It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton's charity confirms Qatar's $1 million gift while she was at State Dept

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Setting aside the legality of it for a moment.

I confess, I'm completely baffled by the notion that its somehow ethically "ok" for appointed officials, elected officials or government employees to accept money from foreign donors, no matter how many shell companies, corporations or charities it's funneled through.

I'd appreciate anyone that thinks it's ok to explain their rational. I mean what am I missing?

That's a loaded question, but I'll attempt to answer it.

The CF does almost all of it's work outside of the US to help provide a variety of different services in nations that need assistance. Some nations need healthcare assistance, some need help implementing the means of a democratic process and some need help dealing with the consequences of war.

The CF does a little bit of everything. They give a little of it's funds to other charities, but for the most part they are a "boots on the ground" operation that does the work themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, Introvert. But even if I accept the notion that CF does some important work abroad and Is completely altruistic, which I'm not sure I do, I still think it's bad public policy to allow US officials to accept money/gifts from foreign entities/governments.

But again, thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Did the money go to Clinton, or the foundation?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Shhh, that is the big secret that none of the Clinton Foundation detractors want people to look into!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, could you clarify the issue with the donation and what if any favors Qatar received that are above and beyond what they normally would get as an ally to the US.

No state department official is allowed to accept gifts or not even "donations" to a state department officials favorite charity, which for the Clinton's is only their foundation. You didn't know that? And there doesn't even have to be any favors done or even promised.
edit on 4-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That wouldn't matter. State department officials are barred from receiving or accepting gifts like that. And Clinton knew that, which is why the crook didn't even report it..

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

And by the way, it isn't really called "pay to play" it's called BRIBERY and it's a felony when you take money in exchange for favors while working at the state department, and especially if you are secretary of state.

Still looking in to this issue, but can you point out the "favors" that were extended by the Clinton SD?

No favors need be implied or given. Simply the act of accepting a gift, especially a million dollars from a foreign national implies by the act alone that some favor is being implied, and working for the state department forbids these things. This information is available on the state department web site.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I thought the USA had a statute (or perhaps a Constitutional provision) that prohibited an Executive Branch official and the spouse of said official from receiving any funds (or gifts) from foreign sources or powers.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: glend
Qatar is one of the countries that have been supporting ISIS against Libya and now Syria,

Gee this world is f***** up.

Qatar stands to make trillions of dollars if they can ever get a natural gas pipeline to Europe.

That pipeline needs to go through Syria of all the places !!!

No sh*t? Where have I been, that explains a lot..

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So what we have here is the same countries that are
funding ISIS are the same countries that fund the Clinton's
Foundation. Qatar, and the Saudi's.

To the tune of Millions, and Billions.

This does illustrate just how much Hillary hates America,

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The Foundation is nothing more than a Slush fund.

See "Chelsea's Wedding", "Chelsea's life" for 10 years.....

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Um.. You guys know we have had a military Base in Qatar since 1999 right? We had been an ally with them for years before Clinton became SoS. I am not sure what your angle is... Are you trying to Push Pay-to-Play or what?

What does that have to do with Qatar paying the Clinton's $1 million and them not disclosing it after saying they would?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I will not accept a blatant criminal to be the president of the United States. As far as I'm concerned if she's President, I'm no longer a citizen

top topics

<< 1   >>

join