It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Plane Load of Illegal Immigrants Forced Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Four Chinese nationals and a pilot are being held for questioning by the FBI. They were in an unregistered, unlit Cessna south of San Antonio when they were intercepted by federal authorities and forced to land. The pilot is being investigated for links to a suspected smuggling ring.

story.news.yahoo.com
SAN ANTONIO - A group of suspected illegal immigrants was being questioned early Tuesday after federal officials forced their single-engine plane to land here.

The Cessna carried at least four suspected illegal immigrants who were detained along with the craft's pilot by homeland security officials in connection with a possible smuggling operation, according to newspaper and broadcast reports.

A police dispatcher said federal authorities forced the craft to land just before 10 p.m. Monday at Stinson Municipal Airport, a few miles south of downtown San Antonio.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Very, very interesting that we now have evidence that Chinese nationals are being smuggled into the US from Mexico. Does this recent development lend any credence to the "scare" last week of Chinese nationals in Boston as part of a dirty bomb plot?

More information:

www.woai.com
Authorities are trying to determine if the four pasengers on board the Cessna 172-P, two men and two women, are linked to a report that several Chinese nationals were attempting to set off a 'dirty bomb' in the Boston area.

San Antonio Police surrounded the airport close to 9 p.m. Monday after receiving a call for help from the Department of Homeland Security, officials said. The single-engine plane was intercepted after officials said it was flying in American airspace illegally.

"Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials will hold these people and will determine what their status will be," San Antonio police Captain Jeff Humphrey told 1200 WOAI news.

Humphrey said it appears to be an 'alleged smuggling case.'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While they may not be related to this case, I do find it extremely interesting and rare that numbers of Chinese nationals are now choosing to enter the US through Mexico. Also curious is the fact that this particular group of illeagals is also 2 men and 2 women.

It seems quite obvious to me that people from around the world are realizing the ease in sneaking into the US from Mexico. This should make the Department of Homeland Security realize just how important it is to secure our borders.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Spectre]

[edit on 1/25/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey; they are just coming here, like Bush said, to do tyhe jobs nobody wants to do, like:

Carpentry
bricklaying
meat packing
electrical work
plumbing work
mechanical work
landscaping
nannying
waitress work
restaurant work
window washing, high rise, janitorial work
house painting
oh, and the new ones do a little farm work.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
Hey; they are just coming here, like Bush said, to do tyhe jobs nobody wants to do, like:

Carpentry
bricklaying
meat packing
electrical work
plumbing work
mechanical work
landscaping
nannying
waitress work
restaurant work
window washing, high rise, janitorial work
house painting
oh, and the new ones do a little farm work.

Well, with all my objections to Bush, he's right here. Mostly Mexicans built the house I bought. And, when I was watching the home and garden channel two years ago, it was real funny -- first some pompous designer/landscaper shows up, then a gang of Mexican workers with shovels and cartwheels etc. There hasn't been a single case where all the landscaping workers weren't Mexican. One has to wonder.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How soon we forget...
those jobs used to pay very well ($6-$20)... until the companies that hired the illegal immigrants realized how much more profitable they could be, and how easily they could compete for the same contracts when they didn't have all the overhead in salaries...(of course most illegals are paid under the table) and all they had to do was violate a law that most politicians have violated...

so within weeks, everyone of the competitors was hiring illegals so that they could compete...

has anyone thought of a simple fact... if we paid the workers legally and paid them what the work was worth... then Americans would have those jobs again... but it is so much easier to hire illegals without having to worry about taxes, unemployment, insurance, ect.....

so we are rewarding the companies that break the law...

not acceptable... not at all... make illegals compete for the same jobs fairly... make the employers pay all the same benefits and taxes for either... and the whole arguement becomes mute...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Absolutely correct LazarusTheLong!

I also do not buy the INS claims that they can’t enforce the laws due to manpower shortages. I live in Atlanta. Give me 100 cops and 2-3 judges to enforce the fines and I’ll have this entire city clear of illegal workers in less than a year. It’s cost about 3-5 million dollars a year to do it.

The trick is to raid businesses en-mass and level horrific fines when we find them using illegal workers. Arrest the BUSINESS OWNERS and ignore the illegals completely.

Once you fine 40-50 business about 100K each in one month you’ll see more “Help Wanted” signs than you thought possible. Yes, your hamburger might cost $0.50 more but those would be AMERICIANS working at those jobs, not illegal aliens that come in to horde up cash, trash the place, and then leave.

I’m SICK of seeing these folks litter, cause havoc in our health-care and legal systems, and basically ignore our laws.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I totally disagree that its a job thing. These Chinese nationals have no business sneaking into our country, especially after 9/11.

