It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAPL Proven Right as Largest Gas Pipeline in U.S. Experiences Massive and Deadly Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A massive explosion of a gas pipeline in Shelby County, Alabama — near the site where the same pipeline leaked some 336,000 gallons of gasoline just last month — evidences the exact reason activists and Native American water protectors oppose the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline over 1,400 miles to the northwest.

UPDATE: Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley declared a state of emergency on Tuesday, slated to last through December 1 unless he lifts it sooner, to facilitate the transport of fuel.

One person was killed and at least five people were injured in the blast — tentatively described as an accident — as Colonial Pipeline shut down operations black smoke billowed, sending millions into a panic over the abrupt and unexpected coming gas shortage.
“Our deepest condolences go out tonight to the family and friends of the person who was lost today, and our thoughts and prayers are with those who were injured,” Colonial said in a statement, reported NBC News.

“Colonial, the biggest refined products system in the United States, is responsible for supplying about one-third of the 3.2 million barrels per day of gasoline consumed on the East Coast, according to U.S. Energy Department data.”

thefreethoughtproject.com...

There is more to read in the above source and a video to watch.

Question: Do you all believe the DAPL protesters are right in protecting their water, when you have a prime example how bad things can get when there are oil leaks or faulty designed pipelines or chemical plants explode?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Frankly, if it was my water Id be protecting it too. Native American peoples get shat upon endlessly. Theve been pushed out to isolated areas and left alone, now theres money to be made, screw them , energy independence etc...im all for not sucking at the Saidi teet but not at this price.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Certainly there will be a rash of 'deep thinkers' who will blame this event on anti-pipeline protesters, which of course it may be. However I do not think so. I think this is one more 'prime example' of the fallacy that modern technology is 'completely'safe. And yes, I support the people of the Dakotas in their struggle to protect their land.

If you recall, I was outspoken about the stand off in Oregon a while back. That was because I saw that much of that protest, was conducted by people from out of that area. That the Bundys and all had come into Oregon looking for trouble to right without the consent or request of the people in that area of Oregon.

As long as it is the people of the Dakotas and people who they want to help them in their peaceful protest, I support them.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Certainly there will be a rash of 'deep thinkers' who will blame this event on anti-pipeline protesters, which of course it may be. However I do not think so. I think this is one more 'prime example' of the fallacy that modern technology is 'completely'safe. And yes, I support the people of the Dakotas in their struggle to protect their land.

If you recall, I was outspoken about the stand off in Oregon a while back. That was because I saw that much of that protest, was conducted by people from out of that area. That the Bundys and all had come into Oregon looking for trouble to right without the consent or request of the people in that area of Oregon.

As long as it is the people of the Dakotas and people who they want to help them in their peaceful protest, I support them.

Well...precedent was set with the Bundy Bunch...not guilty.

Maybe the Dakotas crew should take up arms and squat in a federal place, like say, Mount Rushmore...

Maybe we should all grab guns and refuse to leave federal facilities since there are no repurcussions.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Wait Again!!??

this is so dejavu....

last one saw everyone on facebook, sharing who spotted an open gas station.. I first noticed it when 3 gas stations all said gas was 0.00$..

so yea that was like a week, and this is supposed to be a month long wait, and thanksgiving is right in there too...

hope it's not too bad...

remember how it's 2 pipelines running parallel? one transporting gas and the other one carries other products.. last time they diverted it to transporting all gas..

well this time they are both shutdown..

conspiracy brain is going "Russia said the USA will pay."

edit on 1-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join