It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations/NWO is Mystery Babylon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was reading Revelation last night and I started wondering what if the UN is Mystery Babylon. Here's the Biblical description:

1One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

3Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
9“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. 11The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.
15Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God's words are fulfilled. 18The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Practically all of the governments in the world are involved with the UN and have given up some national soverignty to it already, so could that fulfill "With her the kings of the earth committed adultery" especially going forward into the NWO? As more scandals, especially the oil-for-food scandal, come to light it is becoming clear that "inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries." The UN has sat idly by while christians worldwide, especially in Africa are being murdered for their beliefs..."the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus." All of these trends could be on the rise as we move towards the NWO.

Seven is an important number here, there have been seven UN Secretary Generals so far, maybe Bill Clinton is the eighth, the beast?

The tower of Babel was in ancient Babylon, the tower created by the peoples when they could talk to each other in the same language. I've heard the United Nations compared to a modern-day Tower of Babel.

The last part I quoted here would lead me to believe that the UN is being used to bring about the NWO and the end times but then will be destroyed by those who used it.

[edit on 1/25/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I mean the UN is in NYC, NY. They have that weird mediation room. They talk about being viruses and how trusting (not trying to be offensive) blacks world wide to their services than other whites. They want a one world religion, one world currency, and if you read books at the libary on different countries, they basicly control everything there, even the PM or President. And then you have them all looking "Perfect" in American Social Studies books. So yeah, I totally agree with you. Plus, they control all of the world's money and do a heck of a lot of goldsmithing to the public around the world. Down with the UN and UNSECO, down!
UNSECO scares me, all that power. Dude.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Does the UN rule Babylon, Iraq? No. The US does (food for thought).

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

The identity of Mystery Babylon is not related to the land of ancient Babylon. Anyway, the US no longer "rules" Iraq, soverignty was returned a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have always thought this since I discovered The Illuminati, NWO ect...

It all came to mind because before discovering The Illuminati ect, I had read revelation many times. I instanly connected the dots and realized, The Illuminati, better yet the whole NWO is Babylon the Great. Its clear as day that it is.

I also remember reading a little bit from a book on amazon.com about how The Illuminati is Babylon. Interesting theory, I think we are on to something here...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Chakotay

The identity of Mystery Babylon is not related to the land of ancient Babylon. Anyway, the US no longer "rules" Iraq, soverignty was returned a long time ago.

Oh, sorry, I should have known Babylon has nothing to do with Babylon. And that one's sovereignty is not compromised by, well, not having sovereignty. I love religious nuts- they're so tasty. Mmmm.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes the U.N. is evil. And there one world ideas are being put into place. i feel as is they are pushing the views for a one world government even faster these days since thye E.U. (european union) has more than one vote now.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

5This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

This makes me think of how the early christian community was competeing with eastern mystery cults, such as the mithras cult, the isis cult and even the elusian mystery cult (which supposedly had a rite at the culmination of which a stalk of wheat was raised to the communal audience, not unlike the eucharist). The mystery babylon being the religions, the kings consorting with it for power meaning that they collaborated with the mystery cults and the prostitutes and abominations, well, lots of stuff is an abomination in old jewish law, undoubtedly anyone even considereing it would think a lot of what went on in the ancient roman world an abomination, and apparently 'temple prostitutes', whom you pay for sex as a sort of 'holy communion' with the divine, were popular. The drunk on the blood of the saints, well, the early christians seemed to use 'saint' for something other than 'St. Nicholas St so and so', might refer to being happy about a persecution of christians. The supposed author of revelation was a victim, an exile, of the persecution, couldn't have been too happy about it.

Just a thought anyways.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i really think the NWO is just the Old World Order banker-financier families. ...The UN was set up to stop them after the Bank of International Settlement fiasco in WWII - so they infiltrated, coopted and sabotaged the UN. ...Looks to me like the UN is just a pawn - getting pulled back and forth between the NWO and democracy...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just read about this in the news thread about the Ark of the Covenant, and it really shocked me. This is proof that the UN is blaspheming God:

Incredibly the Ark of the Covenant has a pretender.

With the blessings of the United Nations, a bizarre ark knock-off, carried through Vermont farm fields and sailed by sloop to UN Manhattan headquarters, has been making the rounds as a show-and-tell exercise at public schools. Called the Ark of Hope, the replica carries, among other things, the Earth Charter, a replacement for the Ten Commandments as advocated by former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev and Kofi Annan right hand man, Maurice Strong.

The Earth Charter is "an international peoples’ treaty for building a just, sustainable and peaceful global society in the 21st century". (Philologos Bible Prophecy Research).

www.canadafreepress.com...

More info from the Ark of Hope's site:

Ark of Hope, a 49" (124.5cm) x 32" (81.3cm) x 32" (81.3cm) wooden chest was created as a place of refuge for the Earth Charter document, an international peoples treaty for building a just, sustainable, and peaceful global society in the 21st century. Visit www.earthcharter.org for complete information o n the Earth Charter. The Ark of Hope also provides refuge for the Temenos Books, Images and Words for Global Healing, Peace, and Gratitude. Over 600 handcrafted 8" x 8" x 2" books have been made by artists, schoolchildren, and citizens around the world, expressing their individual and collaborative prayers and affirmations for Earth. The Earth Charter's 16 principles for building a just, sustainable and peaceful global society are the guiding vision behind the creation of these books.
Recognizing that the United Nations is central to global efforts to solve problems which challenge humanity, the Ark of Hope carrying the Earth Charter and the Temenos Books was exhibited at the United Nations during the World Summit PrepComII in January-February 2002.

arkofhope.org...

