It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strong Signal From a Neighboring Solar System Has E.T. Seekers Speculating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Popular Science

Astronomers at the SETI institute have detected "a strong signal" in the direction of HD164595, a star 95 light years from Earth. At least one Neptune-sized planet orbits this star. It was observed by the RATAN-600 radio telescope in Zelenchukskaya, in southern Russia.

It seems like this was a powerful signal. But the jury is still out since it's in a familiar military frequency. But just because it's using a known frequency doesn't mean it's being produced by us. That said, this would not be the first time radio astronomers were fooled by US or other military technology in the sky.

We shall see. Between this and a recent story about other potential alien transmissions, I think radio astronomy is about to get very interesting.
edit on 2 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Very cool post s.f.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There seem to be quite a few stories coming out lately about signals from space..
Is this because of our technology advancing? Or maybe are we in the times of possible disclosure on its way?
Whatever the answer.. I absolutely love this stuff and one of the reasons i joined this site..

Thanks for posting s and f

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
There seem to be quite a few stories coming out lately about signals from space..
Is this because of our technology advancing? Or maybe are we in the times of possible disclosure on its way?
Whatever the answer.. I absolutely love this stuff and one of the reasons i joined this site..

Thanks for posting s and f

Feels like disclosure has already started. Information has been dripping into public domain very slowly but seems to be rapidly increasing lately.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. I'll be keeping an eye on this development....

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Very cool post s.f.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

And I'll keep an ear out too.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

E.T using a military frequency, hmm ,let's presume that it's coincidence.

If not ,why's E.T calling our military, and what are they discussing.

Other than that let's wait for the Oh it's just some reflected noise from whatever they come up with I guess, but they sure are warming us up this winter.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
OOOOHHH Maybe proof of the Secret Military Space Program?

I really hope it's Aliens.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am at work, so cant copy and paste
I heard something in the news the other week about a team (not seti) finding signals, which they said, chances are, they are alien signals. Since then, I have heard nothing. Think it was a group in Canada. I will look it up again when I get home.

Just find it odd that the mainstream did not pick this up.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's a warning!

"Vote hillary and we destroy your sun"

Just kidding.

One of them signals has to be real someday but could we decipher it?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I've seen that article too. I think this could be the one you're referring to.

The independent

But what if the signals are indeed some say are produced by some secret spaceforce of our own or other craft orbiting our planet?

Sadly they do not say the name of the starsystem it's coming from.

edit on 0b35America/ChicagoWed, 02 Nov 2016 08:32:35 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Nov 2016 08:32:35 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
OOOOHHH Maybe proof of the Secret Military Space Program?

I really hope it's Aliens.

It's not from anything we have if it's 95 light years from earth, that would mean the signal is really old. Frequencies are Frequencies so the "familiar military freq" doesn't mean squat if this signal really did originate 95 light-years out. So, not SSP Or Modern Aliens, but could be from a very ancient and probably long gone society OR it's some kind of mistake and the signal bounced off of something to make it appear as if it's coming from deep space. Two Cents
edit on 2-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Jay-morris

I've seen that article too. I think this could be the one you're referring to.

The independent

But what if the signals are indeed some say are produced by some secret spaceforce of our own or other craft orbiting our planet?

Sadly they do not say the name of the starsystem it's coming from.

A secret space force with interstellar capabilities would not be using standard radio communication for extreme distances (like 95 light years) because radio frequencies don't move at light speed and even if they did it would still take 95 years for the message to get from one ship to another.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

'ET's going home' is coming out soon...

Maybe, mummy is coming for her boy at long last.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

So you're saying that military frequencies are ordinary frequencies?

I understand that it would take time to arrive, but for now we don't have communication that exceeds the boundaries above lightspeeds.

We're working on something like that but I know it's not commercially ready now.

I wonder if radio frequencies can travel through wormholes or some other shortcut to reach destination?
But that's just speculation from my side.

Anyway nevertheless seems if we are looking at some distant civilization at the same or slightly the same level we are that they also using this military frequency to operate in .

But how do they know that it's coming from exactly ninthyfive lightyears away?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: 191stMIDET

I wonder if radio frequencies can travel through wormholes or some other shortcut to reach destination?
But that's just speculation from my side.

RF could travel through small natural forming wormholes that constantly blink in and out of existence, momentarily linking far away places and time. This would explain why astronomers can not repeatedly detect signals like the Big WOW.

Now.... with traversable wormholes it's possible to use your cell phone, call mom or send email etc...

edit on 2-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
distance 95 LY away
Welll.they can recieve radiotransmissions from earth 1921 now.....
perhaps new signals over approx 70 years as an andswer...=
edit on 2-11-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
you mean an Hypercom...?
a reply to: imitator

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Thanks that confirms my question, but than it could be coming from almost every galaxy there is or how can you pinpoint a particular star to send out rf frequencies if maybe rf are travelling through wormholes?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join