It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual delay...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There's no question that the Bush/Gore race was the longest and most bewildering in American history (remember hanging chads, Bush winning the electoral vote but Gore winning the popular vote, the Supreme Court deciding the winner, etc.), but I think that it's safe to say that whether Donald Trump wins or loses, this race will go down in history as one of the most wrongly predicted and perhaps surprising elections.

CNN has a great article that touches on other bizarre elections:

CNN Article

It's interesting to note that it's nearly 2:00 AM and there's no declared winner. Possible reasons for this delay:

1. Voter.org (or whatever organization does the official tallying) is being meticulous about making sure that all votes are counted correctly before announcing a winner;
2. a winner has been disclosed to the candidates and the loser is making a big stink and contesting the outcome, or,
3. there's fear that the announcement will incite pockets of violence and hence the delay (the later the announcement, the less number of people still awake watching the election).

I may be wrong, but other than the Bush/Gore election, I can't remember the absence of a winner at 2:00 AM. The newscasters seem to be struggling to find fresh material to discuss. They're recycling the same conversations over and over and aren't even trying to hide it.

What say you, ATS, am I being overly vigilant or can there be an unknown reason for the lateness of these election results?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Maybe they waiting on the arrest teams to pick up hillary .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: timidgal

How old are you? This is not unusual at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Im sorry, i was thinking this is taking an awfully long time as well.

I cant remember it taking this long before.....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well Russia's Mediterranean fleet is getting ready to lay it on Aleppo , could that be related??? Maybe they scared about what it means for ObamaCare??

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Podesta has just said no announcement from Clinton.....

WTF.....

RA
edit on 9-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Well, it could take hours for networks to announce and counts to be done. It's 2 am EST. Will Donald Trump get up to give the speech at 4am? Who would see it?

Tomorrow, whatever the count, is better. For both of their speeches.

edit on 9-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Neither of them have slept.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The Clintons can't concede, the alternative is Jail. Now the fun starts, or it might be a bargaining tool on the Clintons part.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm old enough to have seen/voted in at least 12 Presidential elections.

How many times have you known of a campaign chair sending their supporters home without a victory or concession speech?

I find many things about this delay unusual. If your experience has been different, I'm glad you're used to this type of situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

If the counts come out that way, Clinton wil concede. That has nothing to do with jail.

Both of them are almost 70. Let them rest a bit and then the numbers are released.

No matter which one it is, do we want to run them to death?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Ah they dismissed hillarys speech until morning... send her group home to prevent inevitable unrest... trump group still present in force...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's interesting to note that even the reporters are mentioning Trump's refusal to agree to accept the results.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: timidgal

I'm old enough to have seen/voted in at least 12 Presidential elections.

How many times have you known of a campaign chair sending their supporters home without a victory or concession speech?

I find many things about this delay unusual. If your experience has been different, I'm glad you're used to this type of situation.

Maybe it's a new thing. Both candidates are almost 70. I would rather the speeches don't take place at 4am.

We will have to be behind an elderly person, no matter which one it is. Let them give the speech at a reasonable hour.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: timidgal
It's interesting to note that even the reporters are mentioning Trump's refusal to agree to accept the results.

He said it several times. but the results are the results.

It looks like Trump being the winner. So all I am saying is, let's have the speech not in the middle of the night. He is elderly. let him give the speech and let Clinton give her speech, in the morning.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Ah they dismissed hillarys speech until morning... send her group home to prevent inevitable unrest... trump group still present in force...

There was already palpable unrest in her camp and visible disappointment at being sent home.

Is it really surprising that Trump is keeping his camp in house? I wouldn't doubt if he makes some type of speech before the night is done. He wouldn't miss that limelight opportunity.

Ah, it was just reported that he's on his way to make some type of speech at his election headquarters. How nice for him to wait until Hillary's camp has been sent home...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Imagine the uproar if trump did what Hillary is doing.

Grab your popcorn guys this going to get messy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

A stall for time for the old getaway ? Reminds me of the old gangster movies.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

266 to 218.... its over... trump wins.

link   

I dig it. Older people would benefit from the rest, even for but a cat's nap in the world of politics and business.

link   

I wouldn;t doubt it. No one has called it, but trump is Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join