It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mariah Carey is blaming Scientology for the collapse of her engagement to a billionaire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Mariah Carey is blaming Scientology for the collapse of her engagement to billionaire James Packer, it was reported last night.

The singer claims the relationship was ‘poisoned’ by his business manager Tommy Davis, who was once the church’s official spokesman.

Australian businessman Mr Packer was a Scientologist for four years after being introduced to the religion by Tom Cruise.
SOURCE

I wouldn't even consider having a significant other from most religions. My ex-wife was a bit of a Buddhist. Her practice of Buddhism was cute to me, and it didn't detract from our relationship at all. Her practice of Buddhism didn't involve any beliefs that affected her life in a significant way.

On the other hand, after growing up a Christian, I see religion as being mostly destructive. I believe in the expression, "religion is a parking lot for the mind." Religion narrows people's awareness and thinking in most cases in my experience. That's essentially what Mariah Carey was referring to in the article linked above in my opinion. Mind control is the ultimate narrowness of awareness and thinking.

This is another example of how little looks, money, and fame mean in the pursuit of happiness. It's also an example of how little being able to write and sing great love songs has to do with being successful in relationships.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

And James Packer said that Carey's spending was out of control

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I found that to be amusing. He's a billionaire; her net worth is supposed to be over half a billion dollars. She earned $27 million last year alone. Spending was an issue between them? In my view, it's nitpicking at that point. By the way, I just found those exact numbers, but I knew that Carey is extremely rich.

Name: Mariah Carey

2015 Earnings: $27 million
SOURCE

Mariah Carey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. Having sold over 200 million albums worldwide, Mariah is one of the world’s best selling female artists. Her net worth is estimated at $520 million.
SOURCE

edit on 2-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Scientology ain't no ordinary religion - it's an insidious cult. Just ask Nicole Kidman

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Enlightening. Didn't know Packer was into scientology. My guess is it's always been all about money, crikey.

Thanks for the post.

bally

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

And James Packer said that Carey's spending was out of control

The Scientologists were pissed that money wasn't going to them. They're a greedy bunch!

Mariah Carey may not know it now, but she's lucking to be getting away from them.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
All you suppressive people.

sciencefictiontology is a nice thing..

DC10's damn it !!! They're not cheap.

edit on 2-11-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Enlightening. Didn't know Packer was into scientology. My guess is it's always been all about money, crikey.

Thanks for the post.

bally

Yup. Scientology was born in Hollywood. Part of the scam and I guess attraction, is that it's really only available to wealthy people.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not surprising that a famous rich person would blame anything but themselves for whatever doesn't go exactly to plan in their lives.

join