To me, they are a threat to my security. If Jose Padilla could be detained as a terrorist, why can't Chinese nationalists?

Don't give me the job excuse.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A police dispatcher said federal authorities forced the craft to land just before 10 p.m. Monday at Stinson Municipal Airport, a few miles south of downtown San Antonio.

Just curious...how did they force them to land? Was it via intercept by federal aircraft? What kind of aircraft do they have at their disposal?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I also agree that it was taking this off topic to talk about the "jobs" issue...
these illegals flying in by plane, are not looking for jobs, they are looking for a secret place to land, and then do secret things...

IMO that any plane that does not answer to hails and doesn't show ID on tail, should be shot down... and ask questions later...

on second thought... what if they were going to drop a bioweapon... wouldn't do to spread it out for them...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The thing that really bothers me about this story is that they found 4 Chinese in the plane. 2 male, 2 female. Exactly the same as the BOLO that went out last week related to the dirty bomb scare in Boston.

The guy who called in the "tip" is now in police custody. I wonder if he was calling to tell them these 4 were on the way, or if this is the second group to try and get into the country.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You talk of a war in Iraq and possibly Iran. You talk of spreading truth and democracy, of reason and understanding.

And yet..8,000+ people a DAY get across the border between the US and Mexico - a lot of them out-breeding the indigenous population to the point where resources are depleted and the environment is pillaged. This isn't multiculturalism this is the destruction of a nation without even the right to even express an opinion.

I've seen so much land destroyed in the Midwest and South-West that it is so heartbreaking to see my country raped and pillaged in such a manner. It's happened in the last couple of decades as well - not from European immigrants or even American multinationals.

If we fail to plan, we plant to fail; gagging orders from Washington aren't going to change the FACT that allowing the world and his son to enter our borders - without any form of sustainable debate or lord forbid restraint or understanding - is going to pretty much guarantee that our nation resembles an exact replica of the unstable state of affairs from which these people originate from. It's already happening. It's all very well and good isn't it, to hate America yet at the same time take everything she has to offer on a plate.

Bring the troops home. Lock the borders. Then start telling the world how to become civilised, how to envisage and implement long-term stability. The US cannot sustain such a large population growth and in a very short space of time the US isn't going to call the shots either; already Americans are being treated like # in their own country for having the tenacity to create and establish, sustainable solutions.

Unsustainable population growth and sporadic intolerance is the biggest threat the US has ever known, because the US has never known a threat bigger. You don't need the world in your back yard, you just need to send out a clear message that this is YOUR country and YOU have the right to insist that your wishes be respected.

Go on ignoring what history teaches us, what's going on along our borders and through employment practices as well as educational programs and you'll get what you wished for..California is but one gleaming example of where the rest of the country is headed. Up in smoke. Would you live in a country like this? Because the people we should be encouraging to live here certainly won't.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Found an interesting connection. Apparently the owner of this small plane that was forced down, is also the owner of a flight school in San Antonio, TX. This particular flight school was one of the ones that trained the pilots of the planes that attacked the US on 9-11.

Bill Gertz, a respected journalist, is reporting this in a new edition of Geostrategy-Direct. While the site is a "Pay per view" site, it does have a blurb on it's homepage.

Radiological bomb plot had Al Qaida connection

FBI and U.S. national security officials have dismissed a recent tip that several Chinese nationals had infiltrated the United States as part of a radiological bomb plot in Boston.
But the plot has an intriguing terrorism connection.

The Northeast Intelligence Network Internet site reported that a small aircraft at the center of an alien smuggling operation is owned by the same person who owns a San Antonio flight school used in the past by an Al Qaida terrorist.

A flight student at the school was Abdul Hakim Murad, an Al Qaida member who was linked by U.S. intelligence to the Philippines-base Al Qaida plot to fly an bomb-filled aircraft into CIA headquarters.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You almost have it right, Ross. The immigration problem could be and should be resolved in a month's time. Announce our new policy, station troops on the border, then violators to be shot immediately after ignoring one warning shot. Word will spread rapidly and they'll stop coming. Beats the blazes out of providing free medical care, schooling, even welfare payments. Handing out Perrier water and amnesty at desert stations in Arizona doesn't. Tough? yes. Effective? again yes. Otherwise, we had all best start learning Spanish, because English will be a second language in these United States.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ross Cross

I've seen so much land destroyed in the Midwest and South-West that it is so heartbreaking to see my country raped and pillaged in such a manner.

...You should see what US foreign policy and corporate colonization did to Mexico first. ...If we hadn't helped steal their land and destroy their water and air, they wouldn't need to come here.

top topics

join