So basically the UN has taken the Ark of God that represented his "footstool" on the Earth and contained his holy law and created a knockoff that celebrates a pagan gaian religion.

Instead of the Law of God written in stone, it contains some new age new religion document called the Earth Charter:

The Earth Charter is an authoritative synthesis of values, principles, and aspirations that are widely shared by growing numbers of men and women in all regions of the world.

The principles of the Earth Charter reflect extensive international consultations conducted over a period of many years. These principles are also based upon contemporary science, international law, and the insights of philosophy and religion. Successive drafts of the Earth Charter were circulated around the world for comments and debate by nongovernmental organizations, community groups, professional societies, and international experts in many fields.

www.earthcharter.org...

This must be one of the most sacrilegious things I've read in a while, and I think sheds more incites into the true plans of the United Nations.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I doubt that Mystery Bablyon is the UN, since John the Elder had never heard of the UN. More likely its Rome, which was persecuting the christians, and john himself had been put into exile by Nero apparently too. A beast with many heads and crowns is more applicable to the Roman system than the UN assembly. Mulitudes of peoples, and especially the glaringly obvious seven hills reference seem to strongly confirm that the Roman Empire was what Revelation is talking about when it talks about Babylon.

This is proof that the UN is blaspheming God:

How is emulation blasphemy??

Should that article even be beleived? It talks about the fake 'discovery' of the ark to come on the 14th.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I read on a website where the new EU building being designed is similar to the Tower of Babel and that there are other things to do with the EU and Babylon. The site I think has been closed. On another site I read something about the UN (which I think is very useless) want to get rid of the American Constitution for their UN charter which is similar to the USSR constitution thingy which they have. More information can be found: www.anti-christ.com... (Don't worry, it's nothing naughty)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am afraid I must agree with Nygdan in stating that the 'prophecies' of Revelations probably related to events surrounding the Roman Empire and have therefore already come to pass.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the United Nations is pursuing some kind of evil, one-world agenda, if for no other reason than the UN is not particularly effective in galvanising support and bringing nations together for a common cause. But even if they were, how would they go about setting up and enforcing this one-world government? They have no army, merely peace-keepers from member nations. They certainly lack the ability to seize and maintain control over the population of the Earth, in my humble opinion.

I think that the "pagan/Gaian religion" being espoused by the UN is in fact an effort to make people more aware of the impact humans have on the planet. Here in Australia, we teach about the existence (rather than the virtues) of the Gaia Theory. Does this mean that our schools are trying to promote a one-world religion? Or is it more likely that they are trying to promote ecological responsibility? For the UN to institute some form of dominant religion would mean the conversion or expulsion of many of its largest members, which would make it even more ineffective than it is now.

The UN has sat idly by while christians worldwide, especially in Africa are being murdered for their beliefs

Yes, but it has also sat by as Muslims were murdered (in Chechnya, for example) and as Hindus and Muslims fought in places such as India. The UN is not a Christian organisation, after all. I also disagree with the notion that countries are losing their sovereignty to the UN or that the UN is controlling national leaders. History has shown us that national leaders will go against the UN when push comes to shove (the occupation of Iraq, for example).

These are just my opinions, though. Clearly many of those who have posted here feel differently and that's great. I'd be more than happy to address any problems people may have with my opinions (as long as people are willing to talk cordially, of course
).

[edit on 5/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well last night I thought of this crazy idea. The UN are doing nothing really to help the Islamic population (at least not publicly). They aren't really helping in the problem between Palestine and Israel. so I suspect that they're waiting for these religion fuelled wars to kill off certain religions and then they can bring in the one world religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Please see this article, which explains the relationship of the UN to Mystery Babylon. Pastor Eli James

blog.ucoy.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is an old thread that came up on a google search and so did this.
It's of interest.

Insight magazine reported on October 2, 2000: Bawa Jain, secretary-general of the Millennium Peace Summit, says he thinks all religions and spiritualists, as well as assorted witch doctors, sha-mans and medicine men, draw their wisdom from the same source. But he applauds efforts to outlaw proselytizing since it matters little whether one worships a downed World War II airplane with a cargo cult, is a snake-handling Baptist or a Roman Catholic. That view has been met with strict opposition from the Vatican and mainline Protestants, who oppose the notion that all religions are equal. As host of the U.N.'s Millennium Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders, Jain told an international meeting of 1,000 delegates that religions need to accept the validity of all beliefs to attain world peace. The summit, the first of its kind to be sponsored by the United Nations, was held in New York City Aug. 28-31 just before political leaders gathered for the U.N. Millennium Assembly. The timing was perfect, says Jain, as it allowed religious leaders to update their political counterparts on how to usher in the peace of the new world order through religious universalism. According to Francis Cardinal Arinze, president for interreligious dialogue at the Vatican and a speaker at the summit, the Catholic Church also would favor one religion in the world - if it were Roman Catholicism. Assorted grand muftis and other true believers hold the same view, again so long as it is their faith that is universally recognized. That each is out to convert the world is to be expected, so the proposed ban on proselytizing is surprising.... So what is the objective here? Is it religious tolerance, unification or subversion of religious faith? Jain tells Insight that he looks forward to a day when religious people no longer insist on a single truth. And the URI, in which Jain is active and which was one of the partners for the summit, takes it even further. URI president Swing says, "There will have to be a godly cease-fire, a temporary truce where the absolute exclusive claims of each [religion] will be honored but an agreed-upon neutrality will be exercised in terms of proselytizing, condemning, murdering or dominating. These will not be tolerated in the United Religions zone."

top topics

join