It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Reno, Former US Attorney General, Has Died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The first female US Attorney general and epicenter of some Clinton Administration storms, has passed, according to her Goddaughter.

She died due to complications of Parkinson's disease at 78.

served as the Attorney General of the United States, from 1993 to 2001.[1] She was nominated by President Bill Clinton on February 11, 1993, and confirmed on March 11, 1993. She was the first woman to serve as Attorney General and the second longest serving Attorney General after William Wirt.

Waco

The 51-day Waco siege standoff and resulting 76 deaths—the Branch Davidians—in Waco, Texas. (The standoff began on 28 February 1993, twelve days before Reno was installed as Attorney-General.)

Oklahoma City Bombing

Capture and conviction of Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols for the Oklahoma City bombing.

edit on 7-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
And?

second...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmasBiatch
And?

second...

And what? She's dead. Not funny or clever.

RIP Janet Reno.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

Its called reporting the facts.

The effort is worthy in and of itself. Are you not tired of biased media? Well here is some media that simply is what it is. Makes a nice change, does it not?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My big sister was her head administrator,before sister retired she was an agent handled all cases,but poor Janet Reno didn't age well,my sister is 70 looks 35,must be the genes

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Tell your sister I am sorry for her loss.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I can only say: This year. What next? The first woman to serve as attorney general passes on the day before what may be the first woman to serve as president could be elected. I'm skeptical of the importance of synchronicities, but 2016 has just been crazy. Even I have to admit that.

Also, not to moralize, and everyone's words are their prerogative, but I hope people's comments can be restrained and respectful irrespective of political feelings. Call me old fashioned, but I still believe in respect for the dead, even those we disagree with. (Applies to the living as well.)

Peace.
edit on 11/7/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Extended encouragement of decorum to the living.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Forgive me for not mourning a woman who most probably was part of those that caused the death of possibly thousands, unbenounced to the many.

She represented a Government that stole and lied and cheated to the entire Country.

That to me is unforgivable.
edit on 7-11-2016 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have to say I was a bit surprised to hear this on the radio this morning. I had one of those Mandella Effects with this one. Could have swore she passed awhile back. Wondering if anyone else thought so too. Or remembers that?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
I can only say: This year. What next? The first woman to serve as attorney general passes on the day before what may be the first woman to serve as president could be elected. I'm skeptical of the importance of synchronicities, but 2016 has just been crazy. Even I have to admit that.

Did Janet Reno know too much, if a Trump presidency did some investigation into say... Waco, etc?

Or could she have been in the way during a Clinton presidency, so something had to be done before it was too obvious later?

Or (I know - even a bigger stretch) - what if the thought of serving under Hillary Clinton was more than her poor old heart could bear?

I know - she was 78.
Just makes me wonder. Too many strange coincidences.

edit on 11/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh well. Couldn't stand the woman. Just as corrupt as the rest of them. She was so manly she bled flannel.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
She was 78 and battling a disease.

It makes no matter that tomorrow is Election Day as her story was over...

I'm surprised someone hasn't floated a "she knew too much" story yet..oh wait.... 😈

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yeah i know right....

Stupid Crap they shove in our faces just in time for the Elections...

I hope people are awake enough to vote responsibly this time.

Most of the people who Voted for Obama are voting soon,,, this scares the sh't out of me and millions more.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Good... She was another one who does not belong here on Earth. Good riddance and hopefully she is now answering for her crimes.
edit on 7-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
No loss NOW lets get rid of THIS one too.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't wish Parkinsons on my worst enemy.

Tomorrow will be soon enough to vilify, should that be your wish, today how about we wish the family well?

Or is that too much to ask of some of you?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The skits Will Ferrell use to do on her put him on the map. I remember Waco like it was yesterday being a kid. Horrifying those people burning alive. They could have did it more low key and waited for him to leave. Ruined the rest of her life. That's what happens when people are made the authority on something they have little knowledge about. Sure she was not a bad person but that is what she will be remembered for unfortunately. RIP.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Tomorrow will be soon enough to vilify, should that be your wish, today how about we wish the family well?

Because you like me have a good heart.

You hate injustice but you are forgiving.

You are a good kind soul.

You're right, we should pay our respects.

those who pass over are happier there, we should learn to smile more when someone passes over, it could be me next week.
edit on 7-11-2016 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I concur!

Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not a fan for obvious reasons....but thats a tough way to wind down for sure. Hate to hear about anyones suffering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join