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Vagabond Goes To Washington!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've been doing some thinking lately.
I'm smarter than everyone I know.

I'm a half decent leader

I love to argue

I can talk for hours on end.

I will do whatever I have to to win.
I drink more than Ted Kennedy

And I have a military record of sorts.

AND... Accomplishing nothing is second nature to me.:bnghd:

I'm gonna run for congress!
The scarry thing is, I'm serious about this. I think ATS should be a congressional district unto itself, but if we can't get that accomplished before I'm ready to run (2014 I'm guessing) then I'll run from back home in Palm Springs- playground of presidents and seat of California's most conservative district.

Why would anybody want a vagabond in office?
1. I can manage my finances. I would stomp congress' guts out for the stupid stuff they've been budgeting. They've been glittering up each service's uniforms, buying most of the goods from China, and they can't even afford body armor for our troops!
2. I put my budget where it counts. We're over-funding oil wars when we could move off of fossil fuels and create jobs my modernizing our infrastructure. Pay the working people ahead of Dick Cheney or I'll stomp your guts out!
3. I could try really hard to explain to the rest of the politicians that compromise means not demanding everything. I'd get them to make headway on Korean re-unification and Palestinian statehood or I'd stomp their guts out.
4. Just take a wild guess what I would do if I couldn't get the Patriot Act reformed.

5. I'd stomp the guts out of the political right until I'd established working man's conservatism. Pro-labor, pro-opportunity, perhaps very mildly progressive in some ways, but a real pain in the butt about responsible accounting and strong immigration/foreign policy (perferably not based on massive invasions when avoidable though- that gets expensive!)

OK, anyway... i'm taking staff applications and am willing to discuss my platform. Campaign donations are also being accepted.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

That's enough to disqualify you right there!!

I'll stay tuned for more info.................

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by The Vagabond

That's enough to disqualify you right there!!

I'll stay tuned for more info.................

Maybe that's only because everyone I know or am related to is a complete moron. That would make me perfect for the job!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hell Vagabond, I'll support your congressional run based on 2 reasons:

a)You're posts are of good quality.

b)An ATS representative is gotta be the first step in the right direction since, well........er, um......ever!!

top topics

join