I've been doing some thinking lately.
I'm smarter than everyone I know.
I'm a half decent leader
I love to argue
I can talk for hours on end.
I will do whatever I have to to win.
I drink more than Ted Kennedy
And I have a military record of sorts.
AND... Accomplishing nothing is second nature to me.:bnghd:
I'm gonna run for congress!
The scarry thing is, I'm serious about this. I think ATS should be a congressional district unto itself, but if we can't get that accomplished
before I'm ready to run (2014 I'm guessing) then I'll run from back home in Palm Springs- playground of presidents and seat of California's most
Why would anybody want a vagabond in office?
1. I can manage my finances. I would stomp congress' guts out for the stupid stuff they've been budgeting. They've been glittering up each
service's uniforms, buying most of the goods from China, and they can't even afford body armor for our troops!
2. I put my budget where it counts. We're over-funding oil wars when we could move off of fossil fuels and create jobs my modernizing our
infrastructure. Pay the working people ahead of Dick Cheney or I'll stomp your guts out!
3. I could try really hard to explain to the rest of the politicians that compromise means not demanding everything. I'd get them to make headway on
Korean re-unification and Palestinian statehood or I'd stomp their guts out.
4. Just take a wild guess what I would do if I couldn't get the Patriot Act reformed.
5. I'd stomp the guts out of the political right until I'd established working man's conservatism. Pro-labor, pro-opportunity, perhaps very mildly
progressive in some ways, but a real pain in the butt about responsible accounting and strong immigration/foreign policy (perferably not based on
massive invasions when avoidable though- that gets expensive!)
OK, anyway... i'm taking staff applications and am willing to discuss my platform. Campaign donations are also being accepted.